Author Topic: First single  (Read 7518 times)

04jhowarth

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
    • Email
First single
« on: February 17, 2011, 07:35:38 pm »
What do you think would make the best single?

Personally I think IDWTBAB would be the best one to kick start the whole promotion side of things, and then lead into other songs. Thoughts?
Thanks, James.

www.YouTube.com/04jhowarth < Vanessa goodies!

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
Re: First single
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 07:40:23 pm »
I think "Bride" has the most potential, but I wouldn't complain if "Carousel" was released first either.

ryan9315

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 10:56:06 pm »
I think "Bride" has the most potential, but I wouldn't complain if "Carousel" was released first either.

I agree with this. Depending on the production of Bride, it has potential.

sabasaba

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 12:04:49 am »

I agree. Definitely 'I Don't Wanna Be a Bride'! I also really love 'Carousel', but I feel like the former would garner more commercial success.

Jasonm

• A boy of summer gives his first kiss...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 12:18:29 am »
Carousel!! Please! ;D

maag

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2011, 04:11:07 am »
I don't think the single is one of the songs we already know. I mean, before Heroes & Thieves was released, we knew like 7 or 8 songs, but we didn't know Nolita Fairytale until the time it was released as a single. And the same thing happened with Harmonium, I think. However, if I had to choose one of these songs as a single, I'd pick Carousel or Bride too.

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2011, 04:22:37 am »
Same here.  Either one of those.  But, at the concert Monday (and if you watch the videos) she says Carousel "is the first...kinda door opener to Rabbits on the Run"  It seems to me like she was about to say first single, but had to recover (especially knowing now that her management doesn't want the track list out, they probably don't want the single to be known ).  Just my thoughts!
~Sara~

blueglove

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2011, 10:12:08 pm »
wrong forum....... post this stuff in songs.
Peace
-S

joey

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - josephherbert@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2011, 07:40:01 am »
I don't think the single is one of the songs we already know. I mean, before Heroes & Thieves was released, we knew like 7 or 8 songs, but we didn't know Nolita Fairytale until the time it was released as a single. And the same thing happened with Harmonium, I think. However, if I had to choose one of these songs as a single, I'd pick Carousel or Bride too.

Ditto. My thoughts exactly. She seems to be very wicked in surprising us that way. It's this mischevious thing she does and I love it. White Houses and Nolita Fairytale were NOT among the tracks she premiered at pre-release concerts!
"I see the Dalai Lama ... I feel him blessing me"

Myspace...Add me...

ryan9315

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2011, 12:19:28 pm »

Ditto. My thoughts exactly. She seems to be very wicked in surprising us that way. It's this mischevious thing she does and I love it. White Houses and Nolita Fairytale were NOT among the tracks she premiered at pre-release concerts!

If she never premiered Nolita Fairytale and White Houses at the one of the pre-release concerts, I wonder if she'll do the same. Or if she even realizes that is what she's doing.

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2011, 12:25:14 pm »
Well she would have been told when to play the singles by her labels. Now she's independent, she can pretty much play anything she wants. I wouldn't rule it out just yet. Her freudian slip was really interesting - "It's gonna officially be a, er ... premiere. I've never played it". Maybe she did forget she played it, but to use the word "official"? Hmm. I dunno. There's no telling what could happen with Vanessa, aha.

KULPDOGG

• View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2011, 01:06:28 pm »
Well she would have been told when to play the singles by her labels. Now she's independent, she can pretty much play anything she wants. I wouldn't rule it out just yet. Her freudian slip was really interesting - "It's gonna officially be a, er ... premiere. I've never played it". Maybe she did forget she played it, but to use the word "official"? Hmm. I dunno. There's no telling what could happen with Vanessa, aha.

ok, people keep saying this, and there might be a huge misunderstanding.

I want to clear this up. (if this does at all or not)

at first she was talking about Get Good.
and she said: "um, I think I'm gonna do um, a song -- um, it's gonna officially be uh I guess a premiere, I've never played it live before -- but let's do this one first, ok, This song is called Carousel, it's actually gonna be the first, or kinda opener of Rabbits on the Run. and um.. I think every record has an arc, and this is an important song, I wrote it um, [God, it's from] seven songs I wrote, and it's when I, kind of like started to see things with [with?] the writing process, I was getting pretty melancholy. and so this is an organic pick-me-up, I'm was very grateful with this song, I think I woke up and wrote it. for all of you single people, there's gonna be all these people[?]. It's not bad to be single on Valentine's day.

I don't think she made any slip-ups other than saying um a lot and stuttering a little, like she sometimes does (and admits to).

although she may have slipped that Carousel might be track #1, however maybe she just meant that it was LIKE an opener to the album, not necessarily the first track.
I don't know.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 01:10:50 pm by KULPDOGG »

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2011, 08:36:28 pm »
Maybe, what she means by opener is that it was the song she have written as a writer's block conquerer. Ever heard the story behind "Uncharted" by Sara Bareilles? I think it's just like that.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

ryan9315

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2011, 08:51:14 pm »
Maybe, what she means by opener is that it was the song she have written as a writer's block conquerer. Ever heard the story behind "Uncharted" by Sara Bareilles? I think it's just like that.

Perfect explanation! I never even made the connection between Uncharted opening up the flood gates for Sara and what Vanessa was saying about writers block.

sarab

• Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2011, 05:28:43 pm »

Perfect explanation! I never even made the connection between Uncharted opening up the flood gates for Sara and what Vanessa was saying about writers block.

However, she said this was true about London, not Carousel.
~Sara~