Author Topic: How you want/imagine "Rabbits"  (Read 16854 times)

Rabbits_on_the_run

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
Re: How you want/imagine "Rabbits"
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2011, 06:09:17 am »
You know how in movies sometimes two lovers are fading apart, and one of them has to accept that it's done. They start to play a song... at that point, I picture Get Good. I'm not saying that the album is gonna have a theme of love, but I do think it's going to be a very sad but uplifting album.

LOL I said that. Or our spirits are connecting in some way... lol

I tend to see music with colors too and I see this one yellow and not grey. I have the feeling that the album will give the same kind of emotions as Afterglow and San Francisco give. But of course in a more evolved way :)

Weisz

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2011, 06:21:00 am »
Hmm.. It's curious that almost everyone of you guys brought up 'gray' and other black-and-white inspired themes. On the other hand, what I could just imagine from this album is colors, especially blue, lavender, and green. Her album really feels like spring. Like there's new hope. And I think this would be the 'lightest' album she'll make. There's only one song with the dark shade, which is TTFS, and for it's great. I mean, Harmonium was way dark, and I guess it's about time for the light songs. About new hopes and freedom.

And besides, V has this talent to make sweet, light songs without making them cheesy, but rather mysterious yet so good. Like there's a very good story behind everything.

I prefer dark vanessa over anything. I wanted more dark for ROTR, we had light in H&T but oh well :( I do say grey too, but tbh its mostly because of the design on the website. lol Tho that doesnt mean dark, or sad  u know? : )
It's just me....and a drum. brmbrmbrmbrmbrbbrbrbrmmm

Still stars through a window, will they ever know this madness, madness of the

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2011, 07:13:40 am »
Hmm.. It's curious that almost everyone of you guys brought up 'gray' and other black-and-white inspired themes. On the other hand, what I could just imagine from this album is colors, especially blue, lavender, and green. Her album really feels like spring. Like there's new hope. And I think this would be the 'lightest' album she'll make. There's only one song with the dark shade, which is TTFS, and for it's great. I mean, Harmonium was way dark, and I guess it's about time for the light songs. About new hopes and freedom.

And besides, V has this talent to make sweet, light songs without making them cheesy, but rather mysterious yet so good. Like there's a very good story behind everything.

I prefer dark vanessa over anything. I wanted more dark for ROTR, we had light in H&T but oh well :( I do say grey too, but tbh its mostly because of the design on the website. lol Tho that doesnt mean dark, or sad  u know? : )

I too like the dark Vanessa and I had lots of dark hopes for this album!  As I see it coming together differently, I'm not upset because really, she can do no wrong.  I see a lot of maturation in the songs we have so far and the way they are styled.  Each album has been wonderful in it's own right and as a whole collection she has shown great growth as a musician and person.  Each album builds on the last and has progressed in such a beautiful and natural way.  Nothing she does is forced or to try and "top" her last album.  It's just SO natural and organic.  Some people have mentioned B sides and adding some of her older songs to B sides of this album.  I don't think she will ever do that because each album represents a different era and to regress is not productive, both in business and personal lives.  It would be great, however, if a separate album was released just for B sides or songs that she has never studio recorded before.  Those are some of my new thoughts!
~Sara~

mixedanthony

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2011, 08:18:08 am »
Im sure you've all seen the picture from the shoot by now/the video with her shooting and talking about the album. It looks interesting! Sort of like H&T but not really..it isn't really sad. More like a fantasy type of theme, I feel like.

saphire

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2011, 09:08:56 am »
I'd love if she would would have picked up some Charakters of the Book (Watership Down) and charakterises each with a bunch of Songs. Just something like Tori Amos did with her Doll-Posse but just with a "Rabbit-Posse" ^^ . That would be so conceptional. I still wonder where we'll find / if there will be connections between the songs and the books she called up as her inspiration (beside the lyrical connection of course)  ::)
The unicorns are riding high
Powerful in coats of white
I turn to look and burn my eyes
I carry on, I carry on

cassiemoy

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2011, 11:20:10 am »
i wouldn't say this is a light-hearted album. there's a lot of loss. above all, lost time and lost faiths and lost loves. things that haunt you. the melodies are definitely sweeter, and there is a lot about mending and second chance romantics, but this album says "wistful" to me more than anything. it is not a story album, but it's tighter around central concepts than i think anything she's done before. it's so grounded in that core feeling of wistfulness; despite heroes & thieves being a story of sorts, i think rabbits on the run will be her most cohesive album.

and i don't think this album is all that new or different in artistry. it's definitely more mature, but i find a lot of echoes of her older work - especially in "tall tales for spring"  (which i ADORED as an title) and i just hear the shades of all the previous albums in the new songs - and she has mentioned getting back to demo tape days. i think the razor & tie press release mentioned rediscovering effervescence, which is a beautiful way to put it. not that she isn't growing as an artist, which she also always is, and i think organic is the right way to put it, too.

108 days!
formerly fish_for__stars.

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2011, 12:31:48 pm »
i wouldn't say this is a light-hearted album. there's a lot of loss. above all, lost time and lost faiths and lost loves. things that haunt you. the melodies are definitely sweeter, and there is a lot about mending and second chance romantics, but this album says "wistful" to me more than anything. it is not a story album, but it's tighter around central concepts than i think anything she's done before. it's so grounded in that core feeling of wistfulness; despite heroes & thieves being a story of sorts, i think rabbits on the run will be her most cohesive album.

and i don't think this album is all that new or different in artistry. it's definitely more mature, but i find a lot of echoes of her older work - especially in "tall tales for spring"  (which i ADORED as an title) and i just hear the shades of all the previous albums in the new songs - and she has mentioned getting back to demo tape days. i think the razor & tie press release mentioned rediscovering effervescence, which is a beautiful way to put it. not that she isn't growing as an artist, which she also always is, and i think organic is the right way to put it, too.

108 days!

yes.  Also, I have learned to love the word "organic"  it really does describe how it feels
~Sara~

_all_is_well_

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2011, 04:56:51 pm »
When I listen to the live songs or the video on her website it makes me envision a countryside somewhere in central Europe (Czech Republic, Slovakia, Romania).. It makes me want to run through fields. I know that sounds crazy but thats how I think this album will sound (at least to me).
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 05:03:18 pm by _all_is_well_ »

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2011, 07:13:28 pm »
I know in another thread someone mentioned the album being more folk.   I think that would be great.  I loved BNN because it was so piano driven and the orchestra added to the drama.  I think the reason I did not immediately connect with Harmonium was because it was very percussion driven and the piano was often times drowned out by the percussion.  It grew on me, but my initial reaction was that there was too much other stuff and not enough piano.  H&T was lighter on the percussion but still very...put together.  I am hoping that ROTR is more raw and mostly just her and the piano.  I know she obviously used percussion (drummer from MMJ) but I am hoping she used him more as an enhancement rather than the driving force of songs.
~Sara~

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2011, 01:30:07 am »
I don't think that the percussions would overpower the songs in the record. The songs are more acoustic-sounding, so I think that there would be only mild percussions and such.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2011, 04:42:13 am »
I don't think that the percussions would overpower the songs in the record. The songs are more acoustic-sounding, so I think that there would be only mild percussions and such.

yes, I sure do hope so!  I think the songs do not call for such theatrics!
~Sara~

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2011, 05:47:02 am »

yes, I sure do hope so!  I think the songs do not call for such theatrics!

I definitely agree. V's new batch of songs are simple and sweet, and I think they deserve a stripped down arrangement.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.