Author Topic: Carousel Music Video (update: now online, reply #116)  (Read 94652 times)

lydia

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
Re: Carousel Music Video
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2011, 12:59:09 pm »
I agree with what sarab said about the music video. The way I envision Carousel is, these two people first meet each other at a carnival and find an attraction to each other.  The both hit it off and have a wonderful time together. But as time passes, they go on with their lives, marrying other people but still had that thought of that one person they felt a connection with. Later on, they discover each other again at the same carnival where they first met.  They both realize that they made a mistake and end up spending the rest of their lives together.
And somewhere in there white rabbits on the run will fit in there. =)
I like this idea.  It tells a story and really fits with the song.  And I like the idea of a carnival, which makes you think of a carousel, but it's not completely in your face.
Though I really do want to see a rabbit somewhere, hopping across the screen sometime during the video.  :D

craft

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2011, 03:42:07 pm »
I think the music video should be her sitting at a piano on a raised platform that's inside of the carousel (where the operator sits). She should be performing the song, with the blurred carousel horses passing close by the camera. Or, instead of horses making up the carousel, they can have a custom-made carousel with rabbits in place of the horses. Or, instead of at a carnival, maybe the carousel can be in that abandoned field in London where she was shooting pictures for ROTR. I say, I rather like the idea of an abandoned carousel that Nessa stumbles upon in a field somewhere. And when she touches it, it lights up. Ooh, the video can be at night, too, making the carousel lights glow. Or maybe Vanessa can be in a small cottage and looks out of the window at night and sees the glow of the lit carousel in the woods. And she travels through the woods and finds it...and also finds the ghost of her lover there riding it. I dunno, I'm a writer by profession, so naturally I have a million ideas for a project that's not even mine.   :D :D :) :)

coyote_revolver

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2011, 04:15:26 pm »
There's going to be a video?! so excited!!!!

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2011, 02:49:25 am »
I think the music video should be her sitting at a piano on a raised platform that's inside of the carousel (where the operator sits). She should be performing the song, with the blurred carousel horses passing close by the camera. Or, instead of horses making up the carousel, they can have a custom-made carousel with rabbits in place of the horses. Or, instead of at a carnival, maybe the carousel can be in that abandoned field in London where she was shooting pictures for ROTR. I say, I rather like the idea of an abandoned carousel that Nessa stumbles upon in a field somewhere. And when she touches it, it lights up. Ooh, the video can be at night, too, making the carousel lights glow. Or maybe Vanessa can be in a small cottage and looks out of the window at night and sees the glow of the lit carousel in the woods. And she travels through the woods and finds it...and also finds the ghost of her lover there riding it. I dunno, I'm a writer by profession, so naturally I have a million ideas for a project that's not even mine.   :D :D :) :)

OMG I LOVE all those ideas!  Especially the abondon carousel that comes to life !!
~Sara~

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2011, 06:12:56 am »
I also liked the idea! I'd love the contrast between the night sky and the colors in the carousel. I hope it'd look like my siggy in one way. (:

And about the rabbits, I hope it won't be overdone. Having a lot exposure of the rabbits, if not done with utmost creative care, can turn into cheesy pun. But I have a lot of trust to Vanessa and her team's creativity.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

Manny

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2011, 09:49:22 am »
Let's all should expect the unexpected!
Vanessa doesnt make the videos based on the lyrics. :-/

I just hope it will be a romantic, and fun video! Maybe a Carousel on it PLEASE!?!?!  ;D
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 10:20:54 am by medic0803 »

craft

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2011, 12:13:39 pm »

Rabbits, Horses, (and cats?) on the run.  :D

This one looks like a dog with big ears.  ???

I have no idea what this is.  ???

Now I know who the rabbits are on the run from. ::)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 12:21:01 pm by craft »

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2011, 12:28:56 pm »
sweeeeeet!
~Sara~

Rekky

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2011, 12:47:27 pm »
Maybe the video is something like Alice in wonderland, she fells into a tree following a white rabbit and discovers her own "wonderland" riding on a carousel and Lord Victor is the Chesire cat xD

craft

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2011, 01:31:35 pm »
Maybe the video is something like Alice in wonderland, she fells into a tree following a white rabbit and discovers her own "wonderland" riding on a carousel and Lord Victor is the Chesire cat xD

Well, the album title is supposed to be inspired by Watership Down, so Alice would be contradictory in a way. I like the idea of Victor as the Chesire cat (would they paint him purple?), but the thought of Nessa wearing that cheesy dress isn't doing so great in my mind's eye. As long as she doesn't wear that dress, it'd be a good idea. But, we must also take the budget into consideration. Nessa isn't sitting on a mountain of dough, and I doubt Razor & Tie has Tim Burton money to make a video like that.

lydia

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2011, 02:13:19 pm »
An Alice in Wonderland-inspired video would be cool. The title Rabbits on the run reminds me of that.
And I love those photos of the rabbit carousels!!

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2011, 02:13:41 pm »
i think it'll just be something pretty simple & basic but artsy. i can't see vanessa being too literal with the video. she's never really been literal (no white houses in "white houses", no record contract being taken away in "nolita fairytale", no crossing of oceans in "hands on me", etc).

i think whatever the outcome, it will be artsy and totally vanessa. i'm excited.

HearMyBells

• So you can put your weapons down...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2011, 02:31:29 pm »
i think it'll just be something pretty simple & basic but artsy. i can't see vanessa being too literal with the video. she's never really been literal (no white houses in "white houses", no record contract being taken away in "nolita fairytale", no crossing of oceans in "hands on me", etc).

i think whatever the outcome, it will be artsy and totally vanessa. i'm excited.

Arghhhh that reminds just how big of a missed opportunity Hands on Me was :(

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2011, 02:35:33 pm »

Arghhhh that reminds just how big of a missed opportunity Hands on Me was :(

yeah..
She is not one for story lines, more abstract.  I thought Alice in WOnderland the first time I heard the album was going to be Rabbits on the Run especially because Tim Burtons had just come out around that time.  But she said it was Watership Down rabbits that inspired her, so I totally through all any conceptual ideas based on Alice. (and Alice only has one white rabbit, and the only other rabbit is the March Hare, so there really aren't "white rabbits on the run" in Alice.  I haven't read watership down but I'm guessing there is more than one white rabbit...
~Sara~

Manny

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2011, 02:40:29 pm »
This whole carnival thing with carousels reminded me of Who knew by pink.