Author Topic: britney spears  (Read 104893 times)

Laura

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
britney spears
« Reply #210 on: March 03, 2004, 09:04:07 pm »
lmao @ Limey- haha oh my gosh- I have no clue. She's not like old, but she's not like young young, she's kinda middle age I guess you could say I really don't know lol

I'm not familiar with her old stuff but she did sing a lot of her songs. I remember I loved the song I hate you, and of course Milkshake lol

Well maybe because nobody knew who she was and we wanted to see Britney already some people were booing the Skye girl and the lady next to me kept complaining about the opening acts I was like "shutup already! it's gonna be another two hours" well I didn't say the first part, I just told her the two hours part lol but yeah Skye was pretty good. I'm gonna have to listen/ find some more of her songs to listen to, but she is decent. REALLY nice!

And my pic. got posted!!! I just gotta find someone to help me post it lol

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
britney spears
« Reply #211 on: March 04, 2004, 01:48:58 am »
Quote from: "Laura"
There was another opening act- her name was Skye Sweetnam, me & my friend got to meet her after her performance & we got a pic. with her. It should be on her website in a bonus section thingy but I guess they haven't posted ours yet I am still waiting.. I will post it for you guys when I get it!!! :) she was really sweet!

I know her!!
Her song "Billy S" is on the How To Deal soundtrack.
She's kinda like Mandy Moore but more rockish.
I hope she's gonna open for Brit in France too.
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

sayyouwould

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • MSN Messenger - xsayyouwouldx@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sayyouwould
    • View Profile
britney spears
« Reply #212 on: March 04, 2004, 12:15:47 pm »
Skye Sweetnam is like 15 from Canada??

I don't really like her song...she sounds like everyone else out there. And what is with all the like punkish groups/people coming from Canada?
I rely on my illusions to keep me warm at night

Laura

• View Profile
britney spears
« Reply #213 on: March 04, 2004, 10:05:59 pm »
I don't know Shelly, all I know is that Skye rocks! :)

And Ghisy, that'd be cool if she opened up for Britney in France. I don't think she is tho.. I could find out for you tomorrow!

Laura

• View Profile
britney spears
« Reply #214 on: March 13, 2004, 06:17:24 pm »
Britney's next single is Everytime!!! woohoo!!! *me is happy* :)

I cried when she sang that song when I saw her in San Diego! I told my Drama teacher that and she was like "Britney really got to you, huh?" and I'm like "yup" I guess she did lol

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
britney spears
« Reply #215 on: March 23, 2004, 06:41:27 am »
Is anyone going to capture this (divx or else):
Britney Spears: live in Miami [The Onyx Hotel tour]: Sunday March 28th on Showtime at 9 pm ET??
Because being in France, I won't be able to see it!  :(
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

sayyouwould

• View Profile
britney spears
« Reply #216 on: April 18, 2004, 07:58:11 am »
my gifts of the day...

Everytime Music Video
http://www.tantalizing.net/fclick/fclick.php?fid=031

Vultch

• Moderators
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Trading Yesterday
    • AOL Instant Messenger - BVulture
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theageof.info
    • Email
britney spears
« Reply #217 on: April 18, 2004, 08:15:56 am »
Quote from: "sayyouwould"
my gifts of the day...

nice, but I prefer a little higher resolution

Vultch

• Moderators
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Trading Yesterday
    • AOL Instant Messenger - BVulture
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theageof.info
    • Email
britney spears
« Reply #218 on: April 18, 2004, 08:17:52 am »
Quote from: "sayyouwould"
Everytime Music Video
http://www.tantalizing.net/fclick/fclick.php?fid=031

cool, I hadnt seen it yet. thanks

Laura

• View Profile
britney spears
« Reply #219 on: April 18, 2004, 10:45:25 am »
Damn... Britney is smokin' haha

Oh & I am in <3 with her new video for Everytime. It's funny because Toxic & Everytime are my favorite songs & they both became singles, & Brave New Girl is my other favorite song & it's becoming a movie, lol but yeah, Everytime is definitely one of the best videos I have seen lately. Really got to me when I saw it. I sware it's that song... it always get's to me lol

Bauhaus

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • Email
britney spears
« Reply #220 on: April 19, 2004, 02:47:05 pm »
I like her song 'toxic'. It reminds me of violator-era depeche mode. 8)

sayyouwould

• View Profile
britney spears
« Reply #221 on: April 19, 2004, 05:24:04 pm »
Britney Spears isn't going to kill herself in her next video after all — she's killing the suicide concept.

According to a treatment MTV News obtained for Spears' "Everytime" video, the singer was going to appear to have taken pills and drowned in a bathtub. Camera tricks and surprise plot developments were designed to keep the results somewhat mysterious (see "Britney Spears' Puzzling New Video Has Singer Drowning In Fame"). But Spears has decided against using those scenes — which she maintains were meant to depict accidental death, not suicide — and has revised the concept for the clip accordingly.

"Britney Spears was uncomfortable with these treatments due to the potential for a fictional accidental occurrence to be misinterpreted as a suicide," read a statement released by her label on Friday (March 12). "Ms. Spears revised the treatment to ensure the video for 'Everytime' will not have a scene in it that could in any way be perceived as a reference to a suicide."

After news of the video's concept broke, Spears was criticized by those who perceived it to be a glamorization of suicide. MTV News' You Tell Us received numerous letters from upset people like 24-year-old Fey of Beverly Hills, California, who wrote: "Leave it to Britney to exploit suicide. ... I lost a brother to suicide and am disgusted with her. Killing yourself is not glamorous, it won't set you free, and it will destroy everyone who loves you."

"Britney Spears' video 'Everytime' should not be shown," 18-year-old Amber of Wataga, Illinois, wrote. "Suicide occurs at an alarming rate, and this video seems to glorify it. ... I have lost a friend to suicide, and the concept of this video disgusts me."

The singer's label said it was not her intent to present suicide in any sort of positive light and that she hopes people who are considering suicide seek help. "[Spears] does not endorse [suicide] as a solution to any individual and fully recognizes that people who go to this length need assistance and advice and should contact their local suicide prevention organization," the statement read.

The shoot for "Everytime" is scheduled for this weekend in Los Angeles.

—Jennifer Vineyard

I've been obsessed with Britney since I was wee high...don't think this is a new thing.

Laura

• View Profile
britney spears
« Reply #222 on: April 19, 2004, 05:31:25 pm »
Leave it to Britney to exploit suicide. ... I lost a brother to suicide and am disgusted with her. Killing yourself is not glamorous, it won't set you free, and it will destroy everyone who loves you.

Wow this is just like a "let's bash Britney day" or something isn't it? sheesh

No freakin duh killing yourself is not glamorous & I think Britney knows that.

I sware some people just drive me insane when they critisize Britney like this... it's obviously sad if they lost someone to suicide, but honestly, are they really thinking that Britney is saying "go kill yourself, it will set you free!" ? Be realistic people. My gosh.

LimeTwister

britney spears
« Reply #223 on: April 19, 2004, 05:47:16 pm »
that article was from a few weeks ago.

Laura

• View Profile
britney spears
« Reply #224 on: April 19, 2004, 08:32:48 pm »
Yeah I thought it was, lol