Author Topic: britney spears  (Read 99970 times)

LimeTwister

britney spears
« Reply #465 on: January 15, 2008, 08:50:02 am »
Speaking of that song, I wonder if she's acting like this to promote the song...hmmmmm

If not, the bitch is just insane and needs to be locked away.

vcfan

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • Email
britney spears
« Reply #466 on: January 15, 2008, 09:49:31 am »
Quote from: "TSE"
Quote from: "SAMMIE CARTER"

i just realized that the black and pink one is actually curious: in control... not midnight fantasy haha. woops.

Is "Curious: In Control" the same as Curious?  Kinda like Curious Heart?

they're all different scents... kind of like different versions of the same scent? haha i don't really know why they do that.

Laura

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
britney spears
« Reply #467 on: January 15, 2008, 03:27:54 pm »
I'm a semi-fan of Rosie's (hate her sometimes, like her other times). I read her blog once in a while when I feel like it & found this.

it's pretty deep..she never writes in full sentences on her blog (she uses the haiku style of writing) so i was pretty shocked when i saw this. She speaks the truth, one that most of us know but I liked how she worded it. I didn't know about the whole "I'm scared" thing till I read this. Poor Britney :(

"TWENTY SIX

I remember the tunnel as it appeared on the news, lit by headlights, flashlights, red lights. Between the cement tall pillars was a heap of twisted metal. I saw it then, and I can see it now. Diana dead.

She will be trying to get away, but they will chase her, just as they chased her into that church yesterday. There were dozens of them, jostling their way into sanctuary, elbowing past each other, just to creep closer to her. Even her last-minute, folded-hand prayers can’t be kept sacred. There can be no silent moments in a crowd; no silence, and no secrets.

All this fresh, painful frailty costs her so much, but it lines their pockets very well. A kings ransom was paid for those tabloid-ready cheap shots of her with messy hair, tear-soaked eyes, and the half-smile of a desperate baby girl.

“I’m scared,” she told them yesterday, when they later mobbed her at court. “Move back,” she said. “I’m scared. Stop it. Stop it. I want to get back in the car. Just stop it. Let me get in the car, please.”

Sometimes it really is too much. Internal wires cross. Anxiety hits. Panic sets in the heart. Dread. Fear.

But she asked for it, she’s a public figure.

At eight years old, she bravely stood before a microphone. By 17, she had sold 25 million records. Where were the sidewalk-skinned knees, the chalk stained hands, the monkey bars, the passed notes? A Disney set is not a childhood, no matter how many bright colors they use, or how cheerful the script.

Not a girl, barely even a woman yet, they chased her. A mob of stalkers for whom no stalking laws have been written. Smother. Crush. Flash. Photo Credit. Even Dr. “Get Real” Phil got in on the action. Unreal.

83 million albums sold so far. How many pictures?

The tunnel is crowded now. There are only inches of separation between vulnerability and disaster."

vcfan

• View Profile
    • Email
britney spears
« Reply #468 on: January 16, 2008, 12:24:30 am »
^^yea, i was watching cnn the day britney was supposed to go to court. they said photogs from all over the world were there. seriously... the media frenzy outside that day was 10x that of when she goes to starbucks. they said it was even too much for the police on guard to handle.

she went to church afterwards and her and the people she was with all wrote notes to god. the one britney wrote said, "god bless me. help me get my children back."

and just a side note: i can't believe one of the papz actually went in to read the note she wrote...

Laura

• View Profile
britney spears
« Reply #469 on: January 16, 2008, 04:33:28 pm »
i cant believe they would go in either, but at the same time i can cuz they are paparazzi ya know? they will do anything for money.

& i know i got on Britney's case for acting weird, but i'm really starting to feel sorry for her. Sooo my mom was looking at perfumes & I asked the lady that was helping her if they had the one in the blue bottle by Britney (i think i was thinking of midnight fantasy) cuz you guys intrigued me with your posts lol & I was also feeling bad for Britney so she ended up pulling out the Curious one & i decided to get it. the bottle is so freaking pretty (the one on the very left in the pic below) I know, I'm weird haha. I'll take a pic. of it a little later I got the really tiny bottle..I think there are a couple sizes.

Quote from: "TSE"

Laura

• View Profile
britney spears
« Reply #470 on: January 17, 2008, 12:26:30 am »
holy crap this is a HUGE step against the paparazzi, i'm so glad the police are finally taking action. it's about damn time.

This is according to Perez, so hopefully it's true & he's not making it up. I'm going to bed so you guys will have to check his site for more updates.

We're not sure what's going on - yet - but sources tell us that law enforcement was called to Britney Spears house after 11:30 P.M. on Wednesday.
"The police have the paparazzi against the wall and are talking to Brit outside The Summit [the gated community Spears lives]," we're told.
Update: Paparazzi are getting arrested!
Update #2: We're told several photographers were arrested for "reckless driving."

Laura

• View Profile
britney spears
« Reply #471 on: January 29, 2008, 12:08:30 am »

vcfan

• View Profile
    • Email
britney spears
« Reply #472 on: January 29, 2008, 10:08:32 am »
i can't see it cuz i'm at work and perez is blocked here, but i'm sure you're talking about the picture when she's crying. i'm so confused over what happened last night.. but she seemed so sad. have you seen the videos? she was sitting on the curb crying and was saying, "i'm fine, i'm fine... please leave me alone." and of course the papz pretended like they cared, but in the end, they WOULDN'T leave her alone. at least she ended up with her mom.

i think they're having some sort of intervention at her house as we speak...

Laura

• View Profile
britney spears
« Reply #473 on: January 29, 2008, 12:13:37 pm »
no Perez didn't post the videos. I don't think I wanna see that though, the pic is already sad enough.

and yeah barbara walters said she's getting help, sam lufti or whatever his name is told her and she announced it on the view yesterday.

Laura

• View Profile
britney spears
« Reply #474 on: January 30, 2008, 11:49:18 pm »
apparently she tried to committ suicide..the story is on that x17 site and i'm sure it'll be everywhere else in the morning.

this is so sad, i hope she can get help after this and get better.

vcfan

• View Profile
    • Email
britney spears
« Reply #475 on: January 31, 2008, 09:20:05 am »
the suicide rumor is false... x17 already corrected themselves. britney's psychiatrist is the one that set this all up. britney hadn't slept since saturday and the doctor was worried about her driving, etc. but britney was calm and willingly went to the hospital.

vcfan

• View Profile
    • Email
britney spears
« Reply #476 on: January 31, 2008, 10:09:55 am »
Unlike the last time she was committed, this time around Britney Spears was all about peace and silence as she waited for cops and paramedics to take her away.

At her home earlier in the evening, we're told Sam Lutfi informed Brit he had been working with her psychiatrist and the cops and she would be going back to the hospital. At that point, we're told, Lynne Spears became extremely upset and accused Lutfi of trying to control her daughter. Brit then told everyone to "shut up," saying "I'll do what I need to do."

After that, Britney demanded complete silence. She sat on the floor and began passing notes to Lutfi, Adnan and others as they waited for the cops and emergency workers. Utterly different from the last time.

Source: TMZ

Bruised

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
Re: britney spears
« Reply #477 on: January 11, 2011, 01:48:22 pm »
...So...fast forward 3 years.

:D

Sets New One-Day Precedent As Single Tops Charts Within Hours Of Its Release

New York, NY - Perhaps USA Today sums it up best, "Spears’ new single delivers enough dizzying dance-pop ecstasy to ensure another chart-topping ride...”

Following the digital release of "Hold It Against Me" on Monday, 1/10/11, Britney Spears shatters all previous records for the most number of spins for a first or one-day at both Mediabase and BDS, according to one of the radio industry’s top analysts Kevin McCabe, founding principal of Musicrunch.

“Top 40 outlets across the country immediately put 'Hold It Against Me' in rotation and received instant-reaction airplay at America's most-influential stations including Z100 and WXRK in New York and KIIS and KAMP in Los Angeles,” states McCabe.

Sharon Dastur, program director for New York’s Z100, one of the top influential pop radio stations in the country says, "Ever since we played it yesterday, the reaction has been phenomenal. The audience loves it!"

In addition to the overwhelming fan response at radio, the sales story is also impressive; in less than a day of its release, "Hold It Against Me" is the #1 Song on iTunes.

Britney had 619 spins at Mediabase in what was only a partial day of spins for Monday, 1/10/11. At BDS, Britney had 595 first or one-day spins - also on a partial day's worth of airplay. Britney's big one-day powered her onto the BDS one-day building chart at 16* and perhaps even more impressive was her audience debut at 7*.

As expected, Spears is also a trending topic on twitter worldwide.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 01:50:02 pm by Bruised »