Author Topic: My Vanessa Covers  (Read 1658 times)

AlexanderLaska

My Vanessa Covers
« on: May 16, 2011, 04:03:25 pm »
 -
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 06:34:36 pm by AlexanderLaska »

fizzybubblespop

• Make me high on lullabies
  • http://i.imgur.com/saOJMlL.png
    • View Profile
Re: My Vanessa Covers
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 01:06:58 pm »
These covers are really nice :D But would you mind if I offered some constructive criticism? I've been taking vocal lessons for around 6 years and my mother is a piano teacher, so I'm just being nitpicky  ;)

You have very good pitch. I love how steady your voice is and you have a great sense of rhythm in your piano playing.

However, I don't feel enough emotion. Although I heard some dynamics in your piano playing, there wasn't much in your vocals. Try to "feel" the music, and lighten your voice when the song is quieter. For example, in 'Hands on Me' both the piano and your vocals should be growing up until the chorus, and lightening up for the next verse.

In terms of your overall vocal sound, you need to work on your vowels. I'm sure there are some good quick little lessons on them on youtube. In singing, the main vocal of the word should be the main sound of the word. Otherwise, it sounds less clean and a bit whiny. Let's use 'Carousel' as an example.  The word 'around' should not be sang as its said. It should be more like, aroooooouuuuu, then close it off with a quick nd. Make sense? :D

But overall, I really love your covers. I know you don't get to play the piano much, but you should definitely work on it when you can. I want to hear more!