Author Topic: whats your favorite culture other then your own :)  (Read 10536 times)

musicfan7079

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • Email
whats your favorite culture other then your own :)
« on: May 27, 2011, 07:21:20 am »
I love scottish culture.

I think the kilts, accents, music, and food are awesome, though im never trying haggis

what about you, what cultures do you like?

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: whats your favorite culture other then your own :)
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 07:36:13 am »
I feel drawn to old cultures like that and Irish.  I don't know much about any of them really though.  Most Pagan cultures I feel more connected with than others.
~Sara~

matchel

• Willing and Able to... Run
  • Magical thinking gets us by
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 05:04:46 pm »
UNITED KINGDOM.
and France. And more. I love Europe, though I'm only 15, have 5 siblings, and am unemployed. Looks like I won't get the chance to go there for a while...

OPENROAD

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 09:16:01 pm »
I love scottish culture.

I think the kilts, accents, music, and food are awesome, though im never trying haggis

what about you, what cultures do you like?

Haggis is really really nice,had it in Cardiff ,Wales very similar to the Irish dish white pudding, mainly eaten at breakfast as part of a full fry up.  :)
Never too late to change the pace
oh how the days creep up on you
but the goodness is something you don't have to chase
cause its following you

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 07:01:00 am »
Really interested in Japanese culture. Hope to one day visit there for a few weeks.

Sini

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, 02:50:03 pm »
Ancient Greece has always fascinated me. Also, I'm really into the UK, partly because of the language and the accent. France is amazing, too! Actually, I might say I find lots of cultures interesting. Maybe that's why I'm an Area and Cultural Studies major? :D
'cause i'm blind to all the good you see
and prefer a fine tragedy

beautydivine

• Your true colors shown
  • Thanks for everything, V
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2011, 04:45:00 pm »
Hands down the UK, France, and RUSSIA! I've had this obsession over the Russian culture, people,.. for quite some time. It's about time I venture off.

Manny

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2011, 09:38:46 pm »
UK! :) and Chinese

Serentic

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - serentic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2012, 10:09:22 am »
Japanese, Thai and Tibetan cultures have always interested me. Although I like Spanish culture a lot as well. C:

fizzybubblespop

• Make me high on lullabies
  • http://i.imgur.com/saOJMlL.png
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2012, 02:17:29 pm »
Indigenous cultures in general are fascinating. While Europe, Asia, and Africa all had a certain amount of connection, and therefore some similar ideas, many Indigenous beliefs and philosophies seem to come from a completely different world. They can be difficult to grasp, but that's half the fun.  ;)

barefootonbeaches

• Are the echoes coming back to you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2012, 07:28:16 pm »
I'm really interested in the Korean culture right now! :) It's probably from the dramas I've watched, lol.
I have a really cool The Fray gif that I would like to put here, but I don't know how. :(

fizzybubblespop

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2012, 08:02:17 pm »
I'm really interested in the Korean culture right now! :) It's probably from the dramas I've watched, lol.

I've seen some too! Any you'd recommend?

barefootonbeaches

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2012, 05:53:18 pm »
Well, in total, I have watched Brilliant Legacy/Shining Inheritance (I TOTALLY recommend this one, it's sooooo good), Spring Waltz (this one is a little slow, but it's okay and I like the music), My Girlfriend is a Gumiho, and now I'm watching Famous Princesses. I mostly watch the ones with Lee Seung Gi in them, ahaha, because I'm a big fan of him!!  ;D ;D Oh, and I'm looking forward to watching "King 2 Hearts" when it premieres in March.

Which ones have you watched? Yay! I'm glad I found another Nessaholic who likes dramas! :)
I have a really cool The Fray gif that I would like to put here, but I don't know how. :(

fizzybubblespop

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2012, 07:43:23 pm »
Well, in total, I have watched Brilliant Legacy/Shining Inheritance (I TOTALLY recommend this one, it's sooooo good), Spring Waltz (this one is a little slow, but it's okay and I like the music), My Girlfriend is a Gumiho, and now I'm watching Famous Princesses. I mostly watch the ones with Lee Seung Gi in them, ahaha, because I'm a big fan of him!!  ;D ;D Oh, and I'm looking forward to watching "King 2 Hearts" when it premieres in March.

Which ones have you watched? Yay! I'm glad I found another Nessaholic who likes dramas! :)

Never seen any of those, but I'll make sure to check them out! I'm seen You're Beautiful, Mary Stayed Out All Night, and some of Cinderella's Sister... I feel like there's one more, but it's slipping my mind at at the moment. I really enjoyed You're Beautiful, but the writers of Mary Stayed Out All Night didn't do a good job. :-\ Loved the cast though!

barefootonbeaches

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2012, 03:08:46 pm »

Never seen any of those, but I'll make sure to check them out! I'm seen You're Beautiful, Mary Stayed Out All Night, and some of Cinderella's Sister... I feel like there's one more, but it's slipping my mind at at the moment. I really enjoyed You're Beautiful, but the writers of Mary Stayed Out All Night didn't do a good job. :-\ Loved the cast though!

Oh, I've heard "You're Beautiful" is really good. The DVDs are at my nearby library, I'll put that one next on my list!