Author Topic: mature conversation  (Read 12740 times)

shinesobright07

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - kami_lynn713@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Re: mature conversation
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2011, 09:03:05 pm »
 I'm 17 years old and I have struggled with mental illness ever since I was 13. I was hospitalized for anorexia when I was 15, and I've been struggling with self harm issues ever since.
 I really do believe that everyone has something they're dealing with, but no one ever wants to talk about it. Basically everyone I know has some connection to some form of mental illness, but I think that society really has a problem with it.
 In general, what's the opinion on self harm, anyway? I do it as a way to cope with frustration, anger, sadness... and I've always been afraid to tell my parents and doctor about it, thinking they'll overreact and think I'm trying to kill myself. But that's not the case... It's just what I do to deal with things. I know it's not the healthiest way and I'm trying to get over it. But do you ever wonder about people? Like if they have inexplicable cuts/burns? I just assume everyone thinks like me... instantly suspicious, but only because it's what I always experience.

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2011, 11:44:12 pm »
I'm 17 years old and I have struggled with mental illness ever since I was 13. I was hospitalized for anorexia when I was 15, and I've been struggling with self harm issues ever since.
 I really do believe that everyone has something they're dealing with, but no one ever wants to talk about it. Basically everyone I know has some connection to some form of mental illness, but I think that society really has a problem with it.
 In general, what's the opinion on self harm, anyway? I do it as a way to cope with frustration, anger, sadness... and I've always been afraid to tell my parents and doctor about it, thinking they'll overreact and think I'm trying to kill myself. But that's not the case... It's just what I do to deal with things. I know it's not the healthiest way and I'm trying to get over it. But do you ever wonder about people? Like if they have inexplicable cuts/burns? I just assume everyone thinks like me... instantly suspicious, but only because it's what I always experience.

I'm sure you're right about everyone having some sort of issues.  However, cutting is not healthy, even though you don't plan to kill yourself.  I hope that you can get some help, even if it's not from your parents.  Maybe try to find someone you trust to tell and help you.  Someone who won't judge and just support you.  Maybe find a center of some sort that is in your area, or some sort of annoymous group of sorts.  Please get help! We need all the nessaholics we can get. hehe :)
~Sara~

matchel

• Willing and Able to... Run
  • Magical thinking gets us by
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2011, 08:24:15 pm »

I'm sure you're right about everyone having some sort of issues.  However, cutting is not healthy, even though you don't plan to kill yourself.  I hope that you can get some help, even if it's not from your parents.  Maybe try to find someone you trust to tell and help you.  Someone who won't judge and just support you.  Maybe find a center of some sort that is in your area, or some sort of annoymous group of sorts.  Please get help! We need all the nessaholics we can get. hehe :)

i just want to point out:
someone from my area just commited suicide from depression and bullying and if people don't approach their problems in a correct way then it can all turn out for the worse. but it's always easier said than done :( RIP Barbara. please hope the best for her family and friends.

shinesobright, even though i do not know, i will pray for you and send the best wishes. just remember that you are loved

barefootonbeaches

• Make me high on lullabies
  • Are the echoes coming back to you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2011, 11:33:24 pm »
Can I just say that I am so glad that someone made this thread? It's comforting to be able to relate to other people that I sort of know. Sarab, I've been writing my feelings down and it has helped somewhat, and I am going to counseling tomorrow, so hopefully I will learn to cope with whatever weird feelings I'm getting. We'll get through this, guys. I still don't know how to tell my friends what I'm feeling though. I don't want to bring them down with me.
I have a really cool The Fray gif that I would like to put here, but I don't know how. :(

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2011, 07:04:30 am »
Can I just say that I am so glad that someone made this thread? It's comforting to be able to relate to other people that I sort of know. Sarab, I've been writing my feelings down and it has helped somewhat, and I am going to counseling tomorrow, so hopefully I will learn to cope with whatever weird feelings I'm getting. We'll get through this, guys. I still don't know how to tell my friends what I'm feeling though. I don't want to bring them down with me.

that's so great!  I'm glad you are at least taking steps.  That's all you can do really, small steps.  There may be two forward and one back some times but keep it up.  I think you're fine in not telling your friends, but not because of what They will do, but because it's probably best for you.  Until you find that one person you can really trust and tell anything.  With that said, it might not be necessary for you to do so.   yay!
~Sara~

hands.on.me

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2013, 10:30:25 am »
I loved abilify, it helped me so much in my depression.