Author Topic: Hear The Bells  (Read 32077 times)

lilwizardman_gelo

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
Re: Hear The Bells
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2011, 09:36:59 pm »
The graveyard she refers to is in the Nolita Fairytale video! 2:36

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
this is insanity. it totally is!
~Our minds hold the chaos that started everything~

fizzybubblespop

• http://i.imgur.com/saOJMlL.png
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2011, 09:43:43 pm »
The graveyard she refers to is in the Nolita Fairytale video! 2:36

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
this is insanity. it totally is!

That is so cool!

AisforAdrn

• Your true colors shown
  • Boots on concrete...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2011, 10:28:27 pm »
I am soooo good. Haha
Peace
Adriann

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2011, 06:24:35 am »
In the video...

Did we just steal a glance through a keyhole in a brick wall's wooden door?

Ok, that was just a pun. But still, it is very cool to have H&T foreshadowing rabbits unconsciously.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2011, 02:10:59 pm »
this is so cool! and yeah, it looks like a keyhole!

beautydivine

• Your true colors shown
  • Thanks for everything, V
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2011, 06:39:27 am »
I might add.. The moaning/screaming woven in the chorus reminds me A LOT of the screams in 'She Floats'. Anybody else hear this, too?
 I'd say the most distinguishable difference is that the screams in HTB is softer, and echoey. They're more prominent in SHe Floats
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 06:42:45 am by pupmagic »

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2011, 04:55:27 pm »
http://www.pbase.com/hjsteed/image/54348597

same graveyard of the nolita fairytale video, i guess. these are pictures from soho and little italy so...
it's called "old st. patrick's church graveyard"

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2011, 08:36:46 pm »
I am SOOO obsessing over this song! Ever since I heard her play it live on Saturday its just DAMN. This song is just so effing haunting but so beautiful at the same time. Every time I play it I feel I uncover something new about it. It makes me want to sing/cry/listen/etc. Definitely the highest point on the album.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

sarab

• Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2011, 09:16:50 pm »

same graveyard of the nolita fairytale video, i guess. these are pictures from soho and little italy so...

she did say st patricks is her favorite church
~Sara~

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2011, 01:47:47 am »

Now, that is so cool.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2011, 05:53:16 am »

that is a really cool picture! I love the keyhole angle.  I don't think is "the graveyard on Elizabeth where no one ever goes" because that church is on the corner of prince and mulberry, near elizaebeth st. I took pictures of that church and there was no entry through the doors, I Think you'd have to go into the church to get into the graveyard.  who took these pics??

OMG, looking through those pics there was a dachshund day in nyc! lol I wonder if V went
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 05:57:14 am by sarab »
~Sara~

SunflowerLeah

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2011, 07:58:53 am »
I have a theory about the bells! Now I'm sure anything is possible, previous comments and opinion about the bells could be right as well. But I was thinking more and more about it lately.

She uses the words 'Witchdoctor' and talks about 'Gravestones', it reminded me of Wicca and as someone said before it could be Wicca-inspired. Well a lot of Wicca and in Pagan Religious, Bells are believed to drive away evil spirits. Also the sound is thought to keep villages safe from storms and other natural calamities, bells also purify the air, and was caught me is they cure illnesses, and cure them if potions were drunk from them. Sounds similar to "But the poison's running through you".

I don't know, just a thought. This song is so beautiful, it really is and I love it so much  :D

fizzybubblespop

• http://i.imgur.com/saOJMlL.png
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2011, 09:14:55 am »
I have a theory about the bells! Now I'm sure anything is possible, previous comments and opinion about the bells could be right as well. But I was thinking more and more about it lately.

She uses the words 'Witchdoctor' and talks about 'Gravestones', it reminded me of Wicca and as someone said before it could be Wicca-inspired. Well a lot of Wicca and in Pagan Religious, Bells are believed to drive away evil spirits. Also the sound is thought to keep villages safe from storms and other natural calamities, bells also purify the air, and was caught me is they cure illnesses, and cure them if potions were drunk from them. Sounds similar to "But the poison's running through you".

I don't know, just a thought. This song is so beautiful, it really is and I love it so much  :D

This is great. I love your insight to the song; it really gives more meaning behind the lyrics.

SunflowerLeah

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2011, 12:02:19 pm »

This is great. I love your insight to the song; it really gives more meaning behind the lyrics.

Thank you :) Whether or not it is Wicca-related is questionable, but is still a possibility. Now that I see the song that way, I can't imagine it being about anything else haha.

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2011, 12:09:46 pm »

Thank you :) Whether or not it is Wicca-related is questionable, but is still a possibility. Now that I see the song that way, I can't imagine it being about anything else haha.

exactly.  I feel that way about certain songs too!  I do like this insight as well.  Whether or not she is "officially" pagan or wiccan, a lot of her ideals jive with their philosphies.
~Sara~