Author Topic: In The End  (Read 24684 times)

Manny

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
Re: In The End
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2011, 10:25:33 am »

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile

Amy Alexandra

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • MSN Messenger - amy@willcoxcorvette.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2011, 12:41:02 pm »
It makes me of this thing I read about where you can have a deceased loved one's ashes turned into a diamond.

This:
http://www.lifegem.com/
Sort of strange in my opinion...but also sort of cool?

I listened to the version on Youtube, and I like it much more than I thought I would. I wouldn't mind being able to hear her voice more, but it's part of the song and I do like it! ;D

coyote_revolver

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2011, 01:01:18 pm »
HOLY CRAP

My life has come full circle...a Vanessa Carlton song on a Death Note AMV! it would've been perfect if the video had had good editing, LOL

And this exactly the "kind of Vanessa" that I love the most: dark, moody, ethereal, unnerving :')

Patricius

• Make me high on lullabies
  • Lo hice; se lo hizo. ¿Seré encontrado?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2011, 01:09:22 pm »
Her ode to Doves, huh? The song gives me the same vibe as "The Cedar Room," "Firesuite," and "The Man who Told Everything." Dark, creepy song...I like it though. :)
"The road is ahead of us, so let's start out today...The people and the friends that we have lost, or the dreams that have faded... Never forget them."

initially_yours

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
    • My official site
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2011, 01:29:15 pm »
Wow.  

I don't really know what to say.  Compare this to "A Thousand Miles" and the change in all those years is astounding.  Also, I can totally picture this playing in the background of a movie, so I have no doubt V would be an excellent composer. :)

Yes, it's really dark, gloomy, atmospheric and different than what we've heard but man, I can't stop listening to it.  Reminds me of Clint Mansell's "The Last Man" from The Fountain.  It's oddly reassuring at the same time, even though it's about, literally, the end.  

I know what you mean about reassuring!  The lyrics are about dying, but turning into diamonds -- I get a reincarnation vibe you know ? that we die but we can be reborn, or our spirits live on..that it really isn't the end. the end is just the beginning to something else, a new chapter, a new book.  so on one hand the album is ending darkly but gives new hope

That's interesting; I didn't interpret it that way.  I saw it as diamonds lasting forever ("diamonds are forever"), and thus, us lasting forever.  Since they're the hardest substance on earth, not to mention the fact that they're beautiful to many people, we become diamonds in the end, gone but lasting forever and that "it will be beautiful." 
Musician, filmmaker, writer: http://www.theaaronchan.com

WhiteRabbit

• Your true colors shown
  • 'Cause It's All White On White....
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2011, 02:56:34 pm »
oh god, thank you!! I actually really like the song. i didnt think i would like it very much from hearing the snippets but hearing the whole thing, its amazing! its so dark but wonderfull at the same time!
THANK YOU!  ;D

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2011, 04:04:43 pm »
Wow.  

I don't really know what to say.  Compare this to "A Thousand Miles" and the change in all those years is astounding.  Also, I can totally picture this playing in the background of a movie, so I have no doubt V would be an excellent composer. :)

Yes, it's really dark, gloomy, atmospheric and different than what we've heard but man, I can't stop listening to it.  Reminds me of Clint Mansell's "The Last Man" from The Fountain.  It's oddly reassuring at the same time, even though it's about, literally, the end.  

I know what you mean about reassuring!  The lyrics are about dying, but turning into diamonds -- I get a reincarnation vibe you know ? that we die but we can be reborn, or our spirits live on..that it really isn't the end. the end is just the beginning to something else, a new chapter, a new book.  so on one hand the album is ending darkly but gives new hope

That's interesting; I didn't interpret it that way.  I saw it as diamonds lasting forever ("diamonds are forever"), and thus, us lasting forever.  Since they're the hardest substance on earth, not to mention the fact that they're beautiful to many people, we become diamonds in the end, gone but lasting forever and that "it will be beautiful." 

Yes, I agree with what you say. I think we pretty much mean the same thing but in a different way. does that even make sense? lol
~Sara~

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2011, 04:35:34 pm »
a comforting point of view of death. that's what i get in this song.

sarab

• Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2011, 04:36:19 pm »
a comforting point of view of death. that's what i get in this song.
yes
~Sara~

AisforAdrn

• Your true colors shown
  • Boots on concrete...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2011, 10:37:33 am »
In tribute to Stephen Hawking, Carlton explains, "In the End," the final song on Rabbits on the Run, has the album "disintegrating back to nothing." The haunting track - with a prayer to her brother woven in, addressing the death of a friend - actually uses the music from another song, "Tall Tales for Spring," with the tape slowed down. It's a perfect end note to an emotional and creative journey that represents nothing less than the rebirth of an artist.

nice! Love this song, it grows on me each time I give it a listen.
Peace
Adriann

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2011, 05:21:20 pm »
In tribute to Stephen Hawking, Carlton explains, "In the End," the final song on Rabbits on the Run, has the album "disintegrating back to nothing." The haunting track - with a prayer to her brother woven in, addressing the death of a friend - actually uses the music from another song, "Tall Tales for Spring," with the tape slowed down. It's a perfect end note to an emotional and creative journey that represents nothing less than the rebirth of an artist.

nice! Love this song, it grows on me each time I give it a listen.

The same thing happens to me. It's simply haunting but surreal at the same time.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

NESSAussie

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - nessaussie@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mybiopro.com/AU/?ID=harmonium
« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2011, 09:51:01 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu01sEvqbD0
Lizikuri san hasn't even attempted to edit the length of the clip to match the length of the track. I wonder if the source was an analogue one  :-\ ???

Peace

Aaron

KULPDOGG

• View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2011, 04:31:24 am »
And in the end
Begin again
It's the way of all things
Your body's like
A wishing well
A million diamonds
Bones to dust
Bursting into a million diamonds
Carry on
In the end
And it will be beautiful

And in the end
Begin again
Your body's like
A wishing well
Of a million diamonds
Our bones to dust
Bursting into a million diamonds
They'll carry on
'Cause in the end
And it will be beautiful

-----

andddd p.s. I totally made a cover. lol!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihR1XTHk9JA
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 06:43:13 am by KULPDOGG »

Suicidalboobs

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 05, 2011, 01:57:45 pm »
This song is lush, beautiful, and extremely dark... but stunning. It's like a lavish nightmare. The piano is gorgeous and deep against the ominous strings. Lyrics do seem to surround the cycle of life and/or Reincarnation. Her vocals are so soft and they gave me this goose bump inducing vibe. Like James Maynard Keenan vibe (A Perfect Circle, Tool).