Author Topic: June 7th, 2011 Live Stream at 3:30pm ET  (Read 53169 times)

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
Re: June 7th, 2011 Live Stream at 3:30pm ET
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2011, 04:44:34 am »
when is the stationary coming out???

I can't think of which song would be called Moneymaker though..none of them have that word in it or seem to make sense..
Maybe it wasn't a tittle change, maybe it was it's own sung and she just took it off the album

that is what I'm thinking. 

But she said that 'twas going to be ten songs no matter what, so I think that there's a small chance that there are other songs aside from those in the album.

But maybe...... We'll never know.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

VaderDawsn

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2011, 06:47:42 am »
Some initial thoughts on Question topics:

-I've always wondered about the inspiration for the song 'Paradise'. I haven't ever heard this one performed live either that I can recall. I know this song's subject must be really personal.

-I really hope she does score for a movie at some point. A broadway show would be cool as well. What ever happened to the *Lord of the Rings* stuff she was dabbling in? EDIT: I meant Chronicles of Narnia not LOTR. Thanks Sobriquet!

-Are there any songs of hers that she would like to hear a specific artist cover?

-How does she know when a song is "done"?

-How often does she practice singing/playing?

-How does she memorize all of the songs she has written, so that she can perform them live? Does she ever sneak a peak at a lead sheet?

« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 07:05:57 am by VaderDawsn »
-Samantha

For me it's a glance
And a smile on your face
A touch of your hands
An honest embrace - VC, Home

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2011, 06:51:52 am »
I thought it was Narnia stuff, not Lord Of The Rings?

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

VaderDawsn

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2011, 07:04:59 am »
I thought it was Narnia stuff, not Lord Of The Rings?

Yes, I think you are correct. I have edited my post.
-Samantha

For me it's a glance
And a smile on your face
A touch of your hands

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2011, 07:06:57 am »
AHhh.... I thought she made one too for LOTR.

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2011, 07:59:56 am »
What made you decide to leave The Inc?
Were you happy with the level of promotion you received for 'Heroes & Thieves'?
Do you still keep in touch with Irv Gotti?
Why was 'Rabbits on the Run' pushed back three weeks before its original release date?
Do you plan on coming to England to perform?
What promotion (if any) have you got lined up for 'Rabbits on the Run'?
What songs are you feeling at the moment?
Do you still smoke weed?
What will be the next single from 'Rabbits on the Run'? If you're not sure, what would you LIKE to be the next single?
What are the chances of us hearing the studio versions to "All Is Well" and "Best Behavior"?
You claim that there were only going to be those 10 songs for 'Rabbits on the Run', yet a title you tweeted - "Moneymaker" - isn't on the tracklist. Care to clear that up?
Which artist(s) would you like to collaborate with?
What's your favourite food/drink?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 08:04:35 am by Martin. »

Arwen

• View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2011, 08:27:10 am »
I want to know if she would ever do another duet with someone, like Brandon Flowers. I think they would sound awesome together. Also, like someone else said, if she would ever do an album of just unreleased songs.

coyote_revolver

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2011, 10:39:01 am »
I want to know if she would ever do another duet with someone, like Brandon Flowers. I think they would sound awesome together. Also, like someone else said, if she would ever do an album of just unreleased songs.

A duet with Brandon?! that would be amazing  :o

And I would die if she released an album of b-sides! a lot of her unreleased songs are my faves from her LOL (like Morning Sting)

kaysha

• Administrator
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • ICQ Messenger - 996740
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katiakaysha
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chickey.org
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2011, 06:23:18 pm »
-I've always wondered about the inspiration for the song 'Paradise'. I haven't ever heard this one performed live either that I can recall. I know this song's subject must be really personal.

From a while ago when Holly asked her:

"The highlight of the show for me is when I got to ask my question, because I had been curious to what the answer was for a long time! I asked her what inspired her to write Paradise. She complimented me on my scarf in the middle of my question which was nice! And then she said something like she wrote it about a friend and it’s easier to write emotional stuff when it’s about someone else. I told her the song really helped me a lot. And she says she knows that a lot of people get attached to it. She doesn’t know why she’d never played it in concert, but she said she may resurrect it on the next tour!! Yay!! She played part of the intro, and I think she would have played the whole thing because she said “You want me to play it huh?” and I was like “Yes!!”, but Stephan cut her off and switched the topic to San Francisco."

I think you're right, i don't think she has ever played it live.
I <3 Nicole

We want the unicorns to live! - Vanessa Carlton

HearMyBells

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
  • So you can put your weapons down...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2011, 07:21:43 pm »
"You claim that there were only going to be those 10 songs for 'Rabbits on the Run', yet a title you tweeted - "Moneymaker" - isn't on the tracklist. Care to clear that up?"

YES. ;)

SilverIchor

• Make me high on lullabies
  • Who'd hear of brave deeds when he's ashamed of his
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2011, 07:23:42 pm »
Maybe Moneymaker was an instrumental with just background vocals that she later added lyrics to? Or maybe it is just unreleased. I'll go with the latter. Someone should definitely ask, though. I don't think I can make it to the stream.
"Sometimes, even strength has to bow down to wisdom" - Rick Riordan

VaderDawsn

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2011, 07:49:54 pm »

From a while ago when Holly asked her:

"The highlight of the show for me is when I got to ask my question, because I had been curious to what the answer was for a long time! I asked her what inspired her to write Paradise. She complimented me on my scarf in the middle of my question which was nice! And then she said something like she wrote it about a friend and it’s easier to write emotional stuff when it’s about someone else. I told her the song really helped me a lot. And she says she knows that a lot of people get attached to it. She doesn’t know why she’d never played it in concert, but she said she may resurrect it on the next tour!! Yay!! She played part of the intro, and I think she would have played the whole thing because she said “You want me to play it huh?” and I was like “Yes!!”, but Stephan cut her off and switched the topic to San Francisco."

I think you're right, i don't think she has ever played it live.

Thanks! I really hope she does perform it at some point. Also, I love watching her perform "Wanted" . It's like she's in a trance. It's one of my favorites songs (if not *the* favorite song).  When I saw her perform it live, it was like she was bearing her soul.
-Samantha

For me it's a glance
And a smile on your face
A touch of your hands

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2011, 08:29:59 pm »
guys i don't think she would answer questions about songs like paradise cuz it's like 10 years ago. she's releasing a new album. i think she'll pick the questions about rabbits on the run. but i'm definitely asking about "quail dude squaw" and "all is well" haha
i wanna ask too what happened to "moneymaker". i love this tittle, i hope this song doesn't go unheard :(
what about "when in rome" and "dance tonight"?

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2011, 03:47:59 am »
This'll take place at 3 in the morning, so I will be soundly sleeping by the time this takes place. If anyone would be so kind, please ask some of my questions. (:

Is it possible that she'll come back to Asia in the near future? (Please prioritize this, LOL)
What's the story behind The Marching Line?
Did she ever feel pressured to write a song like A Thousand Miles? Looking back, how does feel to that song now?

Please? (:

By the way, does anyone know if this is going to be viewable to countries outside the U.S.?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 03:50:28 am by [sobriquet] »

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2011, 03:58:10 am »
Another thing... Is it possible to record the live stream?