Author Topic: My One Year of My Journey to Recovery  (Read 3436 times)

Emmyspiano

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EmilyRMiller89
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/imaginationplayground
    • Email
My One Year of My Journey to Recovery
« on: June 03, 2011, 08:43:55 pm »
I don't post much on here..but I've been a member since 2004 and I was on the o-boards for a few years before that..anyway..

I feel the need to brag. Today, one year ago I became a patient at the Renfrew center (a center for eating disorders). I was at a very low weight and I was extremely sick. I was there for 47 days where I gained weight, worked on myself, forgave the past, and began a new life. June, especially today is bittersweet. I gave up an addiction, a "best friend", and comfort but I also gave up death, extreme depression, anorexia, bulimia, and the feeling of only existing. I've been sick for many years and I still struggle to this day but I am so thankful for the time I spent at the hospital, it changed my life. I don't want to sound corny but Vanessa's music honestly helped me through meals, snacks, crying and everything in between those days. Anyway, I felt the need to brag a bit. I know there are some other men/women on here who struggle with eating disorders, as I've seen some random mentioning of it but I want to say recovery is possible. I may not be there or even close yet but I know I'm much closer than I was a year ago. I put in a lot of hard work these past 12 months and I hope to move on from this.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 05:40:35 am by Emmyspiano »
And if you don't believe me just put your hands on me
I see the dalai lama, I feel him blessing me

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: My One Year of My Journey to Recovery
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 08:58:54 pm »
congratulations for all your hard work and beign well now.  I hope that it continues for you :)
~Sara~

WhiteRabbit

• Your true colors shown
  • 'Cause It's All White On White....
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 09:16:37 pm »
Congratulations!
I was anorexic when I was about one ip until I was three. I know that's no where near the same thing as yours but it still nearly killed me. I just, stopped eating cause we had moved around several times and I didn't know what to do. Really freaked my parents out.

I know recovery can be hard and tough and sometimes you might relapse a little but I am proud of you! I'm sure you'll be able to pull through all the way :) if you ever wanna talk you can always talk to me :)

Congratulations and good luck saying on the right path.

joey

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - josephherbert@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 09:59:32 pm »
Congratulations Emily! And YES!!! You DO have every right to BRAG!!!

"I see the Dalai Lama ... I feel him blessing me"

Myspace...Add me...

kaysha

• Administrator
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • ICQ Messenger - 996740
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katiakaysha
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chickey.org
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2011, 03:51:50 pm »
I don't post much on here..but I've been a member since 2004 and I was on the o-boards for a few years before that..anyway..

I feel the need to brag. Today, one year ago I became a patient at the Renfrew center (a center for eating disorders). I was at a very low weight and I was extremely sick. I was there for 47 days where I gained weight, worked on myself, forgave the past, and began a new life. June, especially today is bittersweet. I gave up an addiction, a "best friend", and comfort but I also gave up death, extreme depression, anorexia, bulimia, and the feeling of only existing. I've been sick for many years and I still struggle to this day but I am so thankful for the time I spent at the hospital, it changed my life. I don't want to sound corny but Vanessa's music honestly helped me through meals, snacks, crying and everything in between those days. Anyway, I felt the need to brag a bit. I know there are some other men/women on here who struggle with eating disorders, as I've seen some random mentioning of it but I want to say recovery is possible. I may not be there or even close yet but I know I'm much closer than I was a year ago. I put in a lot of hard work these past 12 months and I hope to move on from this.
I am so proud of you!  You have no idea... that is truly amazing.  You're so very strong to have tackled this!
I <3 Nicole

We want the unicorns to live! - Vanessa Carlton

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 01:57:30 am »

I am so proud of you!  You have no idea... that is truly amazing.  You're so very strong to have tackled this!

I'm happy for you. (: Glad you got through all of it and became stronger.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2011, 09:58:21 pm »
I don't remember talking with you all that much, but what an accomplishment and I hope you keep on the path to recovery. Congratulations and stay strong along the way.

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar