Author Topic: Is Vanessa going to be doing any TV or radio promo?  (Read 1515 times)

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
Is Vanessa going to be doing any TV or radio promo?
« on: June 04, 2011, 02:04:02 am »
I'm not really expecting answers, I just posted to see if I'm the only one thinking about this.

Like, it's June and we haven't heard anything about her doing any TV or radio promo. How are Vanessa/R&T going to promote this album? At least she went around a few radio stations before 'Heroes' dropped - she hasn't even been doing that with this new single/album. Surely they can't expect to rely on internet promo to sell the album? I'm getting slightly concerned. I mean, even though The Inc were awful, at least they tried to push her music with radio, TV appearances, etc. What have R&T been doing? They had her make a music video, uploaded it on Vevo and then ... that was that. I know they're not a major label, but still...shouldn't Vanessa be out there promoting right about now?

I'm just wondering how they plan to promote & sell this album.

joey

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - josephherbert@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Is Vanessa going to be doing any TV or radio promo?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 03:48:43 am »
Actually that's what I've been wondering... When H&T was released, I heard Nolita Fairytale both in Dubai and in Bangalore (India) as soon as it was released.

The marketing was better I think?

I even heard Hands on Me in Bangalore!!!

I have a feeling the delay has been done in order to promote the album better... This could be contradicting however if getting to the top of the album charts/top selling lists is not on the agenda for this album and it's just "for the music".

Though with the effort that has been put into this album, I do believe that this is at least a Grammy nom potential album. Though once again I also do believe that Grammy's are a complete sell-out as well.

Meh. Confused. Just throwing out all that's in my head out there!!!
"I see the Dalai Lama ... I feel him blessing me"

Myspace...Add me...

AlexanderLaska

Re: Is Vanessa going to be doing any TV or radio promo?
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 07:26:24 am »
Yeah, uyy, I'm not sure.  I really hope they put some time and effort into promoting this.  I mean, they had the Nolita Fairytale video playing in FYE at my mall, and hell, they put Hands On Me in Gossip Girl, a tv show I hate but you can't argue it was a good idea.  And they used Home in some NBC commercials... I mean as disappointed as many of us were in the promotion of the last album, I'm not hopeful that this one's going to be any better.  Like, sorry, but a couple of tweets doesn't equal real promotion.  Nor do a bunch of shows BEFORE the album even comes out.  Putting the video on Perez was a good start, though.  I mean yeah the guy's a twit, but he's a famous twit.