Author Topic: NBC Talk Stoop with Vanessa Carlton  (Read 10690 times)

SilverIchor

• Make me high on lullabies
  • Who'd hear of brave deeds when he's ashamed of his
    • View Profile
Re: NBC Talk Stoop with Vanessa Carlton
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2011, 05:51:03 pm »
Watership Down = Bible?

Pretty awesome XD

And I loved the part where she talked about coming out. That really made me love her even more. The way she respected her audience, felt their pain, and eased it, was just awesome.
"Sometimes, even strength has to bow down to wisdom" - Rick Riordan

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2011, 05:57:32 pm »
Great interview, thanks so much for sharing!  I love how chilled-out she is, and the interviewer was nice and energetic.  The dog was hilarious XD

Was that Ari on guitar?  He is... quite handsome haha (I saw him at Ann Taylor and thought the same thing XD)

The part where she talks about sharing their pain at Nashville Pride... I LOVE that.  SO much.

Hahahahahaha! I felt like they have chemistry. LOL. But maybe they won't marry. Hahaahahahhhhaha (ok, i'll stop now)

And yes, there was something in her eyes during the Nashville pride. Like wisdom. Or sadness. Or pain. I cannot really know.

But there's something beautiful in there too. And I can now really tell that V is a good and great person through and through.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

AlexanderLaska

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2011, 07:28:58 pm »
Great interview, thanks so much for sharing!  I love how chilled-out she is, and the interviewer was nice and energetic.  The dog was hilarious XD

Was that Ari on guitar?  He is... quite handsome haha (I saw him at Ann Taylor and thought the same thing XD)

The part where she talks about sharing their pain at Nashville Pride... I LOVE that.  SO much.

Hahahahahaha! I felt like they have chemistry. LOL. But maybe they won't marry. Hahaahahahhhhaha (ok, i'll stop now)

And yes, there was something in her eyes during the Nashville pride. Like wisdom. Or sadness. Or pain. I cannot really know.

But there's something beautiful in there too. And I can now really tell that V is a good and great person through and through.

Totally.  I mean, I always respected her as an artist, but as a gay man, hearing what she said about her decision to come out as Pride and share in that experience with them... that made me respect her as a person, as well (gosh I'm so tacky!)

blueglove

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2011, 07:35:12 pm »
what is a wmv  ;D
Peace
-S

bumblebee429

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2011, 05:18:24 am »
Totally.  I mean, I always respected her as an artist, but as a gay man, hearing what she said about her decision to come out as Pride and share in that experience with them... that made me respect her as a person, as well (gosh I'm so tacky!)

Not tacky at all :)
I respect her intelligence, I respect her modesty, I respect the "curiosity" she speaks of in this interview. You can really tell that she is always pushing her own boundaries in so many ways, and has a passion for learning and discovering knew things. Most of the things she's said lately have been so insightful, it's inspiring.

Sarah xx

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2011, 06:44:31 am »

I respect her intelligence, I respect her modesty, I respect the "curiosity" she speaks of in this interview. You can really tell that she is always pushing her own boundaries in so many ways, and has a passion for learning and discovering knew things. Most of the things she's said lately have been so insightful, it's inspiring.

Sarah xx

I agree with this.

Has anyone noticed that there's something different to V's aura? She's like lighter in some way. You can see that she's... happy.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

VCarltonNet

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2011, 08:37:37 am »
I agree looking at Vanessa now her aura/color has changed...it's quite astounding actually...

eclv

• Moderators
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2011, 09:11:47 am »
I agree looking at Vanessa now her aura/color has changed...it's quite astounding actually...

This is the change that Katia talked about and the Vanessa that we know and have known.

AisforAdrn

• Your true colors shown
  • Boots on concrete...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2011, 09:28:56 am »
Back to Ari.....he sort of looks like Bradley Cooper...except not. Haha and he's an amazing guitar player!
Peace
Adriann

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2011, 01:23:46 pm »
It was a very cool interview, although a little too short. I wish they would have played the whole songs instead of tiny clips here and there. But that's good exposure for our Vanessa so yay! :)
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

AlexanderLaska

« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2011, 02:33:36 pm »

Sarah xx

I agree with this.

Has anyone noticed that there's something different to V's aura? She's like lighter in some way. You can see that she's... happy.

This.  All of this.

To me, it seems like she's a lot more comfortable in her own skin, or something.  Like, she's doing her thing now, she's not trying to impress anybody at a label or anywhere else.  Like, this is her product and she is 100% comfortable with it.  idk, it's hard to articulate.  But the way she was laughing and joking around during the livestream, I can't imagine her doing that so openly a few years ago.

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2011, 04:07:45 pm »

Sarah xx

I agree with this.

This.  All of this.

To me, it seems like she's a lot more comfortable in her own skin, or something.  Like, she's doing her thing now, she's not trying to impress anybody at a label or anywhere else.  Like, this is her product and she is 100% comfortable with it.  idk, it's hard to articulate.  But the way she was laughing and joking around during the livestream, I can't imagine her doing that so openly a few years ago.

I am really happy for her, you know! (:

I feel like the light is finally shining in for her. I'm glad that she really took KT's advise. And I'm glad that KT advised to let the light in.

I'm excited what V will have in the future. I fell like she's going to do better and better. ;D

bumblebee429

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2011, 07:21:08 pm »
I am really happy for her, you know! (:

I feel like the light is finally shining in for her. I'm glad that she really took KT's advise. And I'm glad that KT advised to let the light in.

I'm excited what V will have in the future. I fell like she's going to do better and better. ;D
THIS
She seems so... happy. So glad to be alive. And for that, I am happy for her.

Sarah xx

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2012, 07:22:02 am »
Is it possible to contact somebody and ask for a copy of the entire Carousel with just the guitar? Dang, it's just so different and beautiful with the acoustic guitar.