Author Topic: 6/26/2011: Joe's Pub - New York, NY (review)  (Read 19201 times)

kaysha

• Administrator
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • ICQ Messenger - 996740
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katiakaysha
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chickey.org
    • Email
Re: 6/26/2011: Joe's Pub - New York, NY (review)
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2011, 09:53:29 pm »
Oh, and Julia Stiles was there!
what what????

ps everyone.. SaraB will always be known as sarab :). sah-rab!!! :)

Yeah, I saw her after the show! She was on one of the red couches in the middle, on your side of the room actually! Right by the entrance. It was really nice meeting you and everyone else! Sorry if I was awkward or if I rambled, I do that when I'm nervous. Unfortunately, I didn't get to meet Sara B.!
rambled?  you hardly said two words!!!  lol. :)
I <3 Nicole

We want the unicorns to live! - Vanessa Carlton

nosticker

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - DanTVFish
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2011, 09:55:51 pm »
Dang it, no Julia Stiles....no chance to ask her a Dexter question.  Other people here will do better than I at reviewing, but terrific show.  9 years on, ATM played on a Rhodes keyboard still moves me, as does Half A Week.  New songs sound awesome.

Great to see Nicole(Hanson Girl), Kulpy, BWilli, Sara, Nicole(back from LA!!), Let, and anyone else I've forgotten.

Katia...are we officially changing the name of our group?

Dan/NS

kaysha

• Administrator
    • ICQ Messenger - 996740
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katiakaysha
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chickey.org
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2011, 10:48:30 pm »

Dan/NS
hell to the yah!  the nessholes will rule!!!!  ;)
I <3 Nicole

We want the unicorns to live! - Vanessa Carlton

Weisz

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2011, 11:01:41 pm »

Dan/NS
hell to the yah!  the nessholes will rule!!!!  ;)

does that sound like nessaholes? lol
It's just me....and a drum. brmbrmbrmbrmbrbbrbrbrmmm

Still stars through a window, will they ever know this madness, madness of the

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2011, 01:56:31 am »
Great night! Vanessa was amazing, as were Skye and Ari. Some people in the back clapped during 'Carousel' (I think it was Kulp and Ghisy). I was too shy to approach any NESSAholics. Katia spotted me though and said hello; she was super sweet! I also spoke to fish_for_stars after the show as well. And Ari, who is the sweetest guy EVER. I got a picture with him! Unfortunately, a staff member said that Vanessa had left the building, so I went home. I saw a bunch of other people still waiting outside, so maybe she came back out later. Waiting on word from the rest of the people that went! :(

It's awesome to hear that both Ari and Skye were there! which song did she do for an Encore?

She did 'The Marching Line'! It was beautiful. And yes, they were both there. I got there around 4PM and I caught Skye biking up to the venue and parking his bike up by the entrance before going in. Also, the bathroom was right next to the backstage area and the entrance to the bathroom had no door, so you can basically see the backstrage area down the hall (behind the curtain). I saw Skye sitting there warming up. Also when I went in, Ari was by the bar. After the show was over, he came out and sat with the NESSAholics and chatted. He's awesome.

That's so cool. To just ride a bike to where you're gonna perform?

I want to be a New Yorker even just for a week.

I forgot to mention how adorable her and Ari were. I filmed most of the songs on my iPhone and was just playing them back - I noticed that she often steals glances at Ari and kind of smiles to herself every time she looks at him (which was A LOT of the time). Also, on the songs didn't require guitar, Ari would just sit there and stare at her with a smile on his face. It was cute.

I knew it. The moment I saw her and Ari in TalkStoop, I knew it. There was just chemistry.

Thanks for all the info guys. (: I hope the videos would be up soon.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2011, 04:12:39 am »
Oh, and Julia Stiles was there!
what what????

ps everyone.. SaraB will always be known as sarab :). sah-rab!!! :)

Yeah, I saw her after the show! She was on one of the red couches in the middle, on your side of the room actually! Right by the entrance. It was really nice meeting you and everyone else! Sorry if I was awkward or if I rambled, I do that when I'm nervous. Unfortunately, I didn't get to meet Sara B.!
Sara B is the bomb diggity!

we need to spend some quality time with the Saba Yo!!

:)

awww shucks, thanx though I wasn't much fun! When I left I thought I was going to throw up (hence, that's why I left) 
I was sitting with Kulp and Bwili and we clapped. 
I think her and Ari are an item of sorts (was this already confirmed and I'm totally behind the times?) ah well.  He's cute, I'm glad he cut his hair, he looks a lot better with it short!
Skye totally rocked it last night, he puts the performances over the edge for me.  Nolita Fairytale was the best I've heard, in my opinion.
~Sara~

beatriz

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2011, 05:49:53 am »
Damn! The whole concert was live streamed and we missed it. Livestream.com posted in V's wall on facebook.
We can still watch the full replay of the concert, which is awesome because the quality is excelent!

http://www.livestream.com/joespub

VaderDawsn

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2011, 05:51:39 am »
Damn! The whole concert was live streamed and we missed it. Livestream.com posted in V's wall on facebook.
We can still watch the full replay of the concert, which is awesome because the quality is excelent!

http://www.livestream.com/joespub

Wow! That's so cool that it was LiveStreamed by Joe's Pub! Too bad, no one knew this in advance! FYI - It looks like tonight's concert may be streamed as well or they just have an advertisement for tonight's show that links to last night's show..
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 06:04:48 am by VaderDawsn »
-Samantha

For me it's a glance
And a smile on your face
A touch of your hands
An honest embrace - VC, Home

maag

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2011, 06:26:31 am »
Isn't it possible to capture yesterday's concert? The videos in that web never work for me  :-\.

Martin.

• Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2011, 06:26:57 am »
Why did no one mention this?! By "no one", I mean V's management, V or label?! Ugh.

*Watching now*

:D

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2011, 06:31:35 am »
I had so much fun last night and it was so great to finally meet some NESSAholics! I still need to meet Katia, Sarab, and Saba though!  I took a lot of pics and videos which I'll upload when I get back home Tuesday night. And I had no idea that Julia Stiles was there! I talked to Ari at the bar after too and got a pic with him. He was very sweet. See you guys there tonight!

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2011, 06:33:22 am »
I had so much fun last night and it was so great to finally meet some NESSAholics! I still need to meet Katia, Sarab, and Saba though!  I took a lot of pics and videos which I'll upload when I get back home Tuesday night. And I had no idea that Julia Stiles was there! I talked to Ari at the bar after too and got a pic with him. He was very sweet. See you guys there tonight!

I will be there tonight as well, so we can meet.  I will be with the others I'm sure because I have attached myself to them whether they like it or not :)  I will be wearing jeans, a white T shirt and a purple scarf tonight.
~Sara~

Martin.

• Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2011, 07:30:24 am »
From watching this show, one thing I have noticed is she doesn't really interact with the audience like she used to do. There'll just be a sentence from her before she plays the song.

I love the way she played "Nolita Fairytale" on the Rhodes. Her little mistakes are funny. Oh, "HAWBTW" = <3

Pushglow

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2011, 07:45:52 am »
Isn't it possible to capture yesterday's concert? The videos in that web never work for me  :-\.

http://www.mediafire.com/?pg60gatp9phqktr
I don't know where the part 1 is, I can't find it. And by the way, are you going to update the sheets thread soon?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 07:50:44 am by Pushglow »

nosticker

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - DanTVFish
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2011, 09:28:55 am »
Why did no one mention this?! By "no one", I mean V's management, V or label?! Ugh.

Welcome to the world of being a Vanessa fan.  If I had a dime for every "Surprise! You Missed It Cause Nobody Said Sh** To Us Die-Hard Fans" moment over the last 9 years, I'd have a new car.  It's unrealistic to think it will ever change, so I kinda grin and bear it.

Dan/NS