Author Topic: 6/27/2011: Joe's Pub - New York, NY (review)  (Read 12830 times)

OPENROAD

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
Re: 6/27/2011: Joe's Pub - New York, NY (review)
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2011, 04:55:37 pm »
wow that was brilliant  :)
Never too late to change the pace
oh how the days creep up on you
but the goodness is something you don't have to chase
cause its following you

Weisz

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2011, 05:20:21 pm »
The show is available on LiveStream http://livestre.am/QnuU

Here's the download too: http://www.mediafire.com/?9l1ro7y97yd5da3

;D
It's just me....and a drum. brmbrmbrmbrmbrbbrbrbrmmm

Still stars through a window, will they ever know this madness, madness of the

bumblebee429

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2011, 05:37:35 pm »

Here's the download too: http://www.mediafire.com/?9l1ro7y97yd5da3

;D

Is this the whole concert?? Downloading now :)

Sarah xx

lydia

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2011, 06:04:03 pm »
That was a great show!  I'm so glad I got to watch it on Livestream!
I love the guy who shouted DO ANNIE!!
I was so excited that she was going to play it...but then she didn't.

OPENROAD

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2011, 06:05:20 pm »
That was a great show!  I'm so glad I got to watch it on Livestream!
I love the guy who shouted DO ANNIE!!
I was so excited that she was going to play it...but then she didn't.

So did I , especially as she played the intro  ;D
cause its following you

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2011, 06:36:13 pm »
Annie riff was awesome, that's my favorite part of the song really.  Of course, none of us at our table had our recording devices out because we were just taking it all in, or at least I was.  I think Saba may have got it though? Nice job putting your family in charge of recording by the way, that way you could enjoy! lol. I noticed more enunciation again tonight.  The label people were there (they may have been last night too, I'm not sure).
She came out of the "will call" entrance of the venue very shortly after the show.  She said she had a friend with her so she was leaving quickly but stopped to take a picture with me and with another person (Leo!)  She was VERY nice and VERY polite, even when I tried to stop her because I thought she was leaving she said "just hold on one second"  I felt very ashamed and rude but not because she was mean, just my own embarssment.  When she came back, she was very nice.  I gave her my envelope with the [crappy] essay about Carousel, with a V pin on the front and she said aww how nice a v pin. then asked me my name because I was so nervous (and after being embarassed) I didn't tell her.  So even though she was tired, had a friend with her (or that she had to pick up? something along those lines) she STILL stopped said hi, took pics and was very nice.  very exciting and nerve racking, I thought my heart would pound out of my chest, into my throat and out my mouth only then to stain her pretty dress. All IS Well tonight!
~Sara~

OPENROAD

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2011, 06:46:19 pm »
Annie riff was awesome, that's my favorite part of the song really.  Of course, none of us at our table had our recording devices out because we were just taking it all in, or at least I was.  I think Saba may have got it though? Nice job putting your family in charge of recording by the way, that way you could enjoy! lol. I noticed more enunciation again tonight.  The label people were there (they may have been last night too, I'm not sure).
She came out of the "will call" entrance of the venue very shortly after the show.  She said she had a friend with her so she was leaving quickly but stopped to take a picture with me and with another person (Leo!)  She was VERY nice and VERY polite, even when I tried to stop her because I thought she was leaving she said "just hold on one second"  I felt very ashamed and rude but not because she was mean, just my own embarssment.  When she came back, she was very nice.  I gave her my envelope with the [crappy] essay about Carousel, with a V pin on the front and she said aww how nice a v pin. then asked me my name because I was so nervous (and after being embarassed) I didn't tell her.  So even though she was tired, had a friend with her (or that she had to pick up? something along those lines) she STILL stopped said hi, took pics and was very nice.  very exciting and nerve racking, I thought my heart would pound out of my chest, into my throat and out my mouth only then to stain her pretty dress. All IS Well tonight!

Hey Sara, that is brilliant, glad you got to give your essay to her, hey am sure it was very good, don't sell yourself short  ;) amazing photo with her also  :) We were looking out for you all on the live stream, but the camera didn't really turn to the crowd. Really thought she was going to play all of Annie  :)
cause its following you

BWilli

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2011, 07:11:51 pm »
Tonights show was great.  Once again great to see everyone and meet some new people :)

No pics, but I got video of Heroes and Thieves.

VaderDawsn

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2011, 07:19:53 pm »
Great show tonight!  Before the show when I went to try to pick up my will call tickets, VC was standing right there with Victor and Mark was by the door. I was kind of stunned for a moment, I smiled and then walked for the door to the lobby. Of course when I went to the Will call window, they had just moved all the tickets to the Pub entrance, so I went back to that line.

I love love loved *Heroes and Thieves* this evening.  *The Marching line* made me tear up a little bit.

My friend snagged Ari's typed setlist after the show as they were cleaning up the stage.  I'll scan it and post it tomorrow.
Also, I was able to buy a poster.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 07:29:11 pm by VaderDawsn »
-Samantha

For me it's a glance
And a smile on your face
A touch of your hands
An honest embrace - VC, Home

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2011, 07:29:20 pm »
Gonna watch this show after I finish work, but I'm everyone who went had a good time. Sounds like a good show.

And "Annie"?! Come on Ness, play them old songs!

Byoungforever

• All I hear is the music....
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2011, 07:34:05 pm »

So glad you got to give it to her Sara!!!! :) btw... how long did it take her to come out? :)
All I hear is the music.... and beauty stands... before me... and love comes back... around again, it's a carousel my friend.... :)

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2011, 07:42:18 pm »

So glad you got to give it to her Sara!!!! :) btw... how long did it take her to come out? :)

maybe a half 20-30 minutes.  I had time to wait in a gigantic bathroom line, then talk a few minutes with some peeps, then waited a little bit inside.  Didn't seem very long at all.
~Sara~

Byoungforever

• All I hear is the music....
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2011, 07:45:04 pm »

maybe a half 20-30 minutes.  I had time to wait in a gigantic bathroom line, then talk a few minutes with some peeps, then waited a little bit inside.  Didn't seem very long at all.

yesyesyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! one time where it took forever for her to come out, and two more that were short!!!!!!!!!!!! I may get to meet her!!!!! :)
All I hear is the music.... and beauty stands... before me... and love comes back... around again, it's a carousel my friend.... :)

me and my piano---tim

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2011, 08:18:07 pm »

Hey Sara, that is brilliant, glad you got to give your essay to her, hey am sure it was very good, don't sell yourself short  ;) amazing photo with her also  :) We were looking out for you all on the live stream, but the camera didn't really turn to the crowd. Really thought she was going to play all of Annie  :)

I loved how she said she "forgot" the rest of Annie. Maybe she'll "remember" and play it Wednesday?

me and my piano---tim

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2011, 08:41:53 pm »
Best.night.ever. [2]