Author Topic: 6/27/2011: Joe's Pub - New York, NY (review)  (Read 12773 times)

OPENROAD

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
Re: 6/27/2011: Joe's Pub - New York, NY (review)
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2011, 09:13:19 pm »
Wow, okay.

Best.night.ever.

She didn't make ANY mistakes today, and she played the intro to 'Annie' - beautifully, I might add.

I brought my little sister with me to the show; she's ten and over the years I've moulded her into a little NESSAholic. She knows almost all the lyrics and idolizes Vanessa! (I'm so proud! :D)

Anyway. Surprisingly, I hadn't even asked her to record  anything, it was her choice! (Of course, I took all the recordings! SCORE.) Anyway, my sister didn't get a chance to record last night, because her phone died, and she was really sad when we got back to the hotel, so that's mainly why I brought her with me again today - and thank God I did! You'll see why later.

Anyway, our table was right at the side of the stage, in front of Ari. My sister positioned herself RIGHT behind Ari so she could get a clear view of Vanessa for recording. ANYWAY. The show started and she was recording and singing along the entire time. Vanessa looked right at the camera multiple times, which was cool! I think it's 'cause my sister was behind Ari and she'd look Ari's way a lot.

After the show, I went up to Brian and asked what the plan was for meeting Vanessa. He said to go to the lobby. We waited inside a bit, then we went outside and Katia asked the security guard if Vanessa would be coming out. Then a lady standing with the rest of the NESSAholics (I think she came with Let) was nice enough to tell me to go into the lobby and wait there because that's where Vanessa would be coming out from. So I went in with my little sister. It was empty and a security guard said to just hang around and wait. I sat on a chair outside this room. I peeked in and saw Skye. A few seconds later, I saw Vanessa. When I read the sign on the door, it said "Joe's Pub Dressing Room."

Kulp, Sarab, Brian, Ghisy and a few others came in later and I told them Vanessa was in there. Brian said we shouldn't peek so I sat on the opposite side of the chairs outside the dressing, but my sister sat there and was re-watching the videos she recorded. The rest of the NESSAholics were a few feet behind, chatting. A few minutes later, a blonde lady came out and went up to my sister. She asked her if she recorded the entire show, and my sister said she had. She then said that she noticed she was singing along to all the songs and asked if she was a fan. My sister said she was and the lady asked if she had relatives with her. She pointed to me and said, "Yes, that's my sister and we're both big fans." The lady asked my sister if she was waiting to see Vanessa and she said she was. She then said, "You've never met her before?!" and my sister said that she hadn't, then the woman went, "Wait here." She then went in, and I went up to my sister and asked what was going on. A second later the woman came out and went, "Here she is!" and Vanessa was right behind her! The woman pointed to us and said, "Here they are, Vanessa! These are your little fans." (Don't know why she called me little. :/ Maybe it's because I'm short?) Anyway, Vanessa came up to us and touched the shoulder of my jacket (it had some studs on it) and went, "This is cute." She then looked at us and went, "You guys are adorable!" I said thank you and she then asked for our names, then where we from. I said Kuwait and she said, "Wow. That's amazing." (I'm assuming she meant because that's on the other side of the world, not to mention very random, lol.) She then asked how long we were in the city for, and I said 'til the 31st of July, and she went, "That's great!" I told her we were coming to Wednesday's show as well and she went, "Aww, thank you." We took pictures, I shook her hand then she said it was nice to meet us and added "See you on Wednesday." We thanked the lady that brought Vanessa out for us and left.

I'm still in shock. Sorry for the super long post, but I had to tell this story in detail in order to properly illustrate how beyond sweet she was. I'd always hear stories about how awkward/shy she is in real life, and was really worried and nervous about meeting her, but she was insanely sweet and super polite.

Oh, and I got a copy of the setlist from the stage after the show. I think it was either Skye's or Ari's - I believe Ghisy was lucky enough to snag Vanessa's!

That's about it, really! Katia introduced me to all the NESSAholics before the show, which I think I forgot to thank her for - thank you, Katia! :) It was great meeting everyone, I had a blast. Nine years of waiting to meet Vanessa and it's finally happened!

Wow that is amazing  :)
Never too late to change the pace
oh how the days creep up on you
but the goodness is something you don't have to chase
cause its following you

eclv

• Moderators
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2011, 10:34:24 pm »
Another wonderful show. One of my singer/songwriter friends joined me so that was really cool.

Big thanks to Katia for putting out the word to have V come say hi to folks. So glad you all got to meet her. V is awesome.

More ups to Katia for getting the poster thing worked out. And to the SB, Mark for always helping us out.

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2011, 01:29:33 am »
Lucky girl, I tell you.

And your little sister being a nessaholic (at ten!) made me smile. (: 

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

Weisz

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2011, 02:27:41 am »
that was awesome Saba :D
It's just me....and a drum. brmbrmbrmbrmbrbbrbrbrmmm

Still stars through a window, will they ever know this madness, madness of the

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2011, 02:34:04 am »
Watching the livestream now.

I hope she learns "Annie" - those few seconds warmed my heart.

She sounds sooo good on "Fools Like Me" and "Get Good".

Ari was playing the intro to "London" a bit fast, lol.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 02:37:55 am by Martin. »

Rekky

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2011, 04:26:17 am »
I was on the livestream too, it was amazing. She was a bad girl playing only the intro of Annie but anyway all the songs were amazing. Better than studio versions. Now I know that I want to see her to see live, face to face, at least, once in my life.

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2011, 02:43:16 pm »
Wow, okay.

Best.night.ever.

She didn't make ANY mistakes today, and she played the intro to 'Annie' - beautifully, I might add.

I brought my little sister with me to the show; she's ten and over the years I've moulded her into a little NESSAholic. She knows almost all the lyrics and idolizes Vanessa! (I'm so proud! :D)

Anyway. Surprisingly, I hadn't even asked her to record  anything, it was her choice! (Of course, I took all the recordings! SCORE.) Anyway, my sister didn't get a chance to record last night, because her phone died, and she was really sad when we got back to the hotel, so that's mainly why I brought her with me again today - and thank God I did! You'll see why later.

Anyway, our table was right at the side of the stage, in front of Ari. My sister positioned herself RIGHT behind Ari so she could get a clear view of Vanessa for recording. ANYWAY. The show started and she was recording and singing along the entire time. Vanessa looked right at the camera multiple times, which was cool! I think it's 'cause my sister was behind Ari and she'd look Ari's way a lot.

After the show, I went up to Brian and asked what the plan was for meeting Vanessa. He said to go to the lobby. We waited inside a bit, then we went outside and Katia asked the security guard if Vanessa would be coming out. Then a lady standing with the rest of the NESSAholics (I think she came with Let) was nice enough to tell me to go into the lobby and wait there because that's where Vanessa would be coming out from. So I went in with my little sister. It was empty and a security guard said to just hang around and wait. I sat on a chair outside this room. I peeked in and saw Skye. A few seconds later, I saw Vanessa. When I read the sign on the door, it said "Joe's Pub Dressing Room."

Kulp, Sarab, Brian, Ghisy and a few others came in later and I told them Vanessa was in there. Brian said we shouldn't peek so I sat on the opposite side of the chairs outside the dressing, but my sister sat there and was re-watching the videos she recorded. The rest of the NESSAholics were a few feet behind, chatting. A few minutes later, a blonde lady came out and went up to my sister. She asked her if she recorded the entire show, and my sister said she had. She then said that she noticed she was singing along to all the songs and asked if she was a fan. My sister said she was and the lady asked if she had relatives with her. She pointed to me and said, "Yes, that's my sister and we're both big fans." The lady asked my sister if she was waiting to see Vanessa and she said she was. She then said, "You've never met her before?!" and my sister said that she hadn't, then the woman went, "Wait here." She then went in, and I went up to my sister and asked what was going on. A second later the woman came out and went, "Here she is!" and Vanessa was right behind her! The woman pointed to us and said, "Here they are, Vanessa! These are your little fans." (Don't know why she called me little. :/ Maybe it's because I'm short?) Anyway, Vanessa came up to us and touched the shoulder of my jacket (it had some studs on it) and went, "This is cute." She then looked at us and went, "You guys are adorable!" I said thank you and she then asked for our names, then where we from. I said Kuwait and she said, "Wow. That's amazing." (I'm assuming she meant because that's on the other side of the world, not to mention very random, lol.) She then asked how long we were in the city for, and I said 'til the 31st of July, and she went, "That's great!" I told her we were coming to Wednesday's show as well and she went, "Aww, thank you." We took pictures, I shook her hand then she said it was nice to meet us and added "See you on Wednesday." We thanked the lady that brought Vanessa out for us and left.

I'm still in shock. Sorry for the super long post, but I had to tell this story in detail in order to properly illustrate how beyond sweet she was. I'd always hear stories about how awkward/shy she is in real life, and was really worried and nervous about meeting her, but she was insanely sweet and super polite.

Oh, and I got a copy of the setlist from the stage after the show. I think it was either Skye's or Ari's - I believe Ghisy was lucky enough to snag Vanessa's!

That's about it, really! Katia introduced me to all the NESSAholics before the show, which I think I forgot to thank her for - thank you, Katia! :) It was great meeting everyone, I had a blast. Nine years of waiting to meet Vanessa and it's finally happened!

wow! that's such a beautiful story of fan meeting idol :) lucky you.
such a great night you guys had. how i wish i live in the USA... haha

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2011, 07:46:24 pm »
and it was really nice of her that she played the annie riff when people asked her to. :)
love her so much.

the marching line was amazing, even ari played a little in the bridge.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 08:13:19 pm by Fred_Saboya »

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2011, 04:46:43 am »
It was an amazing show and it was so lovely to meet all of you! I am extremely bummed we had to leave right after and I didn't get to stay and meet her. There's always next time, I suppose. I loved hearing your stories though of meeting her!

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2011, 10:44:07 am »
I've started to upload a couple videos from this show. My mom was nice enough to record them for me. Here's Bride:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy1sF3XdGIc

Nolita Fairytale (on Rhodes):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOHfCNSNHss
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 03:07:53 pm by Arwen »