Author Topic: 'Rabbits on the Run’ is being tipped to be one of the albums of the year  (Read 4691 times)

VaderDawsn

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
-Samantha

For me it's a glance
And a smile on your face
A touch of your hands
An honest embrace - VC, Home

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
that would be great.  When I watched the grammy's or some music awards show this past feb, a woman won who I had never heard of (because I'm out of touch with what's popular?) but I suppose it could be like that for Vanessa!
~Sara~

Byoungforever

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
  • All I hear is the music....
    • View Profile
Hmmm...... I think that they are just using one of those expressions.... but you never know.... :) I still don't get what she means by she changed the way she made music..... :/
All I hear is the music.... and beauty stands... before me... and love comes back... around again, it's a carousel my friend.... :)

sarab

• Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hmmm...... I think that they are just using one of those expressions.... but you never know.... :) I still don't get what she means by she changed the way she made music..... :/

It makes me think she is referring the fact that for the other albums there was so much outside noise and influence that it got in the way of her true vision for that music.  I think she also referred to not being disciplined in writing -- like setting aside time, and just writing diligently in general.  She referred that that book that I can't remember what it's called, by a lady who's name I can't remember but the book was about how to approach writing -- scheduling time and the such, as well as letting it happen organically when something inspires you to write.
~Sara~

lilwizardman_gelo

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email

It makes me think she is referring the fact that for the other albums there was so much outside noise and influence that it got in the way of her true vision for that music.  I think she also referred to not being disciplined in writing -- like setting aside time, and just writing diligently in general.  She referred that that book that I can't remember what it's called, by a lady who's name I can't remember but the book was about how to approach writing -- scheduling time and the such, as well as letting it happen organically when something inspires you to write.

The book is called "The Creative Habit" by Twyla Tharp!
~Our minds hold the chaos that started everything~

Suicidalboobs

• View Profile
   Album of the Year might be a long shot for V, but she would sure deserve it! I've come to love this album. It's so delightfully unexpected and beautiful.

itsthefiveofus

• View Profile
   Album of the Year might be a long shot for V, but she would sure deserve it! I've come to love this album. It's so delightfully unexpected and beautiful.

Suicidalboobs! long time no see! I agree with your comment :D

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
well, it definitely deserves the title of the album of the year :)

AlexanderLaska

I can't think of anything that would deserve it more.  I mean, it'll probably go to Gaga or Adele, but that's because it's more a popularity contest than anything else.  Truth be told, not that many good albums have come out so far this year.

One thing's for sure, Beyonce sure as hell ain't getting it XD

SilverIchor

• Make me high on lullabies
  • Who'd hear of brave deeds when he's ashamed of his
    • View Profile
I can't think of anything that would deserve it more.  I mean, it'll probably go to Gaga or Adele, but that's because it's more a popularity contest than anything else.  Truth be told, not that many good albums have come out so far this year.

Damn. Straight.
"Sometimes, even strength has to bow down to wisdom" - Rick Riordan

Onyx

• Let's make this our story
    • View Profile

Damn. Straight.
If Beyonce got it, I would bang my head against the wall on purpose  ;)
If Vanessa got it, I would bang my head on the wall on accident from running around my house yelling "SHE WON! SHE WON!"  :P

joey

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - josephherbert@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
I remember in 2003 when she was nominated for the awards and Norah Jones bagged NINE of them that year.

I've had an aversion towards Ms. Jones ever since  :-\

"I see the Dalai Lama ... I feel him blessing me"

Myspace...Add me...

Byoungforever

• All I hear is the music....
    • View Profile
I remember in 2003 when she was nominated for the awards and Norah Jones bagged NINE of them that year.

I've had an aversion towards Ms. Jones ever since  :-\

Honestly, I don't want to start a nuclear war or anything.... but isn't that kind of unfair? I mean...... it wasn't her fault she won and V didn't. I agree that V should have, and that she always should have in any award, but I don't see why you should hold it against her... but whatever. it's none of my bus. :)
All I hear is the music.... and beauty stands... before me... and love comes back... around again, it's a carousel my friend.... :)