Author Topic: Tiger Newspaper Review  (Read 1863 times)

Harmonium

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • Email
Tiger Newspaper Review
« on: August 01, 2011, 09:45:54 am »
Lovely review. :)

http://tigernewspaper.com/wordpress/?p=5192

Watch out for Rabbits on the Run

The sunshine of late July brought along with it Vanessa Carlton’s fourth studio album, Rabbits on the Run, released under Razor & Tie. Her first album in nearly four years, Carlton’s work continues to impress fans and critics alike. Listeners intuitively re-embrace Carlton’s natural and seemingly effortless gifts with piano, soothing melodies, and whimsical lyrics.

After such a prolonged hiatus, fans of Carlton, like the artist herself, were unsure if studio-released music would become a priority of hers again. However, newfound adventure seen in Real World Studios in London ultimately persuaded the singer-songwriter to tackle another full studio album.

The first single off of the album, “Carousel,” is a perfect summary of the fresh folksy and indie roots that Carlton stemmed inspiration from while writing and recording in the English countryside. “Fairweather Friend,” “Get Good,” and “London” lyrically emphasize the organic poetry behind Carlton’s writing, displaying the obvious muse behind the album – the surroundings and atmosphere of England.

Longtime fans of Carlton’s will hear that the artist has come—both literally and figuratively—“A Thousand Miles” from her first studio album, Be Not Nobody. The maturity portrayed in her writing, especially in “I Don’t Want to Be a Bride” and “Tall Tales for Spring,” illustrates the extent of Carlton’s personal growth since entering the music scene back in 2002.

Altogether, Rabbits on the Run was well worth the wait. Original, refreshing, and genuinely inspired music surpasses the appeal of forced, auto-tuned, fodder music any day.

Erin Chan: Staff Writer

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
Re: Tiger Newspaper Review
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 05:27:58 pm »
Altogether, Rabbits on the Run was well worth the wait. Original, refreshing, and genuinely inspired music surpasses the appeal of forced, auto-tuned, fodder music any day.

Finally. Someone had said it as I would have.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Tiger Newspaper Review
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 07:02:38 pm »
and he's a staff writer.
~Sara~