Author Topic: Vanessa on Conan O'Brien 08/17/11  (Read 46263 times)

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
Re: Vanessa on Conan O'Brien 08/17/11
« Reply #120 on: August 18, 2011, 01:10:32 pm »
michelle and vanessa comparisons are soooo old now.

still, i'd rather she be compared to michelle than snookie. o_O

ryan9315

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 18, 2011, 02:35:19 pm »
^True. at least the Michelle comparison, though old, is a compliment ... at least for me it is because I love both.

it's nice to see Michelle pimping Vanessa's album!

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 18, 2011, 02:55:55 pm »
I think that if those girls were the real deal, we should also consider their number. There's a huge difference of them relative to their number during the actual recording.

And I get this feeling that Ari's vocals were meant to sound that loud during the bridge.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 18, 2011, 03:30:50 pm »
@CapitalChoir
Very excited for tonight! We're singing with @VanessaCarlton on @ConanOBrien ( @TeamCoco ) Have you heard her new album yet? It's beautiful

So, it's them.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

beautydivine

• Your true colors shown
  • Thanks for everything, V
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 18, 2011, 03:32:53 pm »
I seriously don't see what the big issue is. I'm interested in hearing what other people are saying about Vanessa, positive or negative. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. Craft wasn't insulting Vanessa, he just pasted a couple of comments that other people had made about her. Yeah, I obviously don't like what some of them are saying either, but I'm not shutting my eyes and pretending they aren't being said. If you don't like it, don't read it.

Completely agree with Saba. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. And it's pretty fascinating to see what fans and (non-fans?) have to say.

sabasaba

« Reply #125 on: August 18, 2011, 03:40:51 pm »
@CapitalChoir
Very excited for tonight! We're singing with @VanessaCarlton on @ConanOBrien ( @TeamCoco ) Have you heard her new album yet? It's beautiful

So, it's them.

I told you guys it was them. No one believed me. :(

beautydivine

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 18, 2011, 04:23:50 pm »
@CapitalChoir

So, it's them.

They just looked a little different from the "four elements" video. : ) But, they were decent. Performing live for millions, I would've been scared for life. You could tell they were extremely nervous before the chorus came around.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 04:56:34 pm by pupmagic »

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #127 on: August 18, 2011, 04:35:44 pm »
@CapitalChoir

So, it's them.

I didn't not believe you, why would you make it up? It's just they weren't really good. I feel like if they are on the album it should have been solid. Yes, nerves or what not but I'm guessing they've done concerts in front of larger crowds, maybe not with cameras but it seems it was a big waste of money to bring them. From what I saw/heard any choir could have done the same job. I feel like that $$ (not that I know where it came from ) could have been spent on something else or some other type of promotion.

I like the idea of using local choirs for the tour. Gwen did it with a drum line.

Weisz

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 18, 2011, 04:39:04 pm »
awww Saba, i personally did not read you ^^

Have to say that their youtube videos are amazing, I've watched the lilly allen one planty of times and enjoyed it a lot each time, and i dont even listen to lilly allen really lol. (still the kids on the show weren't really that much prepared imo  :-\ lol, debby downer. )
It's just me....and a drum. brmbrmbrmbrmbrbbrbrbrmmm

Still stars through a window, will they ever know this madness, madness of the

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #129 on: August 18, 2011, 05:03:45 pm »
@CapitalChoir

So, it's them.

I didn't not believe you, why would you make it up? It's just they weren't really good. I feel like if they are on the album it should have been solid. Yes, nerves or what not but I'm guessing they've done concerts in front of larger crowds, maybe not with cameras but it seems it was a big waste of money to bring them. From what I saw/heard any choir could have done the same job. I feel like that $$ (not that I know where it came from ) could have been spent on something else or some other type of promotion.

I like the idea of using local choirs for the tour. Gwen did it with a drum line.

I like the idea of local choirs, however, if the choir that sang on the album wasn't perfect...it's hard to imagine that others would be any better.  Plus for some shows there are only a day or less between performances. they'd have to star looking and training now.
~Sara~

VaderDawsn

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 18, 2011, 05:36:29 pm »
I just finished watching the performance. I enjoyed it. I thought this version gave a slightly different feeling to the song (at least the intro).
-Samantha

For me it's a glance
And a smile on your face
A touch of your hands
An honest embrace - VC, Home

beautydivine

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 18, 2011, 10:36:17 pm »
I decided to watch this performance several times today. And after each time, I grew to like it even more. I love it now. It was such a simple performance that, perhaps, most of us pressed too great of expectations on. Not all of the details were perfect, but that's fine with me. No performance is perfect anyway. And those smiles! I loved all of the grinning that showed half way through the performance. You can tell how meaningful this song (and the whole record) is to her, and how proud she is. May thousands of IDWTBAB performances come her way :)

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 19, 2011, 02:01:31 am »
I decided to watch this performance several times today. And after each time, I grew to like it even more. I love it now. It was such a simple performance that, perhaps, most of us pressed too great of expectations on. Not all of the details were perfect, but that's fine with me. No performance is perfect anyway. And those smiles! I loved all of the grinning that showed half way through the performance. You can tell how meaningful this song (and the whole record) is to her, and how proud she is. May thousands of IDWTBAB performances come her way :)

I agree with this.

And I believe that they're not the entirety of the Capitol Children's Choir.

Martin.

• Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #133 on: August 19, 2011, 02:47:48 am »
I love the performance now, aha.

Vanessa smiling the whole way through is the best bit. <3

Manny

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 19, 2011, 07:02:02 am »
Their smiles are Princeless!!