Author Topic: 09.28.11 9:30 Club - Washington, DC (review)  (Read 8110 times)

AlexanderLaska

Re: 09.28.11 9:30 Club - Washington, DC (review)
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2011, 04:49:09 pm »
It wasn't a box, it was a little canvas bag.  The bag was white and had the vosges logo on it (at least, I think that's the vosges logo), and a litttle paperstock card that said "Eat for good fortune VC" on the front, and had the first few lines of each song on the inside.

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2011, 05:30:29 pm »
Arwen, I didn't get a cupcake! I was a little too annoyed at the time though. I felt like they packed us in there and the bartender was pretty rude. Then there was this woman who yelled at anyone sitting in front of her at the bar because she wanted to "protect the integrity of the line" - which I could maybe understand more if we weren't the first people to be let in to the club. But, that's the 9:30 for you!

Yeah, I saw that lady who was yelling at people! I thought that was pretty strange.
How funny that all three of us were in line together to meet V and we didn't even know it!

Onyx: I was right in front of V and I clapped during Carousel and she looked at me and smiled.

barefootonbeaches

• Make me high on lullabies
  • Are the echoes coming back to you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2011, 05:38:08 pm »
Oh my gosh, I want a chocolate!!! I hope she brings those with her if she does anymore California shows.
I have a really cool The Fray gif that I would like to put here, but I don't know how. :(

AlexanderLaska

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2011, 07:08:41 pm »
What kind of cupcakes were they?  I really wish I had a cupcake haha

Arwen

• View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2011, 04:40:39 am »
Omg they were delicious! lol. They were chocolate and the frosting was like a thick layer of fudge on top. Then they wrote 9:30 on it in white frosting.

AlexanderLaska

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2011, 08:37:20 am »
Holy ^%!#@$ ,remind me to show up early for the next 9:30 Club concert I go to!

You know, it's funny - I saw you standing front row center and thought I recognized you from your picture, but was like "nahhh, there's no WAY the person front row center for the Matt Nathanson concert is only here for Vanessa" XD

Arwen

• View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2011, 11:06:16 am »
The best part about the cupcakes was that they were free! You just had to ask for one!

Lol, the people behind me that were there to see Matt thought that I was insane for leaving right after V's set.  I'm sure they were happy to get my spot though!

beautydivine

• Your true colors shown
  • Thanks for everything, V
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2011, 01:14:09 pm »
The best part about the cupcakes was that they were free! You just had to ask for one!

Lol, the people behind me that were there to see Matt thought that I was insane for leaving right after V's set.  I'm sure they were happy to get my spot though!

You didn't want to see Matt at all? I saw him at Alice's Summerthing in SF, and he was pretty good!

Arwen

• View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2011, 02:50:14 pm »
I would have stayed but V goes to the merch booth to meet people right after her set and I didn't want to miss her!

SunflowerLeah

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2011, 10:18:59 am »
Maybe an odd question, and I hope it is OK to ask here.. Now I've never been to a concert before, so I was wondering how crowded was it during the concert? And when you got to meet Vanessa, How long did you have to wait and was it crowded then too? :)

Like I've said never been to a concert before, and both of my parents don't like crowds or basically doing things like this at all (but one of them would have to come with), so I'm trying to get some information. And at least a general idea of what it would be like. If I posted this in the wrong place, be more than welcome to show me where to go! haha.

beautydivine

• Your true colors shown
  • Thanks for everything, V
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2011, 10:34:28 am »
Maybe an odd question, and I hope it is OK to ask here.. Now I've never been to a concert before, so I was wondering how crowded was it during the concert? And when you got to meet Vanessa, How long did you have to wait and was it crowded then too? :)

Like I've said never been to a concert before, and both of my parents don't like crowds or basically doing things like this at all (but one of them would have to come with), so I'm trying to get some information. And at least a general idea of what it would be like. If I posted this in the wrong place, be more than welcome to show me where to go! haha.

I don't think this is necessarily the "wrong" thread to ask, since this is included in the "Live Shows" category. But I'll answer anyways! During her official U.S. tour for ROTR, the venues differed, some being indoor, some outdoor. The outdoor ones seemed 'noisier' from pics and vids that I've seen, thus making them more crowded (I presume). The indoor venue I attended was half-filled (picture a small school auditorium). So, it depends on the popularity of the venue (I'm guessing), whether the show is "sold out" or not, and whether it is indoors or outdoors.

If you're planning to attend one of the upcoming shows, you should expect quite a crowd. Matt Nathanson is fairly popular, from what I know after seeing him perform for FREE at Alice's Summerthing in SF. So, be prepared for some sort of following to be there, including a handful of those present for Vanessa.

SunflowerLeah

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2011, 10:54:46 am »

I don't think this is necessarily the "wrong" thread to ask, since this is included in the "Live Shows" category. But I'll answer anyways! During her official U.S. tour for ROTR, the venues differed, some being indoor, some outdoor. The outdoor ones seemed 'noisier' from pics and vids that I've seen, thus making them more crowded (I presume). The indoor venue I attended was half-filled (picture a small school auditorium). So, it depends on the popularity of the venue (I'm guessing), whether the show is "sold out" or not, and whether it is indoors or outdoors.

If you're planning to attend one of the upcoming shows, you should expect quite a crowd. Matt Nathanson is fairly popular, from what I know after seeing him perform for FREE at Alice's Summerthing in SF. So, be prepared for some sort of following to be there, including a handful of those present for Vanessa.

Thank you so much for the response!!

I decided to look up the theater I'll be attending (which I probably should have done in the first place haha), and it only holds 1000 people. Since it's not sold out yet, I'm assuming it won't be such a BIG turnout but I guess you never know, at least now we can at least prepare ourselves. :) Thank you for the information, I had no idea Matt was so popular! I'd never heard of him before. I just hope I'll be able to meet her, reading others experiences of seeing her has gotten me really excited!