Author Topic: 09.28.11 9:30 Club - Washington, DC (review)  (Read 8109 times)

AlexanderLaska

09.28.11 9:30 Club - Washington, DC (review)
« on: September 28, 2011, 03:14:10 pm »
Edit: Click here to see my review from the show, including pictures and video!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 08:03:21 pm by AlexanderLaska »

AlexanderLaska

09.27.11 9:30 Club - Washington, DC (review)
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 06:37:24 pm »
Vanessa Carlton called me handsome.

I met Vanessa Carlton.  She signed my music book.  We took a picture together.  And she called me handsome.

...I literally feel like I'm dreaming hahaha.

I'll post more later, but suffice it to say I just got back from tonight's concert and it was a dream come true.  btw Ari was there, and they did Dear California instead of "Fools Like Me," and didn't do ATM.

And I had a vosges chocolate bunny - VERY delicious, a little pricey though haha.

I still can't believe she called me handsome.  I gushed and gushed and she was like "well I hope to see you again!"

I died.

I got lots of pictures and some (crummy) video, I'll try and post them when I can get my thoughts together hahaha

Nice meeting you, Arwen!!  Safe trip home.

AlexanderLaska

Re: 09.28.11 9:30 Club - Washington, DC (review)
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 07:06:59 pm »
Here's a video I just put together with some clips from her set.  It includes the choruses of Carousel, White Houses, Dear California, and Bride: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykjRLPKHlc0

Enjoy!

AisforAdrn

• Your true colors shown
  • Boots on concrete...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 08:01:17 pm »
 :-\ Everyone is...so loud. Like...wtf what are you doing, someone's performing. SHUT UP.
Peace
Adriann

jlmusicchick

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 08:27:34 pm »
V put on an awesome show! She was great last night, but even better tonight, I thought. The setlist was:

Carousel
Tall Tales for Spring
Fairweather Friend
White Houses (rhodes)
Dear California (rhodes)
London
Hear the Bells
I Don't Wanna Be a Bride

I took a few videos of Dear California, Hear the Bells and I Don't Wanna Be a Bride on my phone - I'm sure they're awful quality, but I'll upload them this weekend anyway. She was so sweet to sign and take pics with everyone, we talked about how I met her for the first time nine years ago and how fast the time has gone - I mentioned Nessaholics and she got really excited. All in all, a great night :-)

Also, the chocolates are a little pricey at $4, but so worth it!

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 08:37:36 pm »
Very happy for you guys. Thanks for mentioning Nh and thanks for keeping us informed of how the shows are going, everyone.

Now tell me what is the deal with these chocolates? Are they packaged in V's name or what? I couldn't tell from the picture. Thanks.

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2011, 05:04:00 am »
OMG. That's all I can say about what happened last night. Best VC experience ever probably. I got there pretty early so me and about 20 other people got to go in this special downstairs bar area and hang out before doors opened. When we finally got to go inside, I bee-lined for front and center of the stage. It was the closest I have ever been at a V show. I was right up against the rails of the stage. And when she played Carousel, I did the first claps during the bridge and she looked at me and smiled!! Then after the show when we I met her again at the merch booth she remembered me! I bought two of the chocolates and had her sign the little IDWTBAB lyrics insert that came in the bag. Then she said "it's great to see you again!" I got another picture with her too. It was so amazing I never wanted it to end!

Then on our way out we ran into Ari and we told him we were so glad he was there and he was like, "oh yeah, you guys were right in front of the stage!"

It was so nice to meet you too, Alex! So happy that you had a wonderful experience as well.

Let, each chocolate comes in a little white linen bag with an insert that has IDWBAB lyrics written on it. The little bag has stuff written on it but I'm not sure what because it was too dark last night. I'm at work now so I'll take some pics of mine when I get home today.

AlexanderLaska

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2011, 06:37:58 am »
Ahhh you met Ari??  I'm super jealous!  Everyone arond me was commenting on how good he looked haha.  Maybe it's best I didn't meet him because I probably would have pounced.

Here's what the chocolate bunny looks like (sorry the picture is gigantic):

AlexanderLaska

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2011, 07:04:00 am »
Here's my review of last night's concert - including pictures and video!  http://justifiableanger.blogspot.com/2011/09/music-break-vanessa-carlton-at-930-club.html

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2011, 07:17:24 am »
I'm a horrible Nessaholic ... Arwen, I was also one of the first bunch in line and was in the back bar! I stood upstairs on the balcony, though - I like being able to see everything. And Alexander, I was the girl behind you in line to meet Vanessa! I guess I'm too lazy to find out if people are Nessaholics or not, I should start asking at shows :-p

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2011, 07:57:35 am »
Aww the bunny is soo cute! I haven't even opened mine yet!

Alex: I met Ari once before in NY at Joe's Pub and got a pic with him! He is always very nice. I didn't recognize him when he first came out on stage because his hair was so long! He's adorable!

JL: That's funny! We need to wear pins or something so we can recognize each other. Did you get a cupcake? They were so good!

AlexanderLaska

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2011, 08:03:46 am »
JL: Oh really? That's awesome!  If you didn't know, Arwen was right in front of me in line.  I thought I recognized her from the photo she posted when I saw her front row center (I was standing like three feet away from you, Arwen haha) but felt wayyy too weird about blatantly asking if she was a Nessaholic, since I didn't realize until I saw her in line for Vanessa that she wasn't there for Matt.  Three Nessaholics in a row, that's such a funny coincidence!

Arwen: That's so cool!  I saw him with V at Ann Taylor for Fashion's Night Out, but they didn't really greet anybody there so I didn't get to meet either of them.  I didn't think he was going to be there, I like SCREAMED when he walked onstage.

I ate my bunny the MOMENT I got home, I couldn't resist.  I ate it while listening to "In The End," it just felt right for the experience haha

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2011, 09:02:42 am »
I ate my chocolate as soon as I got up to the balcony to my friends, haha. I was hungry! I also stayed for all of Matt's show, which was really good. Let, I think she said the chocolates were made by her friend and were inspired by I Don't Wanna Be A Bride. They're definitely expensive - $4 for just one - but they come in a cute little bag with a card and are very tasty.

Arwen, I didn't get a cupcake! I was a little too annoyed at the time though. I felt like they packed us in there and the bartender was pretty rude. Then there was this woman who yelled at anyone sitting in front of her at the bar because she wanted to "protect the integrity of the line" - which I could maybe understand more if we weren't the first people to be let in to the club. But, that's the 9:30 for you!

Onyx

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
  • Let's make this our story
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2011, 01:30:35 pm »
I have a random question.

Did you (or anyone) clap during Carousel?

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2011, 03:03:24 pm »
i'm love with that chocolate! and i don't even know what it tastes like haha. do you guys have any pictures of the chocolate box and the lyrics?