Author Topic: 'Rabbits On the Run' Reviews (Critics)  (Read 3002 times)

beautydivine

• Your true colors shown
  • Thanks for everything, V
    • View Profile
'Rabbits On the Run' Reviews (Critics)
« on: September 30, 2011, 04:30:54 pm »
I've seen a lot of reviews about the album, some being absolutely ridiculous, some being pleasant. Here's one that I spotted a while ago, and still get bugged by now and then:

http://www.usmagazine.com/moviestvmusic/news/review--vanessa-carlton-rabbits-on-the-run-2011187

There are, of course, plenty more that make me cringe, just b/c these critics don't hear what we hear from ROTR. Has anyone stumbled upon a few interesting ones?

Manny

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
Re: 'Rabbits On the Run' Reviews (Critics)
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 08:10:59 pm »
that was a short review :/

fizzybubblespop

• Make me high on lullabies
  • http://i.imgur.com/saOJMlL.png
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 10:08:05 pm »
Some of these reviews... I'm just reading them thinking "Why don't you understand? D:"

I really agree with you, they just don't seem to hear what we do.  ???

beautydivine

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 07:53:07 am »
Some of these reviews... I'm just reading them thinking "Why don't you understand? D:"

I really agree with you, they just don't seem to hear what we do.  ???
that was a short review :/

Manny: That's why you can find more and post them here. Yeah, that was intentionally short; all music reviews in Us Weekly are pretty brief.

fizzybubblespop: Exactly! There are some hopefuls though, which comforts me. We can find some good reviews and post them here

LauraH

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 08:27:12 pm »
People who leave those bad reviews are just bitter. lmao
The song may be over, but the music never ends.

raacheeel

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/raacheeel
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 09:14:37 pm »
Finally got the courage to read the not-so-review....i found it rather rude and half assed. -_-

beautydivine

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 09:22:51 pm »
Finally got the courage to read the not-so-review....i found it rather rude and half assed. -_-

Haha.. "finally got the courage". I understand how you feel. It isn't even worthy of being called a "review"! This is just among the many disappointing reviews that are floating about on the web..

And Us Weekly always has short music reviews, and never seem to give enough credit to the less-popular, indie, etc artists. I guess that's the end result of scrubbing your ears with Bieber, Ke$ha, and other radio dominators these days.

raacheeel

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/raacheeel
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2011, 10:09:26 pm »
Yeah i always cringe whenever i see a bad review or bad opinion on vanessa...grrr especially that one time someone posted those ugly tweets! :(

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2011, 11:59:32 pm »

Haha.. "finally got the courage". I understand how you feel. It isn't even worthy of being called a "review"! This is just among the many disappointing reviews that are floating about on the web..

And Us Weekly always has short music reviews, and never seem to give enough credit to the less-popular, indie, etc artists. I guess that's the end result of scrubbing your ears with Bieber, Ke$ha, and other radio dominators these days.

I don't take much offense to this because it's US weekly.  Smut.  However, it does reach a lot of people.. a lot of people who may or may not think for themselves and who follow the herd rather than blaze their own trail. (yes, I sometimes flip through these types of magazines, but I REALLY try not to buy them).
~Sara~