Author Topic: 10/14/11 Capitol Theater - Madison, WI (reveiw)  (Read 5607 times)

Onyx

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
  • Let's make this our story
    • View Profile
10/14/11 Capitol Theater - Madison, WI (reveiw)
« on: October 14, 2011, 07:19:59 pm »
EDKFHDF?dhsfdjsFDSFTPOFfdgds. Sorry, I had to get that out of the way. Vanessa was amazing! When she walked out on the stage I cried a little. I don't know why. It was just her and Skye.

The setlist:
Carousel w/ learning to fly intro
Fairweather Friend
Fools Like Me (on rhodes)
Hear The Bells
A Thousand Miles (On rhodes)
Marching Line
I Don't Want To Be A Bride.

During Carousel I clapped the first time and some huge (I mean his size) Matt fan looked at me like "What arrreee you doing?" So I only clapped once. Then before Hear The Bells Vanessa said that she really liked Madison because of cyrstals. She said (something like this) "I was walking on a street holding crystals. Then church bells started to ring." "Stevie would dig it." "But VNEss.... its weird." I can't really remember what she said. Sorry! When she started playing ATM eveyone was like "WHOOO AHHH YEAAHHH!!" Then barely anyone sang along. I was on the floor aera. She started to play I Dont Want to be a Bride. Then she said "This is really not how it goes." "It's in D-Minor Vanessa, what the Fuh-"

I bought all the items before the show. I was Third in line at the "Night Shop". I met a NESSAholic in front of me  ;D. When I was standing in line and I was looking to my left. Someone asked me "What does your shirt say." I turned around and it was Skye! I literally jumped, I wasn't expecting it to be him! Then Vanessa came out to sign stuff. My voice was soooo shakey and I was too. She shook my hand!!! I was getting something signed for a friend. She asked what my friends name was.... I said "Ju *voice crack* hehe JulIIIa." She wanted a picture of my shirt! So the guy working at the stand took it. She kinda laughed and said "You're a good model."

Vanessa is really nice! Her singing voice sounds different in person. This night shall never end.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 06:13:43 pm by Onyx »

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
Re: 10/14/11 Capitol Theater - Madison, WI (reveiw)
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 08:15:32 pm »
That's great! Any videos?

Thanks for all the info!

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

asnigro

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nigro227
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - asnigro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 09:04:44 pm »
Some tickets opened for my wife and I at around 6:15 and were able to get in!  The Gods were smiling.

Great show!  I enjoyed Marching Line.  I hope someone got a vid of it.  Was hoping to hear White Houses but oh well; she only played for 30 mins.

I bought the autographed poster and the chocolate.  Very cool.

Skye rules.
I'll...keep...fingers...crossed...always...for...you

Manny

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 09:25:36 pm »
During Carousel I clapped the first time and some huge (I mean his size) Matt fan looked at me like "What arrreee you doing?"

>:(

Not nice! its just the Nessa thing to do! :)
Glad to know you enjoyed the show!! Share some pictures if you took any!

barefootonbeaches

• Make me high on lullabies
  • Are the echoes coming back to you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 11:13:49 pm »
Haha, LOL @ V talking to herself.  ;D Onyx it sounds like you had a really great meet and greet experience at the night shop!
I have a really cool The Fray gif that I would like to put here, but I don't know how. :(

Onyx

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 05:44:52 am »
Here are some pictures: http://s1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc372/Onyx111/Vanessa%20Concert/ Sorry, a lot of them are blurry. The camera I was using is messed up. I wasn't taking these pictures though.

I have one full video of Marching Line. I forgot my Flip camera  >:( So I had to use my camera camera. The video is blurry but the sound is good. I have to upload that later though.

SunflowerLeah

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2011, 07:42:28 am »
It was such an awesome concert  ;D

I have to say, I was rather disappointed because the 'guards' were extremely rude to me. I was snapping some pictures of the concert hall, which I thought was no problem because everyone else was. But then they proceeded to say 'No cameras' to me, then she got another lady and they had to inspect my camera!! The other lady said it was alright if I got pictures, so I tried to when they were preforming but then another guard came by and said 'put that away'. What the heck? Everyone else was getting pictures!

But other than that, it was absolutely fabulous!! She came on stage and I started crying, I was so extremely happy. I think the girl beside me was crying too. Vanessa called everyone "Crystalfull" or something like that, it all happened to fast haha. She started singing Bride, and said it was the last song, so me and my mom planned that when she stopped singing we were to go the night shop as fast as we could! Made good time too, because I was first in line! And I even stood there for awhile before Onyx got there. I had brought the ROTR CD I had, and then bought a songbook there. I was kind of in lala-land and then suddenly Skye touched me on the shoulder, and as the manager guy or whoever was talking Skye looked at me and smiled, so I smiled back. I think my heart melted a little bit. Vanessa was super sweet and is so beautiful in person! I gave her a letter and drawing I made her, she said "It's beautiful! I love it!", She didn't open it though, I hope she reads it! Anyways, she signed my CD and asked for my name, then she says "Oh, that was my first best friends name, how pretty!". She even wrote 'Love Vanessa'. I told her how amazing she is and then walked away. Gosh I was so happy! I didn't really know what else to say to her haha  :D

So anyways, I did get pictures as she was signing stuff, they seemed to turn out well. And I did get a picture of the mirror. It was nice meeting you Onyx!! Your parents are super nice too. Did you guys stay after to watch Matt? (I ended up leaving right after, I had to get home). And it actually kind of funny, I didn't realize it until I got home. When I was standing inline BEFORE going into the concert hall, I was taking pictures of the line of people, And believe it or not I have a picture of you haha. You were even looking right at the camera! I thought it was funny. You should post that picture you got of the both of us! (if you don't mind).

SunflowerLeah

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2011, 07:57:33 am »
EDIT: Oh yeah, it looks like the back of my head! (In the right corner) (http://s1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc372/Onyx111/Vanessa%20Concert/?action=view&current=VANESSACONCERTWISCONSIN388.jpg)

Disappointed I didn't get more pictures. I'm the kind of person who take pictures everyday and always has their camera, but I have the most wonderful memory of that night though.. So it's OK :)

Pictures!: http://s1018.photobucket.com/albums/af301/Lynssl/Vanessa/

I managed to get a good one!

All of the other pictures are in the photobucket album.  :D It was so exciting! I still can't get over it! Every so often I go and look at my CD, to see that she really did sign it, because it is still like a dream.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 08:01:04 am by Amelia_Rae »

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2011, 01:14:23 pm »
thanks for sharing! glad you all had great experiences!
~Sara~

Onyx

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2011, 06:03:00 pm »
@ Amelia_Rae It was nice to meet you too!! When I was standing in line I was guessing which person was you. Then when I saw you in the line before the show I thought it was you from here. Hehe, lucky guess. We didn't stay for Matt. The picture of us is kinda blurry but I will probbaly post it later.

URGH! I have video of the Marching Line, but when I go to upload it to youtube it says 56 min remaining... I have to wait till tomorrow to post it. I just realized I didn't say to Vanessa "I liked your show." "I love your music." "You are amazing." Or anything like that. I could barely say a 3 syllable word, I don't think my brain and mouth would of cooperated to let me say a full sentence.  :P
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 06:16:01 pm by Onyx »

beautydivine

• Your true colors shown
  • Thanks for everything, V
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2011, 08:04:02 pm »
I'm very happy for both of you! It seems like you really enjoyed the show, and don't worry about any missed opportunities to say something, I did, too  :D We will always get another chance to talk to her some time in the future. But yep, anyways, thanks for sharing everything!

Onyx

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2011, 12:58:18 pm »
The Marching Line: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBnTZz8ETxs&feature=feedu

...It's a crappy video...

SunflowerLeah

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2011, 05:31:30 pm »
Oh yeah, she said "Crystal-ish". I couldn't think of what she called everyone and it had been bugging me all day! XD Thank you for posting the video, It's nice to watch it again.

@pupmagic: You are very right! And now, we are prepared for next time. That is why I made sure to write a letter for her, because I knew the second I got up to see her I'd draw a blank! (Which I did, haha).

asnigro

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nigro227
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - asnigro
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2011, 12:41:58 pm »
I wonder if she decided to play "Marching Line" because she makes reference to an "overture" and the show was at the Overture Center?  Maybe I'm reaching here...  Regardless, the performance was quite enjoyable.

Matt Nathanson was better than I thought it was going to be.  So many older (40-45+) woman fawning over him, not what I was expecting lets put it that way!
I'll...keep...fingers...crossed...always...for...you