Author Topic: 10-12-11 Detroit Review  (Read 1929 times)

equeen1022

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • AOL Instant Messenger - amber102208
    • View Profile
10-12-11 Detroit Review
« on: October 15, 2011, 09:05:54 am »
As good as Columbus' crowd was, that's how BAD Detroit's was. They didn't even sing along to A THOUSAND MILES. Everybody and their mom knows that song! I was so disappointed for her. Of course she was still great though. The venue was pretty cool--it was an old church with stained glass windows still. At one point V said "godddamn" about something and she turned to Skye and was like, "Oh my god I just said 'damn' in a church. I said 'goddamn' in a church." The crowd started cracking up and V was like, "Oh well, I'm jewish anyway." It was hysterical.

Set:

1. Carousel
2. White Houses
3. Fairweather Friend
4. London
5. Hear the Bells
6. A Thousand Miles
7. I Don't Wanna Be a Bride

VC came on kind of late so the meet and greet in Detroit was even more rushed than Columbus. This young boy standing behind me was SO excited to meet V. He was the most enthusiastic little thing. We were standing by the stairs where V and Skye were coming up to the merchandise booth, but the boy didn't see them come up. He only noticed V when she was walking right beside us, and the little guy screamed in excitement. V's expression-- oh my god I died laughing.

V did remember me from the night before but she couldn't remember what city they had been in haha. She said something like I was "so adorably cute." I wish I could remember exactly! She said they were going to change up the setlist but they were running so late that they didn't have time. I ended up having her sign my Heroes and Thieves cd booklet that time. We got a really cute picture of V that I will try to post when I upload my pictures on to my computer.
~*Amber*~

'Cause I lose my way searching for stage lights...

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
Re: 10-12-11 Detroit Review
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 10:47:17 am »
hahah the "goddamn" moment must have been really funny.