Author Topic: Mohawk Valley Community College Utica, NY 10/24/11 (review)  (Read 10074 times)

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Mohawk Valley Community College Utica, NY 10/24/11 (review)
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2011, 05:09:46 am »
I bought two chocolates too and one didn't have the gold on it but I haven't opened the other one yet.  I agree with the emotion I think that's why it was such a good show, she sAng her heart out.  I was also shocked about Skye's voice!!! His background vocals don't do him justice.  The woman in their band had a pretty powerful voice too, I can't wait to share those videos with everyone!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 05:13:37 am by sarab »
~Sara~

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2011, 05:48:36 am »
From the videos Sara uploaded, I must say that this is one of the best, if not the best, of all the live performances she has done.

HOM was fantastic. There was something deeper in it that I've never heard before.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2011, 06:15:24 am »
Kulp, I'm so glad you got that picture (since I did not have my camera, only my flip).  did you get the box of chocolates in the reflection on purpose? It looks soooo cool!
~Sara~

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2011, 07:46:00 am »
thank you guys for all the info. can't stop watching these videos. can't wait for hear the bells and white houses. love the big set list.

her voice sounds soooooo amazing in this show, i love it :)

beautydivine

• Your true colors shown
  • Thanks for everything, V
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2011, 11:17:26 am »
One of the best Vanessa Carlton shows I have ever been to. The sound in this venue was AMAZING.
turns out my seat didn't suck so bad, as the theater was small and i could actually see Vanessa not blocked by the piano.

so I arrived with my boyfriend semi-early, and met up with Sara almost immediately after picking up our tickets.
Saw the mirror with Vanessa's handwriting on it at the "night shop" and had to take a picture of it.

Bought 2 chocolates (one was missing the gold part :(, but that's ok.) Good stuff anyway. very Dark chocolate taste.
Met up with Emily, saw Skye, called him out, said hi and happy birthday, he said thanks, blah blah. His band was really good by the way! at least I enjoyed it. also, I didn't know Skye could sing that well, that was a nice surprise!!!

Well, first I want to say that this was THE MOST I have EVER cried at any show I've ever been to. Ever.
For private reasons, but oh my God, Vanessa was AMAZING. she did every song slightly slower, and with way more emotion. It was a crazy emotional ride.
I cried the most during White Houses... which was weird, but it kind of makes sense because I remember crying to her playing that song at one of the last shows I attended. Seriously was bawling.

I took video of every song in full.
I plan on uploading them.
Hopefully I will soon.
I wasn't paying attention to where the camera was pointing, so don't expect anything great (except maybe White Houses, because I placed the camera upright on the chair arm next to me for that one [still not sure if I got good video, but we'll see])

we decided to leave after the show instead of waiting in the long line for Vanessa.

every song was so unique and special. <3

Kleenex would've been handy, mm? I forgot to bring a pack with me, and of course, ruined my makeup at my show.  :D

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2011, 02:10:28 pm »
All the videos I have of Vanessa are up! I did not do Carousel so I could clap and since I was running out of battery and had high hopes to hear Hear the Bells I did not get ATM and WH either. Enjoy!
~Sara~

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2011, 03:51:34 pm »
All the videos I have of Vanessa are up! I did not do Carousel so I could clap and since I was running out of battery and had high hopes to hear Hear the Bells I did not get ATM and WH either. Enjoy!

You're awesome!!

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2011, 03:55:18 pm »

You're awesome!!

thanks, I try! lol.  I believe Kulp says he has the entire concert, so we got it covered.  It was really an awesome show.
~Sara~

cassiemoy

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2011, 05:56:37 am »
"hear the bells" is heartstopping.
formerly fish_for__stars.

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2011, 12:11:28 pm »
"hear the bells" is heartstopping.

I was so glad she played it since she didn't at the Buffalo show I went to; I was upset about that at first, but now that I'm watching videos that other people got on that tour, all the talking would have bothered me!  The recording I got was so clear and the experience was so amazing live.  I wish I could come up with another word other than amazing to describe the experience.
~Sara~

Arwen

• View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2011, 12:51:56 pm »
I converted Hear The Bells to an mp3 so I can play it in my car. Here it is if anyone else wants:

http://www.youtube-mp3.org/#v=CGKYNBL0XJc

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2011, 12:56:14 pm »
You're AWESOME! thanks!
~Sara~

Manny

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2011, 01:46:03 pm »
What she plays around 2:40 is awesome!

Ships On Gray Seas

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
    • Me on facebook
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2011, 02:23:40 pm »
Thank you very much for all the videos, Sara! I haven't had the time yet to watch them all, but what I've seen so far is AWESOME (V's performance and the audio quality)!!
Best version of Hear The Bells! ♥

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Noelle1822
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2011, 03:51:07 pm »
Hear the Bells is so beautiful, it made me tear up!! I love that new run during the 2nd chorus, and the bridge is just as amazing as ever. Gah, love that song.