Author Topic: The Hot Holy Mess  (Read 4171 times)

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
The Hot Holy Mess
« on: October 27, 2011, 03:35:00 pm »
Skye Steele who plays violin for Vanessa on tours (I don't think he was on the album) has his own band called The Hot Holy Mess.  They opened for her on 10/24/11 in Utica, NY and they were great!  Because of my low battery and limited recording time, I only got 2 videos.  One song they did was legendary and gave me chills but I did not get that one on tape!  I don't know what it's called but maybe "elbows to elbows" or "the raincoat song" would work... guess you had to be there.  At this time I don't have titles for the songs, but I know I have the name of the first one somewhere. ANYWAY.  Here the links to my videos.  You can also like them on Facebook!  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Capcmar3C-o

http://youtu.be/4_iviJNPZ94

They do sell a 7inch vinyl which I did buy; there are only two songs on it and one of them is the first video.
In my opinion they are great!  Skye's voice is really.. I don't know how to describe it -- maybe like honey and very sexy.  I think the woman in the group should get more singing/solo time as she too has a great voice and it's very powerful.  At times the regular drums can be a bit much, but that is just my preference, not that it makes it bad (I like the big drum that reminds me of what a marching band (or marching line) would use).  Enjoy!!

(there will be two videos total so check back in a bit if you only still see one)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 04:49:32 pm by sarab »
~Sara~

Onyx

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
  • Let's make this our story
    • View Profile
Re: The Hot Holy Mess
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 06:37:35 pm »
I like the second song. : )

AG.

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 01:08:52 am »
It says on facebook, that the two vinyl songs are Long Ride Down and Focus Focus. I'll have to have a listen, i love his other songs, like 'Black is the Colour of my True Love's Hair' and 'Book of Candles.'

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 04:30:49 am »
It says on facebook, that the two vinyl songs are Long Ride Down and Focus Focus. I'll have to have a listen, i love his other songs, like 'Black is the Colour of my True Love's Hair' and 'Book of Candles.'

I didn't even think of looking on facebook.  My vinyl was upstairs and I was too lazy to go get it when I was writing !
~Sara~

beautydivine

• Your true colors shown
  • Thanks for everything, V
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2011, 05:55:56 am »
I love both of the vids. Thanks for sharing, Sara. And Mr. Steele surprises us all. He's quite a talented man, along with his quintet/band. If you haven't done so yet, you should friend him on Facebook and keep in touch with him for more updates.  :)

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2011, 11:51:08 am »
I love both of the vids. Thanks for sharing, Sara. And Mr. Steele surprises us all. He's quite a talented man, along with his quintet/band. If you haven't done so yet, you should friend him on Facebook and keep in touch with him for more updates.  :)

I am friends with him on facebook!!  That's how he recognized me at the concert.  Check out the rabbits on the run songbook thread to see my story :)
~Sara~

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2011, 11:52:04 am »

have you seen them in concert before? I only see very few videos on youtube.
~Sara~

AG.

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2011, 11:56:27 am »
There are a few performances on YouTube, but you can also preview the songs off his album on the official website. I really recommend buying his CD, the performances are excellent, or just listen to them via his website.

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2011, 12:16:54 pm »
oh thanks, I didn't even think to look for a website.  Sometimes.. hmm..
~Sara~

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2011, 12:21:42 pm »
~Sara~

beautydivine

• Your true colors shown
  • Thanks for everything, V
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2011, 03:24:13 pm »

I am friends with him on facebook!!  That's how he recognized me at the concert.  Check out the rabbits on the run songbook thread to see my story :)

Fabulous, I'm friends with him, too. Alright I will.