Author Topic: TouchTunes Interactive partners with Vanessa Carlton...  (Read 2362 times)

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
TouchTunes Interactive partners with Vanessa Carlton...
« on: December 23, 2011, 07:27:33 am »

To support the release of Vanessa Carlton‘s new digital EP, Hear the Bells, TouchTunes Interactive Networks today announced a first-time partnership with the leading independent record label Razor & Tie for a wide-reaching digital and mobile promotion of the EP across its nationwide network. During the month of December, Hear the Bells will be promoted across TouchTunes’ network of over 50,000 digital jukeboxes and TouchTunesTV screens, and will also be available to fans on the myTouchTunes mobile app.

(Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20111223/NY27178-a )

(Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20111223/NY27178-b )

Officially released on November 21st, the four song digital EP features the holiday classic “Do You Hear What I Hear” and John Lennon‘s “Happy Xmas (War Is Over),” as well as an acoustic rendition of “Hear The Bells” (from Carlton’s 2011 studio album, Rabbits on the Run.) Vanessa Carlton fans are also treated to the first-ever acoustic re-recording of her mega-hit, “A Thousand Miles.”

In addition, on Friday December 16th, TouchTunes celebrated Carlton’s EP release by hosting an invitation-only event at Dominion NY in New York City. Music industry executives, VIPs, and a select group of fans were treated to a special acoustic performance by Carlton.

“It’s fantastic to be partnering with TouchTunes to help promote Vanessa’s ‘Hear the Bells’ EP,” said Matthew Amoroso, Product Manager, Razor & Tie.  ”In the ever-changing musical landscape, TouchTunes presents a new and unique marketing channel to expose our artists to a huge number of fresh eyes and ears. It’s exciting and refreshing.”

Vanessa recently wrapped up a national tour with Matt Nathanson in support of her critically acclaimed album, Rabbits on the Run (Razor & Tie).  The album was released this past summer to rave reviews and Carlton appeared on a number of television programs including The Tonight Show, The Today Show, Conan, and Chelsea Lately and was featured on NPR’s Weekend Edition.

“The holidays are a busy, busy time for our locations and music is especially key to creating a festive atmosphere during the season,” said Vicki Saunders, TouchTunes VP, Digital Media and Music Marketing. “We are thrilled to be working with Vanessa Carlton and her team to promote Hear the Bells, a perfect addition to our holiday catalog.” 

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: TouchTunes Interactive partners with Vanessa Carlton...
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 07:37:32 am »
I wonder if this is related to the "holiday office party" that someone mentioned on her facebook page.  Two people said "you'll be playing my husbands office party" they never did answer when I asked what company.  thanks for sharing!
~Sara~

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 09:30:31 am »
I wonder if this is related to the "holiday office party" that someone mentioned on her facebook page.  Two people said "you'll be playing my husbands office party" they never did answer when I asked what company.  thanks for sharing!

LOL that just reminded me of my dream where V came to play at my office.

Glad that her holiday EP is getting some much deserved recognition!

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2011, 04:28:48 pm »
it sounds awesome! but i wish we had videos of this performance :(

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 06:12:45 pm »
it sounds awesome! but i wish we had videos of this performance :(

I agree. I feel that she played War Is Over.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

AG.

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2011, 01:34:36 am »
If you go on the TouchTunes facebook page, I think on their wall it does say. I think she played White Houses, Bride and possibly Carousel, but I'm not sure about the last one.