Poll

What's your favorite Vanessa Carlton album?

Be Not Nobody
2 (6.7%)
Harmonium
5 (16.7%)
Heroes & Thieves
11 (36.7%)
Rabbits On The Run
12 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Author Topic: What's your favorite Vanessa Carlton album?  (Read 7800 times)

Rabbits_on_the_run

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
What's your favorite Vanessa Carlton album?
« on: January 28, 2012, 12:49:56 am »
Now that we had enough time to enjoy (or get tired of) the new record 'Rabbits On The Run', I thought it would be nice to know what's your favorite Vanessa Carlton album.

I have to admit the choice is difficulte between 'Harmonium' and 'Rabbits' but I find myself listening to 'Rabbits' all the time. I just like that 'new' 60's sound so much. It suits Vanessa really well.

lavender skies

• View Profile
Re: What's your favorite Vanessa Carlton album?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 01:13:21 am »
I just really love her old voice. I know people say that they would love to hear her record old songs with her new voice but I'd love to hear rabbits with her old voice.

Rabbits_on_the_run

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 02:18:04 am »
Interesting :) By 'old voice' you mean the way she sung in her first 3 records? I liked that a lot as well! Well, that made me a Vanessa Carlton fan in the first place :) I'm wondering if she's gonna sing the same way in the future. Somehow more than her voice it's the atmosphere, the raw-ness that I really like in V's music.

Rekky

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 05:03:28 am »
I like all 4 albums but there is one that I love and is H&T. I love all the songs from beginning to the end. I never get tired of it. I usually listen songs of the other albums randomly but when I hear one of H&T I need to hear the entire album. I think that is a perfect album. One of my favourites, not only of hers.

Rabbits_on_the_run

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 06:17:59 am »
I love that album too :D So funny, as for now every album has votes with the exception of 'Harmonium' that I always thought was a fan favorite! But that may be back in 2005 :p

beautydivine

• Your true colors shown
  • Thanks for everything, V
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 07:13:30 am »
I place my vote on H&T, because it's the album that brought me back to V after BNN. I'm sure just like everyone else, I adore ALL albums (they're eclectic!); however, I connect most spiritually to H&T. My mind is always an empty vessel when I listen to the whole record. That's what most of us pursue in music.

Serentic

• AOL Instant Messenger - serentic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2012, 08:48:35 am »
Heroes & Thieves, hands down. It's the one album I really felt connected to, it's one of my inspirations musically, and it seems the most mature, most heartfelt and most well produced one of all four.

by the way I'm back. |D Hi again everyone. c:

LauraH

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2012, 09:29:28 am »
Heroes and Thieves! It's the very first of V's albums that I listened to from beginning to end. (:
The song may be over, but the music never ends.

HearMyBells

• So you can put your weapons down...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2012, 10:29:00 am »
I vote Heroes & Thieves too! I'm surprised to see all this support for that album, usually it gets hated on :-\. It was the album that really sucked me in and I get super sentimental when I listen to it : ). I have no problem admitting that RotR is a better album musically..there's just something about H&T

Serentic

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2012, 11:29:16 am »
I vote Heroes & Thieves too! I'm surprised to see all this support for that album, usually it gets hated on :-\. It was the album that really sucked me in and I get super sentimental when I listen to it : ). I have no problem admitting that RotR is a better album musically..there's just something about H&T

Does it really get hated on? o: I've really never seen anything but praise or indifference towards it.

fizzybubblespop

• Make me high on lullabies
  • http://i.imgur.com/saOJMlL.png
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2012, 02:12:36 pm »

Does it really get hated on? o: I've really never seen anything but praise or indifference towards it.

Not hate, necessarily, but an overwhelming amount of indifference. I was also surprised to see all the Heroes&Thieves support here. I love the songs on Heroes, but the mixing hit me the wrong way, and I couldn't hear past it for 2 years. Once I could, though, I really appreciated the songs.

However, my vote's going for Rabbits!

Manny

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2012, 03:04:07 pm »
rabbits is her best work so far! but Heroes & Thieves stole my heart!

Serentic

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2012, 03:26:31 pm »

Not hate, necessarily, but an overwhelming amount of indifference. I was also surprised to see all the Heroes&Thieves support here. I love the songs on Heroes, but the mixing hit me the wrong way, and I couldn't hear past it for 2 years. Once I could, though, I really appreciated the songs.

However, my vote's going for Rabbits!

Huh! It was the first one of her albums I really connected to, actually. To each their own, I guess! (: Rabbits was a close second for me. I miss the first title though.

craft

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2012, 04:20:26 pm »
It's Heroes for me, too.  :) I think the production was a little much, but Heroes is the best so far. Lyrically speaking, Harmonium is the best, though.

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2012, 05:34:02 pm »
I picked BNN!  Controverisal I'm sure.  I just appreciate that album for what it is.  I connect with most every song on there (my sixteen year old self).  It represents a great time in my life that I will always remember fondly, even for it's teenage turmoil.  She touched me with this album and I will never forget it!
~Sara~