Author Topic: Whitney Houston  (Read 2080 times)

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
Whitney Houston
« on: February 11, 2012, 10:17:19 pm »
I just thought she deserved her own thread somewhere that we can remember her!  She was a legend and died too soon at the age of 48 :'(  RIP
What girl has not danced around to "I wanna dance with somebody" or belted out "I will always love you " even out of tune (because, come on, who can reach her pitch??)
It's very sad the turn her life took with the drug abuse and abusive husband, though there is no cause of death yet, I am assuming it's drug or alchohol related.  Her poor daughter will have enter adulthood with no mother, poor thing. 
Hopefully she has found some peace.
~Sara~

beautydivine

• Your true colors shown
  • Thanks for everything, V
    • View Profile
Re: Whitney Houston
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 10:20:21 pm »
Her passing is one of the more tragic events of this decade. And also, to pay my respect to her, has anyone checked out her achievements on her Wiki page? I'm speechless.

Houston was the most awarded female act of all time, according to Guinness World Records.[3] Her list of awards includes two Emmy Awards, six Grammy Awards, 30 Billboard Music Awards, 22 American Music Awards, among a total of 415 career awards as of 2010. Houston was also one of the world's best-selling music artists, having sold over 170 million albums, singles and videos worldwide.

joey

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - josephherbert@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Whitney Houston
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 07:27:28 am »
When I was a kid I couldn't catch a note for the life of me and my folks till date remember how I used to attempt at 'I will always love you' because I was so bad at it.

We were in the car last Tuesday night going for drive and the song came on and they still remembered all those times I used to try to sing it.

SHIT.

I feel so cranky everytime I think of her being dead.

"I see the Dalai Lama ... I feel him blessing me"

Myspace...Add me...