Author Topic: My Cover of Kate Nash's Don't You Want to Share the Guilt! C:  (Read 3321 times)

Serentic

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - serentic
    • View Profile
    • Email
My Cover of Kate Nash's Don't You Want to Share the Guilt! C:
« on: February 18, 2012, 04:06:52 pm »
Hi everyone! I'd love for all of you to listen to my cover and give me some opinions.

You can listen either here, on my SoundCloud account or here, on my tumblr.

It's really a lovely song, and it's been a favorite of mine for a long while. I'm going to try and do a cover every few days, and the next two are Adele's Make You Feel My Love and Mumford & Sons' The Cave.

Thanks so much for listening! c:
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 08:13:52 pm by Serentic »

fizzybubblespop

• Make me high on lullabies
  • http://i.imgur.com/saOJMlL.png
    • View Profile
Re: My Cover of Kate Nash's Don't You Want to Share the Guilt! C:
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 05:43:34 pm »
First of all, this is also one of my favorite songs! Funny how V links us all together in one way or another in terms of music taste. Love the power of the piano along with the emotion and tone conveyed in your vocals. Kate Nash has a very specific style that can sound silly to imitate, so making it your own was definitely a good plan!

But I must say that I was looking forward to how you would tackle her big ramble at the end, which didn't end up happening. :( Although it worked with your take on the song, I feel that something extraordinary would come of the challenge. ;)

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 06:21:41 pm »
I love Kate Nash!

This was cool. I think it would have worked better on the guitar/ukulele though (not your fault).

Serentic

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 07:08:46 pm »
First of all, this is also one of my favorite songs! Funny how V links us all together in one way or another in terms of music taste. Love the power of the piano along with the emotion and tone conveyed in your vocals. Kate Nash has a very specific style that can sound silly to imitate, so making it your own was definitely a good plan!

But I must say that I was looking forward to how you would tackle her big ramble at the end, which didn't end up happening. :( Although it worked with your take on the song, I feel that something extraordinary would come of the challenge. ;)

Thanks so much! Haha, I might redo the piano part so I can fit in the ending. I was going to finish it, but I ran out of time. I'm not sure how my 'talking' voice is going to come out against the 'singing' one, but we'll see! (:

Thanks so much!

Martin - I agree, unfortunately I don't own a uke and my guitar playing skills are fairly horrendous. :( Maybe I'll try and learn it!

fizzybubblespop

• Make me high on lullabies
  • http://i.imgur.com/saOJMlL.png
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 07:13:54 pm »

Thanks so much! Haha, I might redo the piano part so I can fit in the ending. I was going to finish it, but I ran out of time. I'm not sure how my 'talking' voice is going to come out against the 'singing' one, but we'll see! (:

Thanks so much!

Martin - I agree, unfortunately I don't own a uke and my guitar playing skills are fairly horrendous. :( Maybe I'll try and learn it!

Singing it, or really anything at all to match your version, would be very neat! Once again, it was a pleasure to listen to.  :)

Serentic

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 07:44:46 pm »

Thanks so much!

Singing it, or really anything at all to match your version, would be very neat! Once again, it was a pleasure to listen to.  :)

Awwww! I don't know if singing would work since it'd be kind of rhythmless but I'll try it out! Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it! My voice isn't top notch but I enjoy singing, so it's nice when people like what I put out. c: