Author Topic: 3/16/12 HUB Robertson Center @ Penn State  (Read 7991 times)

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
3/16/12 HUB Robertson Center @ Penn State
« on: February 28, 2012, 10:00:58 am »
10 PM.  Free to students.
..is rushing to pack his bags and take a trip to egypt like the average person does!!!

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
Re: 3/16/12 HUB Robertson Center @ Penn State
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 05:47:52 am »
You know you're desperate to see a VC show when you start to think, "It's only an eight hour drive..."

AG.

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 08:10:52 am »
Ha, or even 'it's only an eight hour flight.' I'm so jealous of the university students that could go and drop in to watch Vanessa perform. I wonder if she'll premier any new songs?

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 12:54:49 pm »
Ha, or even 'it's only an eight hour flight.' I'm so jealous of the university students that could go and drop in to watch Vanessa perform. I wonder if she'll premier any new songs?

wouldn't that be especially lucky for those students, and they wouldn't even know it! Just like last year at the college in NC when she premiered Get Good.
For those looking for proof of the performance:

http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2012/02/28/carlton_and_yellowcard_to_perform_.aspx

And I'm totally with you about rationalizing how long it will take to get there; in this case I thought it was six hours but it's only 4!  (the troy one is 3 for me) and I have both of those nights off so I'm super excited!
~Sara~

fizzybubblespop

• Make me high on lullabies
  • http://i.imgur.com/saOJMlL.png
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 02:22:13 pm »
And I'm totally with you about rationalizing how long it will take to get there; in this case I thought it was six hours but it's only 4!  (the troy one is 3 for me) and I have both of those nights off so I'm super excited!

I'm sooo jealous of you all! I live in Colorado, and V seems to stay outside a 20 hour radius from where I am. She's only come here twice, in 2002 (when I didn't know much about her, and would've been too young anyway) and in 2007, but it with other musicians and 18+. :( I just need to get my act together and fly somewhere! :D I hope you guys get to go and have fun!

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 02:46:46 pm »

I'm sooo jealous of you all! I live in Colorado, and V seems to stay outside a 20 hour radius from where I am. She's only come here twice, in 2002 (when I didn't know much about her, and would've been too young anyway) and in 2007, but it with other musicians and 18+. :( I just need to get my act together and fly somewhere! :D I hope you guys get to go and have fun!

It was definitely and experience flying to NC to see her last year.  I went by myself, got a hotel, rented a car.  It was an experience I won't forget.  Even though I was by myself it was a lot of fun, and I wasn't lonely at all.  It gave me time to reflect and really enjoy myself.  So I am all for just getting up and going.  Do it!  It is also a way to meet fellow nessaholics who you may develop bonds to last a lifetime.
~Sara~

Arwen

• View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 05:54:35 am »
Any idea on how we can figure out if non students can go? I think I almost have my husband convinced, lol.

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 06:26:51 am »
Any idea on how we can figure out if non students can go? I think I almost have my husband convinced, lol.

I added a comment on the page but I don't think it's been answered yet.. we'll probably have to call, same with the Troy one.
~Sara~

Arwen

• View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2012, 06:31:00 am »
Okay, I am going to call them around lunch time. I sent an email just now to this person who works at the HUB center: hap2@psu.edu

Edit: I just called and the girl I talked to kept saying she didn't even know anything about a Vanessa show but she didn't think you would have to be a student to go. I'll going to call back later and maybe get someone with more information.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 09:53:01 am by Arwen »

HearMyBells

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
  • So you can put your weapons down...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2012, 10:43:35 am »
My friend who's going to Penn State is going to this. She doesn't really have a particular love for Vanessa, hopefully V will win her over : )

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2012, 11:09:56 am »
My friend who's going to Penn State is going to this. She doesn't really have a particular love for Vanessa, hopefully V will win her over : )

you should ask her to record for us!  Do you think she would??  Are you able to go with her?  That would be spectacular for you!
~Sara~

Arwen

• View Profile
    • facebook
Re: Re: 3/16/12 HUB Robertson Center @ Penn State
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2012, 06:30:24 am »
No one at penn state has gotten back to me on whether outsiders can go or not :(

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

ILoveHanson

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - HansonGirl
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2012, 04:38:35 pm »
whaaaat! i'm off that day. i want to go!
*Nicole*

I'm always on the move, my heart is always on the mend

www.twitter.com/hansongirl
www.last.fm/user/ILoveHanson

WhiteHouses108

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Makemesmile108
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2012, 07:33:52 am »
Hey just to let you guys know this event was coordinated by The Student Programming Association at Penn State. I go to Penn State and I know at other events they have let outsiders in, but I am not sure about this one. Here is SPA's website if you want to call/email them and ask!! http://www.spa.psu.edu/
You're very exotic looking. Was your dad a GI?

Arwen

• View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2012, 07:55:17 am »
Hey just to let you guys know this event was coordinated by The Student Programming Association at Penn State. I go to Penn State and I know at other events they have let outsiders in, but I am not sure about this one. Here is SPA's website if you want to call/email them and ask!! http://www.spa.psu.edu/

Thanks for that link! I emailed them and they responded that you do indeed need a valid Penn State student ID to go to the show. Sucks, but I'm glad to finally get a definitive answer from someone.

To all of you lucky Penn Staters going, I hope you guys have a wonderful time!!  :)