Author Topic: Vanessa Carlton - Patience  (Read 20565 times)

Weisz

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Re: Vanessa Carlton - Patience
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2012, 07:51:00 am »
the left/right speakers audio thing its making me dizzy lol

im so excited for ANYTHING new :)  ;D
It's just me....and a drum. brmbrmbrmbrmbrbbrbrbrmmm

Still stars through a window, will they ever know this madness, madness of the

Ships On Gray Seas

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
    • Me on facebook
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2012, 09:06:02 am »
It's beautiful!  :) I'd wish it was longer than just 1 min. Soo excited for her new stuff!

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2012, 02:32:26 pm »
It's beautiful!  :) I'd wish it was longer than just 1 min. Soo excited for her new stuff!

i think it's not a "work song", i see it as a preview of what's coming from her.

craft

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2012, 03:27:01 pm »
I'm excited. Hopefully, we'll have a first single by the end of this year, or the beginning of next year.  :-\

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2012, 04:14:14 pm »
I'm in two minds whether I would like an electronic project. It would be beautifully produced either way, and I'm using KT Tunstall as my point of comparison, and Tiger Suit was artfully and masterfully created, and I'm sure Vanessa's would be the same.
It's just a very different venture and direction from where Vanessa usually strays, and what ROTR, the 'dream album' is. And also, I can't see Skye Steele and his violin on electronica music...  Whatever Patience is, however, I like what I'm hearing.

I tend to disagree with what you say about violin not fitting in on electronica.  There are electric violins that can do some neat stuff (if you're talented enough, which skye is), and he has the pedals which add effects.  That is what Vanessa said about him -- his use of the pedals, so some different sounds can come from using those.
~Sara~

lavender skies

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2012, 04:16:43 pm »
I agree with sarab originally. I like that she's experimenting, but I'll be disappointed if a new album sounds like this. It doesn't even sound like her! I am glad that she is in a good enough place that she feels like she wants to write songs/record an album.

Actually if I got best behavior, all is well and faces on this album I'd be fine if the rest was electronic.

LauraH

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2012, 04:41:17 pm »
two questions:
should this thread be moved to lyrics/songs section, and
where the hell is Kulp?!?!  He would probably be able to decipher the lyrics, he's the best!

I second this lol. He's quite good.
The song may be over, but the music never ends.

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2012, 05:49:43 pm »
Wow, this is really beautiful. I love the ethereal, dreamy feel.

As for the electronic stuff, I've really been getting into electronic music lately like Miike Snow and Phoenix. But I think whatever V does it will sound awesome.

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2012, 08:44:28 pm »

As for the electronic stuff, I've really been getting into electronic music lately like Miike Snow and Phoenix. But I think whatever V does it will sound awesome.

true enough!
~Sara~

fizzybubblespop

• Make me high on lullabies
  • http://i.imgur.com/saOJMlL.png
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2012, 11:37:00 pm »

true enough!

Yes! Those in doubt with eletronic music and V should also check out Lamb (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDT4IM6NPFI). I've gotten into them recently and they're great! ;D

Rabbits_on_the_run

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2012, 12:14:17 am »
Actually if I got best behavior, all is well and faces on this album I'd be fine if the rest was electronic.

FINALLY someone who seems to remember Best Behaviour and All Is Well. I'd do anything to have them. I think if recorded à la Rabbits that would pretty much be the best thing ever. I wouldn't care if it's recorded otherwise as long as it's studio, though :)

As for 'Patience', it kind of reminds me of In The End which needed to be in the record. But the main reasons I love Vanessa is because of her voice and her craft in creating beautiful melodies. We can't hear any of them in this little clip. I'm not worried though. This is not a preview of her album nor her new self. I completely trust her :)

AG.

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2012, 12:39:02 am »
I tend to disagree with what you say about violin not fitting in on electronica.  There are electric violins that can do some neat stuff (if you're talented enough, which skye is), and he has the pedals which add effects.  That is what Vanessa said about him -- his use of the pedals, so some different sounds can come from using those.

You know, I actually made that comment before I watched the video, and I was stunned by Skye. The stream wasn't entirely dominated by Vanessa (soundwise), and I'd never seen him work the pedals or play some of those really complicated sections. Considering that, I happily reconsider my last comment, and in truth, I guess I always consider violins to be quIte classical instrumentals, and I honestly hadn't give a thought about electric violins. What ever V makes will be thoughtfully and beautifully done I'm sure.

romoin

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • MSN Messenger - floutslemechant111@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2012, 04:05:51 am »
i don't know why but this song reminds me of something about LOTR... really like that sound

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2012, 04:11:38 am »

You know, I actually made that comment before I watched the video, and I was stunned by Skye. The stream wasn't entirely dominated by Vanessa (soundwise), and I'd never seen him work the pedals or play some of those really complicated sections. Considering that, I happily reconsider my last comment, and in truth, I guess I always consider violins to be quIte classical instrumentals, and I honestly hadn't give a thought about electric violins. What ever V makes will be thoughtfully and beautifully done I'm sure.

I hope I didn't come off angry, because I wasn't!!  I played the violin growing up so I know what it's capable of even though I could never make beautiful music.  It is such a classical instrument but people are finding ways to modernize it.  DMB's violinist uses the electric most of the time now and a girl I was in orchestra with (she was first chair) is in a band, playing the electric.  It can be very versitile if you know what you're doing!
~Sara~

AG.

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2012, 09:36:53 am »
@sarab You didn't, don't worry about it.

Do you think the snippet is the start or end or what? I think I can definitely see the instrumental as part of a longer bridge. In my mind, its quite like FWF.