NESSAholics.com™
June 26, 2017, 04:13:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Birthday information wasn't able to be converted.  If you want it public, update it here

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Artist name? O:
Boomerang - 1 (25%)
The Lucky Country - 2 (50%)
Alexander Daniels - 1 (25%)
other? Help me think of a few. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 4

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Artist Name?  (Read 2854 times)
Serentic
Just a day, just an ordinary day

serentic
View Profile Email
« on: April 27, 2012, 01:59:23 pm »

Hi guys! So I've just finished writing my first demo album. Which means that I'm eventually going to record and submit it to some place. Which means that I'm going to need a catchy name, because the last name Danieli doesn't really cut it.

Opinions, comments, questions? Help me out! Sad

edit: Oh, by the way -- if anyone's wondering, the album covers a couple of themes; primarily sleeping and dreams. I don't want to make a whole lot of comparisons since I'd like to be considered an independent artist, but Nessa's talk of magical thinking resonates with me. I think the album speaks a lot about using sleep as a method of escaping your reality. c:
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 02:06:31 pm by Serentic » Logged
fizzybubblespop
Make me high on lullabies

http://i.imgur.com/saOJMlL.png

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 02:35:11 pm »

Maybe just 'Lucky Country'?  Roll Eyes
Serentic

serentic
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 06:25:09 pm »

Maybe just 'Lucky Country'?  Roll Eyes

Maybe! c: I like either. Thank you!
[sobriquet]
Fine as dandelions

And love comes back around again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 08:38:47 am »

I dunno, but the last name Danieli kind of works for me. Why not just Danieli. Drop the first name.

But nah, I suck at naming stuff.

Floating in the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.
Serentic

serentic
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 04:46:48 pm »

I dunno, but the last name Danieli kind of works for me. Why not just Danieli. Drop the first name.

Well, I'm adopted, and my current family and I don't get along so well so when I move out I'm probably changing my last name anyhow. Sad Otherwise, I'd be inclined to agree.
fizzybubblespop

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 07:15:13 pm »

Well, I'm adopted, and my current family and I don't get along so well so when I move out I'm probably changing my last name anyhow. Sad Otherwise, I'd be inclined to agree.

In that case, why don't you look around for last names that could be used on their own as an artist title? I love the idea of just using a last name.
[sobriquet]
Fine as dandelions

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2012, 09:00:05 pm »

Can I ask what type of artist you want to project. Example, 'Lana Del Ray' was adopted because of the glamour of 60's music scene.

I think you should also think about how you'd want the industry to see you. Wink

Floating in the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.
Serentic

serentic
View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 07:05:57 am »

@Bubbles: It's possible! But I mean I don't want to pick anything to wild since I'm first and foremost going to college for genetics and biology majors. Music is a side project -- if I make it, great. If not, I need a fallback. xD

@Sobriquet: Of course! I'm more modern than Lana Del Ray I think -- my music is based primarily on piano, violin, cello and drums. I take a lot of influence from the current Australian and old Kyoto Japanese styles of music.
I love her name. xD And I agree, I need to be marketable.
fizzybubblespop

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2012, 01:58:00 pm »

There's a lot of very simple, yet nice-sounding last names that could work. Cheesy I like what was said about Lana Del Ray's stage name as well.
[sobriquet]
Fine as dandelions

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2012, 10:20:36 pm »

... Then some people are just lucky, as if they are born to be artist out in the industry, like V. Can you imagine just going with your real name.  Cheesy

Serentic

serentic
View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2012, 12:16:04 pm »

... Then some people are just lucky, as if they are born to be artist out in the industry, like V. Can you imagine just going with your real name.  Cheesy

Vanessa Carlton. Regina Spektor. Amy Winehouse. ASL:KDJALSKDJ some people just have nice names. xD
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: