Author Topic: 10-27-12 Trask Coliseum -Wilmington, North Carolina  (Read 9781 times)

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 10:13:40 pm by eclv »
..is rushing to pack his bags and take a trip to egypt like the average person does!!!

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
Re: 10-27-12 Trask Coliseum -Wilmington, North Carolina
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 04:36:47 am »
Praise Veysus!! I am so down! My sis even lives in Wilmington!

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 04:45:34 pm »
I just might be able to swing this!  it's my  weekend off and I already have requested monday off from work! woot woot

and it's with an ORCHESTRA!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 04:47:48 pm by sarab »
~Sara~

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 05:18:58 pm »
I just might be able to swing this!  it's my  weekend off and I already have requested monday off from work! woot woot

By the love of everyone, please DO! :D  and please, please, please, do record it. I'm dying to hear the awesomeness.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

SunflowerLeah

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 06:33:47 pm »
I might get to attend this concert! I'll keep checking back for more info, how exciting!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 12:47:39 pm by SunflowerLeah »

Arwen

• View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 04:36:53 am »
I just might be able to swing this!  it's my  weekend off and I already have requested monday off from work! woot woot

Yay!!!

Also, I wonder when tickets are going to be available??
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 06:30:00 am by Arwen »

SunflowerLeah

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2012, 01:03:32 pm »
I googled and it took me to the chords for a cause facebook, and this was posted.

...and finally, Chords for a Cause is pleased and proud to announce that this year's second co-headliner for the 2012 signature event on 27 October 2012 at Trask Coliseum is.....Vanessa Carlton with the Wilmington Symphony Orchestra!!!! Tickets will be on sale in August, but tune here and at www.chordsforacause.com for contests and advance ticket sale details. Rock on!!!!!

They say that someone else will be preforming as well, but if she is only doing a few songs, I might just skip out on this one... if anyone finds out how long this event is / how many songs she'll be preforming, that would be deeply appreciated, thanks!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 01:07:20 pm by SunflowerLeah »

Arwen

• View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2012, 02:06:03 pm »
Thanks!

Idk, they say she's "co-headlining" so that gives me a little bit of hope that she will be doing more than a couple songs. Maybe once it gets closer we will be able to find out how long her set will be.

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2012, 04:12:55 pm »
Thanks!

Idk, they say she's "co-headlining" so that gives me a little bit of hope that she will be doing more than a couple songs. Maybe once it gets closer we will be able to find out how long her set will be.

I agree. the "co-headlining" would mean a full set to me.  Even when she opened for Matt last year she played a lot of songs.  I double checked my schedule and I have this weekend off!!!!!!  I'm going to look into transportation to figure out the logistics so as soon as tickets are available I'll be purchasing!
~Sara~

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2012, 01:06:54 am »
Have fun whoever can make it.

I can't wait to hear more new material from her. That "Take It Easy" song sounds promising.

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2012, 12:31:31 pm »
THis website has finally updated for me.  Every time I looked at it, it would never say anything about Vanessa.  Now it does!  I find this tidbit interesting

Stay tuned to Chords for a Cause and our sponsors, Wilmington Health, Sunny 104.5 FM and z107.5 FM for more information on advance ticket sales and promotions.

Arwen, maybe your sister could check the radio out for you and win some tickets or something, wouldn't that be amazing!!??  I will try to listen to their stream as much as I can, but I imagine there won't be too much on there now about it, maybe some time in august?  Do you plan on going?  I do! I can't wait!
~Sara~

Arwen

• View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2012, 07:28:28 am »
THis website has finally updated for me.  Every time I looked at it, it would never say anything about Vanessa.  Now it does!  I find this tidbit interesting

Stay tuned to Chords for a Cause and our sponsors, Wilmington Health, Sunny 104.5 FM and z107.5 FM for more information on advance ticket sales and promotions.

Arwen, maybe your sister could check the radio out for you and win some tickets or something, wouldn't that be amazing!!??  I will try to listen to their stream as much as I can, but I imagine there won't be too much on there now about it, maybe some time in august?  Do you plan on going?  I do! I can't wait!

Yes, I am going and I am even more excited now after hearing about those shows this weekend! I can't wait either!

SunflowerLeah

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2012, 04:53:52 pm »
Does anyone happen to know how the cost for an event like this? Since it's for charity, I have a feeling the price will be outrageous = me not being able to go. Luckily it's a few months away so I can save money for tickets! (But I'm still curious on the price, if anyone has any idea) Thanks!

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2012, 06:15:24 pm »
Just ordered my ticket!  floor seat, row f seat 32.  I imagine I'll be in the middle somewhere.  The ticket was 40, with tax/fees came to 45.30, not too bad considering it's for charity, I was expecting something outrageous as well.  It does cost more money to have a ticket sent to you, will call and printing at home are free.  Who's coming with me?!
I've been looking into the area a little bit and decided I am going to fly in, rent a car and stay at a hotel near the beach so I can do some sun bathing and site seeing.  I love the ocean, so a day there is a day in heaven for me.

~Sara~

Arwen

• View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2012, 10:00:52 pm »
Yay! Mine is row f, seat 27!