Author Topic: Home (V Cover!)  (Read 3667 times)

Serentic

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - serentic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Home (V Cover!)
« on: July 26, 2012, 06:10:48 pm »
Hi everyone!

Just something I did today. c:

http://soundcloud.com/serentic/home

Please listen for me!

BY THE WAY A QUICK NOTE: I'm a senior this year, which means that in six days I will begin applying to a bunch of colleges. I'm going in as either a Music, English or Bio major... and for music, a lot of the schools require sort of a 'recorded artist portfolio' which includes a stage name. My last name is.. heavily Italian and not very pretty, so I was thinking of anglicizing it to Alexander Daniels - but that's also really boring, so my other choices were Boomerang or The Lucky Country. If anybody likes one of those or has an awesome name for me to use, I'd love to hear it. Thank you so much!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 06:14:35 pm by Serentic »

AG.

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Home (V Cover!)
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 12:46:12 am »
I really like your cover, particularly how you incorporated little bits of the string arrangements into the piano, and the slight vocal changes on some of the phrases. Nice sounding piano too l, real depth of some of the chords. I'll edit back if I can think of any names.

Serentic

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 06:43:49 am »
I really like your cover, particularly how you incorporated little bits of the string arrangements into the piano, and the slight vocal changes on some of the phrases. Nice sounding piano too l, real depth of some of the chords. I'll edit back if I can think of any names.

Thanks so much! I might redo some of the vocals as my throat's a bit sore (especially in the beginning of the song) but I'm glad you liked it!

beautydivine

• Your true colors shown
  • Thanks for everything, V
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 06:32:10 pm »
Honestly, I think your username "Serentic" would make a nice stage name!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 06:40:44 pm by beautydivine »

Serentic

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 06:53:40 pm »
Honestly, I think your username "Serentic" would make a nice stage name!

Thank you! I like it too -- it's just that I was checking around, and apparently it's the name of a metal band. I'm not sure what the rules for that are, but I've never seen two artists/bands with the same name, so...

I'm keeping it in the mix. (:

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2012, 12:56:32 am »
Hi, Serentic! Appreciate the cover :D A suggestion though: have you tried to transposing the key to lessen the strain especially in the first part? No offence meant, just wanna help you :)

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

Serentic

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2012, 05:41:04 am »
Hi, Serentic! Appreciate the cover :D A suggestion though: have you tried to transposing the key to lessen the strain especially in the first part? No offence meant, just wanna help you :)

I thought about that, but it's really not a matter of being out of my range - I just recorded it in the morning with a sore throat, so.. you know how that goes. Especially bad as a teenage guy with his voice cracking. xD

I'll rerecord the first verse or so soon and if that doesn't work, I'll switch from C to G - that normally fixes it for me.