Author Topic: New Album- Euphoria?!  (Read 222929 times)

KULPDOGG

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
Re: New Album- Euphoria?!
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2013, 11:19:24 am »
OMG DUH!!!!!!!

THANKS Vanessa for the personal message. LOL

The correct lyrics for that line in House of Seven Swords is "Let your eyes see hidden things"

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 11:38:05 am by KULPDOGG »

Harmonium

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2013, 11:35:37 am »
Awesome! I still really can't believe a new album is in the making.
And im so happy Money Maker still seem to be on it.
Really curious about that one!
From the live songs we already heard,
I have high hope that this album is going to top ROTR:)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 11:37:42 am by Harmonium »

VaderDawsn

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2013, 02:25:47 am »
In the article just posted on twitter a potential song list was revealed!!  An astute Phantom Friend on facebook realized it, I just scrolled right past it in the photos section... I'm not tech savvy enough to get the photo to fit here, but the list is:

Patience
7 Swords
Unlock the Lock
Take it Easy
The Only Way
Do it
Let it go
Cold Young Heart
Never Together
Moneymaker

very good interview, tons of pics, and new little insights to V's world.

Ooh! What an awesome Easter Egg to find!  ;D
-Samantha

For me it's a glance
And a smile on your face
A touch of your hands
An honest embrace - VC, Home

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2013, 12:36:40 pm »
i've just watched the video and i'm so proud of myself for having seen the setlist. haha
i'm sooo excited. all the titles are mysterious and i can totally see mythological and shamanic influences on them.
i love the background song and it reminds me a bit of patience (in a different key).

ps.: "back to life" was dropped out or it never was a song? hahaha

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2013, 08:35:34 pm »
I got a feeling that the background music was played by V. By the sound quality, the background music sounds like something that is  recorded in a videocam then just ripped. I think it was ripped from the clip of her playing the piano in the video.

As for the blackboard, I really wonder if she did it on purpose. If she did, why? She was never this open when it comes to tracks before.

But I am happy nonetheless.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

sarab

• Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2013, 01:03:06 am »
I think that she uses the board in her creative process and the photograpgher just went around taking Pics... she may not even have realized that it was taken at first
~Sara~

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2013, 01:11:05 am »
I think that she uses the board in her creative process and the photograpgher just went around taking Pics... she may not even have realized that it was taken at first

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe this is an unintentional leak. I mean, I am happy that we already know pretty much everything about the record, but I'd rather have it from V herself, knowing that it would be with her consent. And besides, I think the mystery of the tracklist before the album release adds more excitement to the wait.

Oh, well. What's done is done, so we should just live with it.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

cassiemoy

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2013, 01:41:11 am »
i suspect she doesn't even consider the notion that we might be terribly interested in every part of the process.
formerly fish_for__stars.

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2013, 06:23:45 am »
i suspect she doesn't even consider the notion that we might be terribly interested in every part of the process.

i agree. i think she doesn't know how crazy we are. haha. but she probably authorized it. if she didn't, i guess it wouldn't be still there.

I got a feeling that the background music was played by V. By the sound quality, the background music sounds like something that is  recorded in a videocam then just ripped. I think it was ripped from the clip of her playing the piano in the video.

yeah, i think she was playing it live too. it doesn't sound "pop-dance" to me haha, but i'm sure the final version will. :)

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2013, 07:33:02 pm »

i agree. i think she doesn't know how crazy we are. haha. but she probably authorized it. if she didn't, i guess it wouldn't be still there.

yeah, i think she was playing it live too. it doesn't sound "pop-dance" to me haha, but i'm sure the final version will. :)

uhhh, I don't think vanessa will ever do "pop" anything.  electronica and pop are different to me.   I can stand electronica stuff -- like the songs she has posted on twitter.  but to be "pop" (CRJ, britney, christina, and whoever else is out there these days)...that is just not her. from what i can say about her, as I don't knwo her personally.  haha

~Sara~

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2013, 02:30:58 pm »
I got a feeling that the background music was played by V. By the sound quality, the background music sounds like something that is  recorded in a videocam then just ripped. I think it was ripped from the clip of her playing the piano in the video.

uhhh, I don't think vanessa will ever do "pop" anything.  electronica and pop are different to me.   I can stand electronica stuff -- like the songs she has posted on twitter.  but to be "pop" (CRJ, britney, christina, and whoever else is out there these days)...that is just not her. from what i can say about her, as I don't knwo her personally.  haha

i'm sure she's not gonna do anything like britney or christina or whatever. i just used the term she used to describe what she has been doing. it's obviously gonna sound more like mansions on the moon, youth lagoon, grimes and etc.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 02:35:23 pm by Fred_Saboya »

williansouza908

« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2013, 06:48:11 pm »
I not can wait to see patience 7 swords & take it easy I think that this not will be dance pop

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2013, 01:25:52 pm »
I not can wait to see patience 7 swords & take it easy I think that this not will be dance pop

that's what vanessa said, guys.

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2013, 05:22:48 pm »

pop? not so sure about that.  electronica/dance.  yes, I remember that.  There is very much a difference. to me.
~Sara~

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2013, 04:04:47 pm »

pop? not so sure about that.  electronica/dance.  yes, I remember that.  There is very much a difference. to me.

"electronic dance-pop".
http://www.theprophetblog.net/vanessa-carlton-goes-dance-pop-for-next-album
http://atrl.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219069
http://www.echodust.com/2012/05/vanessa-carlton-to-record-dance-album.html