Author Topic: 8-10-12 Six Flags Fiesta in San Antonio, TX! (review)  (Read 7066 times)

tricia

• Moderators
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Trust me, I'm a doctor.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
8-10-12 Six Flags Fiesta in San Antonio, TX! (review)
« on: August 10, 2012, 05:45:48 pm »
So I ended up going.  V was awesome as always but as I said before Six Flags is not the perfect V venue.  Pics and details to come, but for now, setlist.

Carousel
Who's To Say
Tall Tales For Spring
Get Good
White Houses
Fairweather Friend
I Don't Want To Be A Bride
Hear the Bells
London
A Thousand Miles
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 03:19:09 am by tricia »
I think you underestimate the level of my sneakiness

tricia

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: 7-17-12 Six Flags Fiesta in San Antonio, TX!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 06:48:36 pm »

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 08:30:24 pm »
GREAT! Thanks for the pics!

BTW do you happen to have any videos? Ari was there and I was hoping some clear version with guitar instead of the usual violin.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

tricia

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: 7-17-12 Six Flags Fiesta in San Antonio, TX! (review)
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 03:18:42 am »
No video

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2012, 09:06:17 am »
GREAT! Thanks for the pics!

BTW do you happen to have any videos? Ari was there and I was hoping some clear version with guitar instead of the usual violin.

I know where there are some nice clear ones ;)

I am so glad you went PT!! Beautiful photos. Thanks.

tricia

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: 8-10-12 Six Flags Fiesta in San Antonio, TX! (review)
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2012, 10:18:49 am »
Nice videos??? You'll have to let me know.  I'm glad I was able to sit so close.  She totally saw me singing like back in the Twilight days lol

AG.

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2012, 10:52:35 am »
Loving the pictures, she looks particularly radiant on the last one. I'm sure she appreciated you singing along, and thanks for the setlist.

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re: 8-10-12 Six Flags Fiesta in San Antonio, TX! (review)
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2012, 07:44:00 pm »
I meant nice clear ones from last years tour.

Fun times we had for sure!!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2012, 07:46:11 pm »
Ari is so hot! haha
..is rushing to pack his bags and take a trip to egypt like the average person does!!!

saphire

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2012, 11:42:11 pm »
Ari is so hot! haha

I'm so happy that I'm not the only one who is thinking this everytime he appears on a picture ;D
The unicorns are riding high
Powerful in coats of white
I turn to look and burn my eyes
I carry on, I carry on

KULPDOGG

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2012, 05:29:28 am »
great pics!! thanks! =)

tricia

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2012, 05:10:29 am »
I didn't get off work until after 3, and then there were two accidents on the way home, so by the time I got home, it was like 4. We didn't actually leave the house until sometime after that, and by the time we got the park, it was 445. And of course, there's a sign posted outside that they stop giving out wristbands (necessary for a seat at the show) at 5 at some office INSIDE the park. Why they can't put this on their website, I don't know. So we park, pay, go through bag check, and run to that office (at 5:03) and they have no wristbands, but said there were plenty left and that they'd be at the gate. We get to the gate, no wristbands. However, it was 105 and we'd just been informed the show was delayed by 30 minutes because Vanessa's plane was late, and some girl was so irritated by the sweating that she decided to leave and gave us her wristbands. Score!!!!!!

As we're waiting in line, we notice Texas weather starts happening. Meaning huge nasty clouds are rolling in. They let us in the ampitheater at 530 and we sit in the fourth row center. And then comes the wind. Like broke a huge thick branch off a tree wind. I later found out that the gusts were 40-50 mph. Then came the lightning and the shut down of all rides in the park. Then came the horizontal rain. The crew covered everything with tarps and we worried that the show would be cancelled, but the ampitheather was covered, so they said the show would most likely go on as soon as the wind stopped. The wind finally stopped around 625 and not 5 minutes later Vanessa came out.

of course, the concert was awesome, because she's a talented musician. The crowd sucked though. Like the majority of people didn't even recognize her when she came walking out. The people behind me were like "is that her???" "no that's not her" and I was like "ARE YOU KIDDING ME????" I feel like some people came to wait out the storm because a number of people left once the rides appeared to be operational again around 715. She jumped straight into Carousel with a bit of an intro from Learning to Fly which was cool. She didn't talk too much with the crowd, but we did get the snippets about recording with hobbits and wizards. Before I Don't Want to be a Bride she talked about how she was hosting her friend's wedding on Sunday so don't think she's anti-marriage because she supports "all marriage" which was cool. She totally got interrupted by a baby crying and said that's how she felt at some points during the recording process. But who brings a baby to Six Flags...and a concert? Anyway, she totally lost it during ATM and was like "I've played this song thousands of times...how do I forget it?" but she picked up where she left off and finished the set.

It was kind of a bummer that I was the only person singing along during any song except ATM, and even then, only 10-20 other people seemed to know that one. Some of them knew that it was in White Chicks, but that was about it. I really hope she'll do a real tour soon because those shows are so much better than the atmosphere and crowd at this one. Oh well...at least the weather cooled down (to 75!) and I got to see Vanessa again!

Edouard

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2012, 02:01:21 pm »
She was so beautiful, as always! :D
Nice pics!

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2012, 05:13:55 pm »
thanks for sharing your story tricia!  Sounds like it was quite a time to actually GET in! poor thing!  At least you did.  Too bad about the crowd, at least you had those expectations going in so you weren't too disappointed.  I hope she starts to play more intimate venues as well.  she really shines when it's a small group of people who actually WANT to see just HER!
~Sara~

tricia

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2012, 07:46:36 am »
Thanks for the kind words y'all.

Sorry to be a jerk right now, but here goes: to whomever stole these pictures which I intended to share with my friends here and put them on your fan site without crediting me and then had the audacity to add your watermark to MY PHOTOS, you are a total jackass.  That's a super shady thing to do and you make me never want to share my pictures with anyone else.  You obviously know who took the photos and it's pretty easy to give credit when credit is due.  Either credit me and remove the watermark, or take the pictures down.  I want people to be able to enjoy them, but you shouldn't pass the work of others as your own and then tell people they can't use the pictures without giving YOU credit.  Ridiculous.