Author Topic: If only I were older: anyone else feel this way?  (Read 8344 times)

jpmsull

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
  • In the end / we begin again
    • View Profile
If only I were older: anyone else feel this way?
« on: August 11, 2012, 02:27:40 pm »
Since I'm a really young Nessaholic, if only I were older, I could have at LEAST gone to the Harmonium tour as a child, and then been old enough get MYSELF to Heroes & Thieves and RotR. Are there any other younger Nessaholics out there that feel this way? I'm pretty upset that I couldn't go to RotR, either. Like, it's been a while and it STILL kills me. I'm fifteen. Hit me up if you're young and want to talk about feels! <3

-JP

I walk the street with this song in my head / we ebb and we flow so

cassiemoy

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: If only I were older: anyone else feel this way?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 09:08:47 am »
i was 15 during the H&T era, and harmonium was my favorite album ever at that time (still ranks up there). i remember haunting these boards all the time being terribly disappointed that i had been too young for harmonium-era shows. i'd also felt/still feel disappointed that i missed v's time of more frequent and consistent shows. so i feel ya.
formerly fish_for__stars.

jpmsull

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 11:23:21 am »
i was 15 during the H&T era, and harmonium was my favorite album ever at that time (still ranks up there). i remember haunting these boards all the time being terribly disappointed that i had been too young for harmonium-era shows. i'd also felt/still feel disappointed that i missed v's time of more frequent and consistent shows. so i feel ya.

Ahh, thanks. Yep, still trolling these boards, waiting until I can finally go to a show, haha. :)

tricia

• Moderators
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Trust me, I'm a doctor.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 05:29:18 am »
Fortunately I was 18 during the BnN days, so I've been to some good shows.  Keep your chins up you young whippersnappers and your time will come.  Totally worth the wait.
I think you underestimate the level of my sneakiness

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 02:20:06 pm »
my advice is that when you are old enough, don't be afraid to go by yourself.  I've been doing a lot of traveling lately to see vanessa and I've been going by myself.  I missed a lot of concerts (not necessarily vanessa) in the past because I didn't want to go by myself. These days I realize that there are lots of people to meet and things to discover on your own!  I have lots of fun!
~Sara~

jpmsull

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 04:04:16 pm »
Fortunately I was 18 during the BnN days, so I've been to some good shows.  Keep your chins up you young whippersnappers and your time will come.  Totally worth the wait.

Thanks! :)

my advice is that when you are old enough, don't be afraid to go by yourself.  I've been doing a lot of traveling lately to see vanessa and I've been going by myself.  I missed a lot of concerts (not necessarily vanessa) in the past because I didn't want to go by myself. These days I realize that there are lots of people to meet and things to discover on your own!  I have lots of fun!

Good point. :)

Serentic

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - serentic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2012, 07:27:18 pm »
I just turned seventeen (yesterday, actually!) and I know exactly what you're talking about. I remember I was on the old official forums stalking the concert threads for Heroes and Thieves (I actually didn't particularly like Harmonium, so I wasn't exactly a fan then) waiting for Nessa to come close enough to where I live so that I could see her as well. Never happened, but oh well. (: Just got my license so I suppose I'll be seeing her soon enough.

Onyx

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
  • Let's make this our story
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2012, 09:06:19 pm »
I know how you feel, during the Harmonium era she did 3 shows in my state, and one of those shows was less than 10 minutes away from my house :'( But I was 15 when I got to go to my first show last October (It's almost been a year already?!?)  Anyway I'm 16 now and have my license. Hopefully I will be able to go to a show by myself or with some friends.

Edouard

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2012, 02:02:58 pm »
I'm 15 years old.
When ATM was a hit, I was playing lego.