NESSAholics.com™
June 24, 2017, 07:35:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Birthday information wasn't able to be converted.  If you want it public, update it here

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: If only I were older: anyone else feel this way?  (Read 4401 times)
jpmsull
You're a Genuine Wannabe

In the end / we begin again

View Profile
« on: August 11, 2012, 02:27:40 pm »

Since I'm a really young Nessaholic, if only I were older, I could have at LEAST gone to the Harmonium tour as a child, and then been old enough get MYSELF to Heroes & Thieves and RotR. Are there any other younger Nessaholics out there that feel this way? I'm pretty upset that I couldn't go to RotR, either. Like, it's been a while and it STILL kills me. I'm fifteen. Hit me up if you're young and want to talk about feels! <3

-JP

I walk the street with this song in my head / we ebb and we flow so
cassiemoy
Your true colors shown

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 09:08:47 am »

i was 15 during the H&T era, and harmonium was my favorite album ever at that time (still ranks up there). i remember haunting these boards all the time being terribly disappointed that i had been too young for harmonium-era shows. i'd also felt/still feel disappointed that i missed v's time of more frequent and consistent shows. so i feel ya.

formerly fish_for__stars.
jpmsull
You're a Genuine Wannabe

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 11:23:21 am »

i was 15 during the H&T era, and harmonium was my favorite album ever at that time (still ranks up there). i remember haunting these boards all the time being terribly disappointed that i had been too young for harmonium-era shows. i'd also felt/still feel disappointed that i missed v's time of more frequent and consistent shows. so i feel ya.

Ahh, thanks. Yep, still trolling these boards, waiting until I can finally go to a show, haha. Smiley

tricia
Moderators
Keepin' secrets at midnight

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 05:29:18 am »

Fortunately I was 18 during the BnN days, so I've been to some good shows.  Keep your chins up you young whippersnappers and your time will come.  Totally worth the wait.

I think you underestimate the level of my sneakiness
sarab
You never thought it'd hurt so bad

Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 02:20:06 pm »

my advice is that when you are old enough, don't be afraid to go by yourself.  I've been doing a lot of traveling lately to see vanessa and I've been going by myself.  I missed a lot of concerts (not necessarily vanessa) in the past because I didn't want to go by myself. These days I realize that there are lots of people to meet and things to discover on your own!  I have lots of fun!

~Sara~
jpmsull
You're a Genuine Wannabe

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 04:04:16 pm »

Fortunately I was 18 during the BnN days, so I've been to some good shows.  Keep your chins up you young whippersnappers and your time will come.  Totally worth the wait.

Thanks! Smiley

my advice is that when you are old enough, don't be afraid to go by yourself.  I've been doing a lot of traveling lately to see vanessa and I've been going by myself.  I missed a lot of concerts (not necessarily vanessa) in the past because I didn't want to go by myself. These days I realize that there are lots of people to meet and things to discover on your own!  I have lots of fun!

Good point. Smiley

Serentic
Just a day, just an ordinary day

serentic
View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2012, 07:27:18 pm »

I just turned seventeen (yesterday, actually!) and I know exactly what you're talking about. I remember I was on the old official forums stalking the concert threads for Heroes and Thieves (I actually didn't particularly like Harmonium, so I wasn't exactly a fan then) waiting for Nessa to come close enough to where I live so that I could see her as well. Never happened, but oh well. (: Just got my license so I suppose I'll be seeing her soon enough.
Onyx
Just a day, just an ordinary day

Let's make this our story

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2012, 09:06:19 pm »

I know how you feel, during the Harmonium era she did 3 shows in my state, and one of those shows was less than 10 minutes away from my house Cry But I was 15 when I got to go to my first show last October (It's almost been a year already?!?)  Anyway I'm 16 now and have my license. Hopefully I will be able to go to a show by myself or with some friends.

Edouard
You're a Genuine Wannabe

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2012, 02:02:58 pm »

I'm 15 years old.
When ATM was a hit, I was playing lego.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: