Author Topic: New Album...expectations?  (Read 4925 times)

jpmsull

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
  • In the end / we begin again
    • View Profile
New Album...expectations?
« on: August 11, 2012, 02:56:25 pm »
So since we're 90% sure Vanessa's next album will be dance-ish pop (I can't find the link to the article rn), do you think when she tours for it that she'll also play acoustic? Just thinking thinky-thoughts.

I walk the street with this song in my head / we ebb and we flow so

LauraH

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
Re: New Album...expectations?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 04:05:13 pm »
So since we're 90% sure Vanessa's next album will be dance-ish pop (I can't find the link to the article rn), do you think when she tours for it that she'll also play acoustic? Just thinking thinky-thoughts.

Can we move this thread to the correct place?
The song may be over, but the music never ends.

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 12:12:05 am »
I have no expectations for this album; I think that's the best way to approach it. The songs she's played so far are gorgeous, however, and it'll be interesting to see how well they translate in the studio. Since she's working with Steve again, I'm sure they'll be great.

HearMyBells

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
  • So you can put your weapons down...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 03:41:57 am »
If she approaches electronic music like Ellie Goulding is for her new album, I think it's going to be a showstopper.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vfDXEdOLnY Regardless if its softer or dub-step style I'll love it!

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2012, 04:32:00 am »
i think she'll continue to do acoustic sets.  I think it will sound more like htb and the patience song she posted a clip of.  I did not like the lights album, so i really hope it's not like that. my opinion.
~Sara~

jpmsull

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
  • In the end / we begin again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2012, 08:40:20 am »
I have no expectations for this album; I think that's the best way to approach it. The songs she's played so far are gorgeous, however, and it'll be interesting to see how well they translate in the studio. Since she's working with Steve again, I'm sure they'll be great.

I agree! I'm sure it'll be great and I'm glad she'll be working with Steve again. And I also think the teasers have been gorgeous!

i think she'll continue to do acoustic sets.  I think it will sound more like htb and the patience song she posted a clip of.  I did not like the lights album, so i really hope it's not like that. my opinion.

I think I hope that it will be in the direction/vein of HtB, Patience, and the other teaser. I think that direction would be really cool to explore and listen to. I think my worry mainly lies in the fact that, since I'm young and have yet to see her live, I really hope that when I do the setlist will be pretty extensive and will include previous albums and acoustics, regardless of what the new album (tentatively titled Euphoria, I think?) moves towards. So basically, I'm sure I'll love the new album, wherever it goes, I just hope that when she tours for it the setlist is broad.

I walk the street with this song in my head / we ebb and we flow so