Author Topic: Deer Tick continue their Brooklyn Bowl residency w/ special guests (VC)  (Read 5635 times)

dvaldivia08

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
Deer Tick will complete their 2012 Brooklyn Bowl residency in NYC tonight (12/19).
Article: http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2012/12/deer_tick_conti.html

At last week's show (12/12), the band was joined by support from Viking Moses and a solo set from Deer Tick guitarist Ian O'Neil (who earlier that day told us his 'best of 2012'). At that show the band focused their energies on The Black Dirt Sessions and the sillier Holy Shit it's Christmas EP. And there was even more to end the show:

After running through both those recordings as the main part of their set, Deer Tick returned for two encore segments; the second segment closed with segue from "Sink or Swim" into "Sleep Walk" and "La Bamba." Members of Deer Tick play in the side-project Diamond Rugs with Steve Berlin, whose group Los Lobos scored their mainstream breakout hit by covering the song. Their encores also included "Friday XIII," "Unwed Fathers," "Dirty Dishes," "Cheap Sunglasses," "Baltimore Blues No. 1," "Nevada," In addition, pop singer/songwriter Vanessa Carlton and regular Deer Tick collaborator Liz Isenberg both sang with the band on a few songs. Carlton joined Deer Tick for "Choir of Angles," "Piece By Piece," "Sad Sun" and "Unwed Fathers" while Isenberg appeared on "When She Comes Home," "Choir of Angles," "Piece By Piece," "Sad Sun" and "Friday XIII." During last week's Bowl show, the members of Deer Tick pulled a fan out of the audience to sing Isenberg's parts on "Friday XIII." -[Jambands]

And after surfing instagram, Based on some pics, it seems that she's been traveling with them
-True happiness can be achieved if at this moment, we declare we don't need anything more than what we have now.

saphire

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
Re: Deer Tick continue their Brooklyn Bowl residency w/ special guests (VC)
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 03:23:10 pm »
here is a video where she is singing with the band O.O

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-YixU1w8kM

Why havn't we realized this earlier o.O?
The unicorns are riding high
Powerful in coats of white
I turn to look and burn my eyes
I carry on, I carry on

AG.

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 03:37:25 pm »
Thanks for finding this, I had no idea she was out with another band. If I'm not wrong she tweeted about this band a few weeks ago (?) I was just looking for a video as you posted it, good minds think alike :)

Vanessa, if you're reading this, please tell us about these kind of things on Twitter. We like to know what you're up to.

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 01:51:23 pm »
Thanks for finding this, I had no idea she was out with another band. If I'm not wrong she tweeted about this band a few weeks ago (?) I was just looking for a video as you posted it, good minds think alike :)

Vanessa, if you're reading this, please tell us about these kind of things on Twitter. We like to know what you're up to.

really!  I'm glad she is out and about, and yes, it would be nice to have some news of this.  nothing from razor and tie or "management" either?  Seems odd.  I've never heard of that band, I will have to check out video.  thanks for finding it.  can you post the pics here or a link on how to get to them?

edit: i see that the article link has some pics
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 01:55:00 pm by sarab »
~Sara~

Onyx

• Let's make this our story
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 11:13:57 pm »
Vanessa re-tweeted this :

Julia Stiles‏@MissJuliaStiles
Vagina monologues? #deertick pic.twitter.com/7m6mHHhe
Retweeted by Vanessa Carlton

AG.

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2013, 04:51:26 am »
Pictures from the article:

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2013, 08:28:13 am »
brilliant discovery. thank you guys so much. yes, it's kinda odd we haven't found this out earlier.

and she's standing up! this is awesome

KULPDOGG

• View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2013, 12:08:35 pm »
here is a video where she is singing with the band O.O

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-YixU1w8kM

Why havn't we realized this earlier o.O?

can anyone please find more full videos of the other songs she sang in?

I would like to have a recording of each one if possible...

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2013, 12:11:07 am »
I just saw that tweet too someone on twitter thinks that the Blonde is Julia but I don't think it is. Kulp I looked for vids on you tube but didn't find anything
~Sara~

Weisz

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2013, 08:35:56 am »
I just saw that tweet too someone on twitter thinks that the Blonde is Julia but I don't think it is. Kulp I looked for vids on you tube but didn't find anything
The person in the picture has a beard, so I don't think it's Julia. I think it's the man in the picture above playing the guitar.
lol!! i think she means the pic that Julia posted, this one https://twitter.com/MissJuliaStiles/status/285588749742637059/photo/1 and no, thats not Julia Stiles for sure. lol
It's just me....and a drum. brmbrmbrmbrmbrbbrbrbrmmm

Still stars through a window, will they ever know this madness, madness of the

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2013, 12:32:21 pm »
The person in the picture has a beard, so I don't think it's Julia. I think it's the man in the picture above playing the guitar.
lol!! i think she means the pic that Julia posted, this one https://twitter.com/MissJuliaStiles/status/285588749742637059/photo/1 and no, thats not Julia Stiles for sure. lol

I was looking at in on my kindle, so I couldn't say 100%! haha
~Sara~

Onyx

• Let's make this our story
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2013, 02:31:26 pm »
That is the picture I was talking about  :D To me, that person in the picture looks like the man in the band.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 02:35:06 pm by Onyx »