Author Topic: January 12 2013 Columbus theatre  (Read 11041 times)

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
January 12 2013 Columbus theatre
« on: January 10, 2013, 03:31:53 pm »
Columbus Theatre ‏@ColumbusTheatre

Another great addition to our lineup for Saturday's benefit show! Yes indeed, @vanessacarlton will also be joining us. http://bpt.me/316210
Retweeted by Vanessa Carlton

http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/316210
~Sara~

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
Re: January 12 2013 Columbus theatre
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 02:15:25 pm »
Hopefully she plays some new tracks? :D

Manny

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 03:09:13 pm »
I am going :)

williansouza908

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 05:33:35 pm »
I also hope she play music new would be a great surprise

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 11:05:54 pm »
~Sara~

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2013, 11:13:17 am »
wait, she's performing with the band "deertick" again or she's playing her own songs?

from her twitter:

Playin a benefit tmrw night in Providence! At the Columbus Theatre w John & Ian of @deertickmusic , Smoota & Caroline Hecht. Come out! X

« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 12:56:42 pm by Fred_Saboya »

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2013, 11:14:34 am »
please, somebody record it. i beg you. haha :)

williansouza908

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2013, 12:42:06 pm »
I also i hope recordings

williansouza908

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2013, 10:38:17 pm »
what was the setlist

Manny

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2013, 11:52:32 am »
She played: Carousel, Take it Easy, 7 swords, White Houses and Tall tales for Spring.

So here’s my experience about the show: Before I left my house I recorded on a DVD the tribute videos that Ashley and I have made for her, I also took a bracelet that I bought in  Guatemala for no reason before coming to Providence and a picture of the cover of ROTR that I made on wood. I had the hope to give her those things.  I was one of the first ones to arrive at the venue, there was like 20 people when I got there and they let us in a few minutes after I go there.  The show didn’t take place where I thought it was gonna and the place was kinda of small but very intimate so I sat on the first row, right in front of the piano.  The show started right on time at 8:00 pm and there were people talking before the show about the purpose of it, the major was there as well.  The show would out and there were around 250 people there. The first performer of the night was really good, she sang around 4 songs but Don’t remember her name. The next one was Ian O’neil, the crowd was really paying attention and everyone was enjoying the show.  I started talking to the people that were sitting next to me, they were kinda of drunk but nice.  And right when Ian was performing Vanessa came out and was standing next to the stage. It was unbelievable and excited. I sincerely couldn’t believe it, so many emotions going.  I am sure those who have seen her have felt the same way.  So I told the guys sitting next to me that Vanessa was there, they got excited as well but not as excited as me! They encouraged me to go where she was so I went there. I said hi to her and introduced my self. I told her I was from Central America she said: where in central America? Guatemala? And I said yes! I also told her that I had waited years to meet her and she said: ‘you are very sweet’ So I gave her the DVD, the bracelet and the picture of the ROTR cover. She said: this looks very beautiful, thank you.  I knew I wanted to get her autograph but didn’t have anywhere for her to sign and the only place I figured out where my shoes! She laughed and signed them.  She told  me she was working on the new album and that they were not gonna release another single from ROTR. She said there was not video for it (bride) and the label didn’t agree with releasing it. She said it in a way like she was not so happy about it. And got a picture with her  I tried to control myself because I was really excited and she noticed it.  She gave me a huge and I went back to my sit.  John McCauley introduced her and during her set everyone was paying attention and you could tell they loved her.  She played Carousel with the learning to fly intro, take it easy, 7 swords, white houses and tall tales for spring.  She noticed I was sitting right in front of her. While playing Carousel I knew I had to do the claps she thought it was cute and laugh a little. She played Talles for Spring with John and sounded very nice. When she was done playing everyone stood up and started clapping at her.  John was really good, he played a couple of songs with his guitar and some on the piano.  The show finished around 11 pm and I notice they were selling posters. I got one and got Ian and John to sign it.  And I looked for Vanessa and she signed it as well.  I told her she was amazing and it was so nice to see her. She told me: it was nice to meet you; I hope to see you again. I melted! She gave me another huge ! God! Also she said that the claps were cute. She is more beautiful in person than she in pictures she was very sweet and nice.  The whole show was unexpected because I found out about it on Thursday and not to mention that the theater was like 5 blocks away from my house. I also notice some people wanted to take pictures with John but he didn’t want to.  I recorded some videos and noticed some local channels were filming the show so hopefully we might see them soon. No better way to start my year! I don’t know if it was luck or a coincidence. I think it was meant to be and I am thankful for it. 

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2013, 12:39:02 pm »
wow, you had a nice show! glad you've got to meet her and thank you for sharing the informations. :)

and she's looking beautiful!

AG.

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2013, 12:45:06 pm »
I'm so glad you managed to meet her and it sounds like you had a fabulous time. Even though I am really jealous, I'm so pleased that you had a wonderful experience and an intimate chat with her, I bet she really appreciates your love and support.

I have a feeling that you're not going to throw your shoes away in a hurry. Have them framed or mounted! :)

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2013, 12:51:50 pm »

Manny

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2013, 12:54:50 pm »
GOD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjox31Srlho

My goodness you are quick! haha! I HAD the time of my life!!! AND YES she looks beautiful and younger than me! HAHA
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 12:57:20 pm by Manny »

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2013, 01:07:21 pm »
GOD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjox31Srlho

My goodness you are quick! haha! I HAD the time of my life!!! AND YES she looks beautiful and younger than me! HAHA

haha i've just realized it's your video. thank you manny.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 07:13:23 am by Fred_Saboya »