Author Topic: 09/10/2013 - Musicians On Call event @ 45 Bleecker theater - NYC, NY (review)  (Read 13167 times)

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
So the show was 40 minutes. I had a meet & greet (because I got the VIP ticket) before the show. When she saw me, she was like "hey, I know you!". She was sweet, she said I looked well. I got a new pic with her as well.

She said she was going back to England soon to complete the recording of the new album. No name yet apparently.

So the setlist was:

Carousel (Learning to Fly intro)
Tall Tales For Spring
7 Swords (from the forthcoming album)
White Houses
The Willows (from the forthcoming album)
A Thousand Miles
A Matter of Time (duet with John McCauley) (from the forthcoming album?)
In Our Time (with John McCauley)
The Marching Line

The news songs are really cool, especially "The Willows" and "7 Swords".

They said she's gonna be touring the US in October & November and that her new album will be coming out next year.

edit: download link is here.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 07:21:10 am by Ghisy »
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

saphire

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
This sounds so exiting :D
Thx for sharing the information ;D

Since I love "in our time" very much I'm pretty exited for the other duet of John and Vanessa ;)

I hope there will be recordings soon !!!
The unicorns are riding high
Powerful in coats of white
I turn to look and burn my eyes
I carry on, I carry on

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
Thanks Ghis for sharing! It sounds like you had an amazing time. How cool that she did duets with John!

This review made me so excited for the tour next month!

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
thank you for the information! can't wait to hear the new songs. i was looking for recordings and i found out that she tweeted about a movie called "willow" in march. just like she did with "seven swords" and no one noticed it was a song title. she's been giving us a lot of hints haha.
these two songs were not on that chalkboard picture...
did anyone record it? or were there cameras from the venue filming the show?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 12:35:48 pm by Fred_Saboya »

AG.

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
Thanks for those gems of information. I'm very excited about the John duet on 'Matter of Time', I'm already drawing parallels between the new song and 'In our Time.'

Did you manage to talk to Vanessa for long?

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
so i found this girl who went to the show yesterday and she is the only person who tweeted about the new songs!
https://twitter.com/amandawhitbeck4/status/377634377494061058
i asked her if she happens to have videos of the concert. waiting for her answer.

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
I recorded the whole show (audio only) on my phone, it doesn't sound great though. I'll try to post it when I'm home (in a couple of days).
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

coyote_revolver

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
Sorry to pry, but I found this on youtube and I thought you guys might be interested, is "7 Swords" live.

It seems is from another event, but I wasn't sure if this belonged in another thread. Sorry if this has alrady been posted; I haven't been in the boards for quite some time now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1X9rjomGl8g

williansouza908

I recorded the whole show (audio only) on my phone, it doesn't sound great though. I'll try to post it when I'm home (in a couple of days).

please ghisy publish for we today simply the willows, 7 swords and a matter of time thank you  :)

williansouza908

I can not seem encounter this not is good :(

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 09/10/2013 - Musicians On Call event @ 45 Bleecker theatre - NYC, NY (review)
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2013, 03:16:48 pm »

please ghisy publish for we today simply the willows, 7 swords and a matter of time thank you  :)

he has to fly back home, give him some time.  It takes a lot of time and effort to get songs uploaded, be patient!   ;)
~Sara~

williansouza908

Re: 09/10/2013 - Musicians On Call event @ 45 Bleecker theatre - NYC, NY (review)
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2013, 03:21:34 pm »

he has to fly back home, give him some time.  It takes a lot of time and effort to get songs uploaded, be patient!   ;)

thank you  :)

Emmyspiano

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EmilyRMiller89
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/imaginationplayground
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2013, 04:19:36 pm »

thank you  :)

Yes, thank you. How about about "Thanks for recording! Can't wait to hear the new songs. Have a safe flight home."
And if you don't believe me just put your hands on me
I see the dalai lama, I feel him blessing me

cassiemoy

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2013, 04:32:45 pm »
thanks for the info! hope to one day attend as many VC shows as you've racked up :)
formerly fish_for__stars.

williansouza908

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2013, 07:10:21 pm »
hello friend ghisy please publish the audio will be welcomed for we looking this since day 10 i can not seem find can send in the mediafire or 4shared is much easier to post and fast.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 07:13:02 pm by eduardo_willian_de_souza »