Author Topic: Re: 11/15 Largo, West Hollywood (review)  (Read 2940 times)

barefootonbeaches

• Make me high on lullabies
  • Are the echoes coming back to you?
    • View Profile
Re: 11/15 Largo, West Hollywood (review)
« on: November 16, 2013, 01:36:57 pm »
The show was SO amazing. Vanessa and Skye put on a phenomenal show. Her voice was so rich and powerful-- I was so awe-struck! And it was really nice to see her there with Skye, because his violin just makes the songs even more beautiful. She also had her goddaughter/niece come out to sing the "we will live like kings under lavender skies" part at the end of Bride (with the girls from Birdcloud), which I thought was SO sweet, although we couldn't really hear her. She came out to the merch table after to say hi and also sign. I was fortunate to get Skye's setlist, which I had him and Vanessa sign. I think I was probably incredibly awkward with them, but arghhhhh, I just need to get over that. It was great to meet them, even if I did seem like a crazed fan!
I have a really cool The Fray gif that I would like to put here, but I don't know how. :(

AG.

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 01:42:46 pm »
That sounds fantastic, I'm glad you enjoyed yourself and getting the set list is pretty cool. Was John there?

williansouza908

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, 01:58:56 pm »
setlist

Learning To Fly / Carousel
Hands on Me
Nolita Fairytale
House of Seven Swords
Take It Easy
Willows
White Houses
Hear the Bells
Get Good
Unlock the Lock
Tall Tales for Spring
I Don't Want to Be a Bride
The Marching Line

Encore

A Thousand Miles
Home
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 05:31:14 pm by eduardo_willian_de_souza »

barefootonbeaches

• Make me high on lullabies
  • Are the echoes coming back to you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2013, 05:18:04 pm »
She also played ATM and Home (which moved my mother to tears, by the way) for the encore.

No, John wasn't there. It was just V and Skye. I was actually really surprised that I was able to get the setlist! I walked up to the stage as everyone was exiting, and I just asked the employee on stage if he could give it to me, and he just handed it to me! I've been to other shows where you have to fight for it! LOL. It was really special.
I have a really cool The Fray gif that I would like to put here, but I don't know how. :(

Jophess

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 10:53:23 am »
It was a great show!

Lots of new tunes.  :)
I loved "House of Seven Swords" especially - she talked about how she wrote it for Edmund who was just graduating from college and moving to New York City, which resonated with me, having graduated from college and moved to L.A. in the past year.

I also think this new album is going to have a slightly different sound. They weren't afraid to employ drum machines and she even had this device she called "The Dream Pad" which has a really trippy, cosmic sort of sound. (She used it for "Get Good" which made me like the song 5-10x more than with the guitar.)

It was good to see her again! Haven't seen her live since her H&T tour. I've mostly grown out of her first two albums by now but I feel like her music has grown as my taste in music has grown. I hope this next album has some electronic elements to complete the transformation. We'll see!

Also, side note: Birdcloud is FUCKING HILARIOUS. I love these bitties so much. When they did "Saving Myself for Jesus" the mandolin player lifted her dress up and the guitar player got down on her knees and started playing a harmonica that was attached to the mandolin player's crotch, it was CLASSIC.
Joe

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 01:49:42 pm »
had a great time.  my 2nd time seeing her at largo and its def one of the best in la.  loved unlock the lock and willows.
..is rushing to pack his bags and take a trip to egypt like the average person does!!!