Author Topic: March 14, 2014 - H.O.M.E. Bar Chicago  (Read 4073 times)

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
March 14, 2014 - H.O.M.E. Bar Chicago
« on: March 02, 2014, 09:04:55 pm »
House of Music & Entertainment and 93.9 MYfm
bringing you Vanessa Carlton
Friday, March 14th
Doors Open at 7:30pm

Tickets $19 ($4 from each ticket goes to charity)

http://www.homebarchicago.com/event/vanessa-carlton-girls-rock/

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
Re: March 14, 2014 - H.O.M.E. Bar Chicago
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 12:46:52 am »
Going! anyone else going?

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

lavender skies

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 05:48:10 pm »
I'm gonna try! I've gone to all her recent Chicago shows (not that there are that many), but I'm working currently. Hoping I can get off to go see her.

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 04:43:22 pm »
are you guys going? have fun! :)

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2014, 08:42:50 am »
how was it?

itsthefiveofus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2014, 08:05:25 pm »
Surprised no one posted on this yet! It was a good show. She had Mr. Steele with her so that a nice treat. They played Carousel, Hands on Me, White Houses, ATM, Willows, Unlock the Lock, House of 7 Swords, Take it Easy,  Get Good, I Don't Want to be a Bride, and I think thats it? I feel like there is one missing. It was very similar if not the same exact set list as her previous Chicago date back in November City Winery. It was a good crows and she was very fun. Was drinking wine which she kept referring to as water. Explained how House of 7 Swords is for her brother and the college rowing teams listening to White Houses.

I only took so many pictures that did not turn out so well. Here are some on this link from the radio station.

http://www.939myfm.com/pages/GirlsRock/

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2014, 08:22:15 pm »
Surprised no one posted on this yet! It was a good show. She had Mr. Steele with her so that a nice treat. They played Carousel, Hands on Me, White Houses, ATM, Willows, Unlock the Lock, House of 7 Swords, Take it Easy,  Get Good, I Don't Want to be a Bride, and I think thats it? I feel like there is one missing. It was very similar if not the same exact set list as her previous Chicago date back in November City Winery. It was a good crows and she was very fun. Was drinking wine which she kept referring to as water. Explained how House of 7 Swords is for her brother and the college rowing teams listening to White Houses.

I only took so many pictures that did not turn out so well. Here are some on this link from the radio station.

http://www.939myfm.com/pages/GirlsRock/

thank you for the information! i was hoping she'd play new songs but i guess we'll have to wait. :)

itsthefiveofus

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2014, 03:17:35 pm »
Stuff I forgot! She did say that the album is due in the Fall!

Also, something I didn't know... or maybe I did? Can't remember... she herself didn't write the bridge part of "my first time..." of White Houses. She was explaining how her brother was mortified when he kept hearing the song because he thought it was about her his sister. Come to find out it was not about specifically her he was quite relieved.

justnessingaround

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2014, 05:26:55 pm »
Going! anyone else going?

Me! Was incroyrable!!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 08:50:02 pm by justnessingaround »