Author Topic: walked up and down Spring Street today  (Read 5443 times)

ourweepingwillow

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • Email
walked up and down Spring Street today
« on: May 22, 2015, 06:10:11 pm »
Nolita really is like a fairytale. I'm so glad I hung out there for a little while. Couldn't find the shots from the music video, but I'll go again tomorrow probably. Enjoy this picture of Spring Street in NoLita :)

coldyoungheart

• Make me high on lullabies
  • hear the bells;
    • View Profile
Re: walked up and down Spring Street today
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 06:46:45 pm »
That is SUPER cool. Have fun :)

pswik91

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 08:26:24 pm »
Go to Ruby's!!! It's the cutest little restaurant in that area I love it! plus it's mentioned in the song  :D

Alex0821

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2015, 11:58:37 am »
I have a very similar photograph! Several years ago shortly after Heroes and Thieves came out, I was in NYC (I grew up nearby) and made a point of going there so I could see what it was like. Nice neighborhood by the looks of it!
Check out my newest piano instrumentals, "Willows" and "Blue Pool"!

Rabbits_on_the_run

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2015, 02:09:22 am »
I've been there too!!! And I was also at Ruby's. Very nice little restaurant, the food was delicious and the server really nice! Wish I could go back soon. NYC is magical and part of it is because of Vanessa!

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2015, 05:18:58 pm »
it was my mission to visit areas she has sang about in songs when I was there for a few days during the ROTR tour.  spring street, the cemetery (which is not on Elizabeth!) the st patricks cathedral, ruby's.. I walked around Nolita and surrounding areas.. but I do not feel the magic! i'm very much a country girl and I also prefer Boston  :D
~Sara~

coldyoungheart

• hear the bells;
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2015, 06:33:43 pm »
it was my mission to visit areas she has sang about in songs when I was there for a few days during the ROTR tour.  spring street, the cemetery (which is not on Elizabeth!) the st patricks cathedral, ruby's.. I walked around Nolita and surrounding areas.. but I do not feel the magic! i'm very much a country girl and I also prefer Boston  :D

That's interesting! Is the cemetery close to Elizabeth?

ourweepingwillow

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2015, 01:42:55 pm »
Okay so I just wrote this really long post describing my trip, but I accidentally deleted it when trying to post my pictures from my trip.. I'll try again!
So I just got back from NY last night. I didn't get to spend extra time in Nolita, but I got to go to Little Italy. Little Italy was awesome, the people were very friendly, and very Italian..
I wrote this already, but Nolita really is like a fairytale. I got off the subway near Broadway and Spring Street (I'm pretty sure those are the ones that cross..) and walked down Spring Street to Nolita. Once you get to Nolita everything is calmer and quieter, so much quieter, it's odd. Cute little shops and a lot of small little restaurants.. The people are friendly and it's very pretty there. I sat at some bench on Mulberry and Spring Street (at least I'm pretty sure that's where I was) and took it all in. I tweeted to V, don't know if she saw it, but I get the fairytale now, and thanked her for exposing me to it. I didn't get to go to Ruby's, which I was really disappointed about. And I didn't get to go to the graveyard that isn't on Elizabeth, haha! But I know what she was talking about.
I would definitely move there if I could. Very quiet and calm and truly beautiful. I get it now.
Oh, also, I only have 3 more pictures from my phone of Nolita, but I took a roll of film in my Canon AE-1 and got some awesome pictures of Nolita and Little Italy. I'll post them when I can :)
So what did you all think of Nolita if you've been? I saw some of the replies on here already!

Rabbits_on_the_run

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2015, 08:53:00 am »
Since she lives in Tennessee now you probably didn't do this but (when in Nolita) did anyone else look EVERYWHERE to see if Vanessa would show up?? Haha Or is it just me ? :P I would also totally live there if i could.

ourweepingwillow

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2015, 09:27:56 am »
I definitely kept my eyes peeled! But she was posting on Twitter about being in Denver while I was there :/ of course....

coldyoungheart

• hear the bells;
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2015, 01:10:51 pm »
I'm really glad you had a good time! Thanks for the pictures :).

I've only been to New York once, and sadly, at the time I wasn't very familiar with Vanessa's music. Next time I go to New York I will definitely check out all those places she mentions in her songs/that are featured in the NF video!

joey

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - josephherbert@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2015, 12:21:10 am »
Those pics are wonderful. Glad to know you had a good time.

I'm curious though. If the graveyard isn't on Elizabeth, is the graveyard a metaphor for something else on there?
"I see the Dalai Lama ... I feel him blessing me"

Myspace...Add me...

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2015, 05:06:03 am »
Those pics are wonderful. Glad to know you had a good time.

I'm curious though. If the graveyard isn't on Elizabeth, is the graveyard a metaphor for something else on there?

well, I should say that I did not see any graveyard on that street.. i'm pretty sure I walked the whole thing, but I don't live there so maybe I didn't see it.  I just think it sounded better than "the graveyard, on prince street" (i'm pretty sure that's where it was, I can't remember now it's been a few years)
~Sara~