Author Topic: Anyone have Questions for Vanessa? (01-20-16!)  (Read 3945 times)

fizzybubblespop

• Make me high on lullabies
  • http://i.imgur.com/saOJMlL.png
    • View Profile
Anyone have Questions for Vanessa? (01-20-16!)
« on: January 20, 2016, 09:01:02 am »
Hi! I looked and I haven't seen any other posts on this board about it, but I was selected to see an intimate show, interview, and Q&A at the Grammy Museum tonight! Although I've been a big fan of V for 9 years, my mind is drawing a blank now that I might get the chance to ask her something.  Anything I can think of is questions about her old unreleased songs/demos. But from how she usually talks about her old work, she seems a embarrassed by it and wants to keep discussion more current.

Anyone have questions? Let me know before 7:30 PST! I'll try to get them answered! :D

Jophess

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
Re: Anyone have Questions for Vanessa? (01-20-16!)
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 02:04:32 pm »
I will also be there! Dine Alone got me on the list for tonight and tomorrow night at The Roxy. It's going to be a very V week!
Joe

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 05:13:17 pm »
more kids?
but i'd also like to know about old works.. if and how she would reimagine older songs.  what songs from past records she does like.
how she feels about fame
will she ever sing bride again even though she has been one now?
~Sara~

coldyoungheart

• hear the bells;
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 07:02:21 pm »
Oh no! Wish I had seen this in time.

But it must have been quite an amazing show/q&a session. I so wish I could have been there.

Were interesting questions asked?

Jophess

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2016, 06:53:24 pm »
The audience questions were lame, but the moderator was very well-prepared and led quite the interesting discussion. Also, seeing Vanessa play a grand piano was great! She only did four songs at the Grammy Museum - "Willows" through "Blue Pool" from Liberman. No ATM.

Her show the next night at The Roxy was easily the worst performance I've seen her give (very mediocre, she seemed tired) so I'm glad I got to see the Grammy Museum show as well, where she seemed more alert and present.
Joe

coldyoungheart

• hear the bells;
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2016, 06:21:03 pm »
The audience questions were lame, but the moderator was very well-prepared and led quite the interesting discussion. Also, seeing Vanessa play a grand piano was great! She only did four songs at the Grammy Museum - "Willows" through "Blue Pool" from Liberman. No ATM.

Her show the next night at The Roxy was easily the worst performance I've seen her give (very mediocre, she seemed tired) so I'm glad I got to see the Grammy Museum show as well, where she seemed more alert and present.

It's too bad about the Roxy, but I'm glad there was some interesting stuff that came out of the Grammy's discussion!

Ha! Interesting that she didn't play ATM.