Author Topic: So... should we start thinking about VC6?  (Read 6187 times)

vttmishere

• Make me high on lullabies
  • do it, do it
    • View Profile
    • Email
So... should we start thinking about VC6?
« on: June 24, 2016, 12:12:53 am »
Just figured we could write a little about our expectations for a (possible) new album... I mean, now that the Euro tour is over and there are no more scheduled dates.
Do you guys think she'll release any more singles off of Liberman? I don't think so. But, when it comes to Vanessa, we never know  :D

"If" we are to get a new album, when do you think it will be released? I'd say mid-2018.

Just wish we would finally get an official live recording from a show (Live DVD or something digital only) to keep us going until VC6.
'can't fight the force of my young beating heart'

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: So... should we start thinking about VC6?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 04:05:18 pm »
yes I know! they recorded the Nashville show, that should so be released some how for fans.
I'm not sure about a new album.  I do know that the first year of motherhood is very hard and tiring.  I'm not sure she would have the energy to really write or play around with songs.  She may have jotted things down or has ideas in her head.  now that she's past the first 18 months things should be looking up for her in regards to the child/seeping/routines/etc.  she may have more time to explore things she may have felt/thought during that first year.  I Hope that some of her new material, if she has any, will have a little to do with her growing family.
2018 seems a hefty goal for our girl, lol.  I mean, liberman was in the works for a loooooong time before it actually came out.  rabbits too!  I think 2018 is very optimistic.
~Sara~

coldyoungheart

• hear the bells;
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 08:11:58 pm »
I really hope the whole Nashville show will be released in some form... Does anyone know if the whole show was recorded? Or if it was just A Mater of Time?

Anyways, it's terrible, but I've actually been thinking about a 6th album basically ever since Liberman was released lol.

2018 sounds realistic to me... but we'll see. Maybe she'll decide to tour a bit more before she starts working on a new album.

I guess there's also the possibility that there won't be a next album, but that's too terrible to envision for me haha.

As for the sound, do you guys see her going more electronic? Like the NWSUTB remix?

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2016, 09:18:55 pm »
It's so hard to predict because her timeline has always been so random and you just never know with her.  i always hated the comments she would make about possibly never releasing another album (shes been saying these types of things since the h&t era) so i hope we don't have to worry about that.  i really do hope we get a dvd...the entire show was recorded..and there are two songs up on her youtube from that show. 
..is rushing to pack his bags and take a trip to egypt like the average person does!!!

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 04:28:36 am »
It's so hard to predict because her timeline has always been so random and you just never know with her.  i always hated the comments she would make about possibly never releasing another album (shes been saying these types of things since the h&t era) so i hope we don't have to worry about that.  i really do hope we get a dvd...the entire show was recorded..and there are two songs up on her youtube from that show. 

I think (hope) when she makes those comments she just doesn't want to put pressure on herself or feel like she HAS to make another album.  I think she's the type where she would rather let things flow organically and if something comes from that, so be it.  if not, then it's no big deal.  She is a musical person... it's been in her blood since conception, she will never leave it behind completely, I am sure.  It's just what she does, or doesn't do with that is the question.  Being free of a label really lets her explore and do what she wants.  I don't think she will ever stop performing either, especially since her husband is in the business as well. 
There was a tweet recently (Jessie deflorio, I believe) said he was editing a vanessa video.  no answer on what that was all about.
I think they did the whole show, I thought I saw it mentioned somewhere on twitter or instagram
~Sara~

coldyoungheart

• hear the bells;
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2016, 06:12:38 pm »
There was a tweet recently (Jessie deflorio, I believe) said he was editing a vanessa video.  no answer on what that was all about.

I saw that! I'm excited about it! :)

CelestialHorse

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2016, 03:27:42 pm »
That's really cool! I don't know much of what goes on besides following Vanessa on Twitter and a fan on Facebook :)

I agree about her not wanting to put too much pressure on herself, and going with the flow :) I can understand wanting more music because I would love to her more music from her too :D

Alex0821

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2016, 03:56:05 pm »
Being a mom is tiring I'm sure, but then again she was touring pretty shortly after Sid's birth so I think maybe that won't stop her from making new music if she wants to.

I anticipate that she'll do a small tour in the second half of 2017 debuting some new songs, with a new album in the second half of 2018.
Check out my newest piano instrumentals, "Willows" and "Blue Pool"!

coldyoungheart

• hear the bells;
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2016, 10:11:15 am »
I anticipate that she'll do a small tour in the second half of 2017 debuting some new songs, with a new album in the second half of 2018.

That sounds really awesome. I hope it will end up happening :)