Author Topic: Maroon 5  (Read 83885 times)

Ballet Gurl

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • MSN Messenger - superfly12345@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - MleTheLoveChild
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - emmyems12345
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/emmypoolovesyou
    • Email
« Reply #120 on: September 29, 2003, 07:21:02 pm »
That was awesome! I think I missed you talking Holly but I watched it on the webcam and streamed it.. such cute boys.

*kisses tickets for the 11/22 show*

And Tricia in reply to page two.. yes I got to talk to all of them.. hopefully next show too!

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
Maroon 5
« Reply #121 on: September 29, 2003, 09:22:22 pm »
he didnt put me on the air talking to them, lol, i guess my cold voice wasnt cool enough to be on the radio. but the whole think about getting hit by a truck was funny... he shoulda played that part.
after talking to them tonight and seeing how truly nice, funny, down to earth and sweet these guys are i love them 10x as much!

lmao... Adam said f*&^ a couple times, that part was hilarious

i can try to type out the transcript if i have time... but i didnt record some parts, so it may not all be there
"i'm willing to do anything
to calm the storm in my heart
i've never been the praying kind
but lately i've been down upon my knees
not looking for a miracle
just a reason to believe"

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
Maroon 5
« Reply #122 on: September 29, 2003, 09:38:13 pm »
(i'm going to do this in sections! and it may take me awhile to get all of it! exuse the grammer and spelling! lol)
(when i say M5 it's either all the members together or i'm not sure which member, cause i only know Adam's voice since he was basically the only one talking)

JoJo: dude, last night was the first night i ever saw your show and i had heard so much about you guys from like the last, probably, two years! i heard about you guys in an untraditional type way. Normally when i hear about a group its a record lable, or its a publicist, or its a manager, or somebody along those lines. ive been hearing about you guys from fans of your group. ive been hearing about other artists who have bumped into you or done shows with you or seen you guys play. and you guys have created this sort of a frenzy.

Adam: like which artists jojo? *laughter in background*

JJ: uh, well, me and micheal jackson where having this chat...

M5: (in MJ impression) hey JoJo!

JoJo: no actually one dude who comes to mind was, you know the group otown? Jacob, i guess he did some shows with you guys. or did he see you?

Adam: no, i think they just popped up as fans of the band.

JJ: that was about a year ago, maybe 2 years ago and i'm like 'alright lets check these dudes out' and one thing leads to another and here you guys are. what is it about you guys that has got the world in such a frenzy? i can only speak of LA, but whats the deal?

Adam: well, asides the fact that we're very good looking...

JJ: aside from the fact that these guys...

M5: *sings* cause they like my gansta walk... they like my gansta talk... yeah yeah dog! uh huh!

Adam: i, i dont know! whatever it is its wonderful cause people are really starting to dig the record. so thats really exciting!

JJ: is it crazy to be sort of underground for so long and all of a sudden its mtv and a sort of mass exposure as opposed the the grass roots kinda thing?

Adam: yeah we did the grass roots thing for quite awhile and now we just want to be a gigantic famous band so we're on MTV

JJ: and chicks dig your gansta walk dude?
*laughter*

Adam: we're all gansta basically

JJ: all right! get your calls in, we're gonna find out about these dudes in a couple of seconds. do it quick though because they're off to do another show at the HOB. this is like the 3rd night?

Adam: third night in a row!

JJ: totally sold out HOB! give them some love!
*cheering*
800-520-1027 la in the valley 520-1027. its jojo on the radio with maroon5! if you havent heard their track we're going to play it again in a couple of seconds ofcourse you all know on kiis fm!

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
Maroon 5
« Reply #123 on: September 29, 2003, 10:15:39 pm »
JJ: Maroon5 in the studio!!
*cheering*

M5: NO WAYY!!

JJ: dude! omg! dude! ok for people who dont know, give us some introductions of the group. go ahead bro, do your thing. and like say what you do in the band and introduce your gansta walk.

Adam: my name's adam and i sing and i play guitar

Mickey: i'm Mickey, i play bass

Jesse: my name is Jesse and i play the keyboards and sing

James: i'm James, i play the guitar. hello...(he did the 2nd part in a sexy voice which got shouts from the instudio audience, lol)

Ryan: my name is Ryan, i play the drums

JJ: thats Maroon5 ya'll! *cheering*

JJ: simple questions which you know, i know you've been asked this a thousand times but i'm going to go back to like the very beginning of this stuff. you guys are ofcourse from Southern Cali. i guess 4 of you guys, correct?

Adam: yeah, James is from Nebraska, Lincoln to be exact

JJ: hi Lincoln Nebraska, how you doin dude?

James: hey, what's up?

Adam: he represents the midwest

James: midwest, styly! yeah yeah

JJ: he has a gang side and all. and Maroon5, what does that mean? you guys started off as another name, i know i'm spacing on the original name you guys had

Adam: pearl jam actually!
*laughing*

JJ: Pearl Jam! yeah, that didnt turn out so well so you switched to Maroon5...

Adam: cause things weren't moving, you know?

JJ: you know what? ya gotta make a change

Adam: Eddie didnt want us to make videos anymore so we were like alright...

JJ: he's anal like that, whats his deal?

Adam: whatever, screw it

JJ: hear's their early sound, back in the day...
*plays pearl jam clip*
*laughter*

Adam: wow! those are some quick hands man!

JJ: yeah... there you go, right on! but hown did maroon5... what's it mean? whats the start of that? is that a dumb question or not?

Adam: no, thats a good question, but unfortunatly its a dumb answer

JJ: oh! give me the dumb answer! we're like that

Adam: the question...

M5: the questions dumb

JJ: the questions dumb

Adam: no, you know what man? i think its a great question!

JJ: you like my hair at all?

Adam: you know thats funny! i was about to tell you... i think you have amazing hair!

JJ: thankyou dude, right on, i love you, alright, cool, how did maroon5 start though? not the band, but the name maroon5, what does it mean?

Adam: we cant talk about that man.

JJ: really?

Adam: we took a blood oath...

JJ: shut up

M5: in the conception of the band we said we will never talk about this under any circumstances. you could hold a gun to my head right now and i would tell you...

*sound of gunshot*
*laughter*

JJ: i knew that was coming! sorry... we had to kill Maroon5... they're all gone! alright, this track, harder to breath, is uh, can we talk about that or do i have to get the gun out again?

Adam: we actually took a blood oath

JJ: get the gun dude, get the gun

Adam: come on! shoot me! shoot me baby! shoot me!

*sound of gunshot again*

M5: get the gun! shoot! shoot!

JJ: now we're down to Maroon3 now! who's left?
*laughter*

Adam: yeah, we're all dead. um, well harder to breath... it's not that interesting of a story i guess, but it was just about, uh, it's not about Jane! which i'm glad you havent asked me about

JJ: naw, not gonna go there

Adam: i kinda inflict that on myself everytime, i know its coming

JJ: let me just put you in the misery... So, is it about Jane?
*laughter*

Adam: no, no, anyway, um, Harder to Breath is just about...

JJ: Jane.

Adam: is about Jane

JJ: Ok

Adam: thankyou!

JJ: no, go ahead

Adam: it's ok, i dont want to talk about it anymore...
*laughter*

JJ: oh come on dude! come on!

Adam: naw it's cool, i talk about it too much, let's just talk about your hair anyways
*sound of gunshot*

JJ: i have a toe fetish? what about that?

Adam: do you really?

JJ: yeah

Adam: i'm so not into feet

JJ: aw dude, your missing out dude!
*sound of throwing up*

Adam: well, i dont mind feet.

JJ: you like to have them on your...

Adam: i like feet, i like to use them

JJ: you like to walk

Adam: but i'm not obsessed about them, no

JJ: i'm starting to like these guys already. Maroon5, in the studio! alright is there anything i should say before i jump into harder to breath? from Maroon3 since we killed two of you already...

Adam: i want you to say what your thinking  deep down in the depths of your soul right now

JJ: i'm thinking i should of brought the booze in because i promised you guys vodka and red bull last time at the club
*sound of burping*
and i didnt do that, thats whats on my mind. i feel like i let you down...

Adam: you did actually, you let all of us down
*sound of awwwws from  the audience*
i'll tell you what, can we dedicate this song to some of our LA band friends?

JJ: you certainly can

M5: this one goes out to Phantom Planet, Rilo Kyli, The Like, Rooney, Big City Rock

JJ: alright, anything else?

Adam: umm...

JJ: i heard you whispering, i saw you whispering in his ear... you were planning something big right now

Adam: i was just talking shit about you...

*sound of oooooo's*

M5: oh no! oh no! oh no!

M5: um, sweet nothings...

***kiis fm would like to apologogize, JoJo has f*cked up again, please stand by *music*. we apologize for this inconvinience, and now, JoJo on the radio***

JJ: that trarely happens on the first interview... ok... lets go ahead and jump into it. Maroon5, give them some love. this is your first interview on kiis fm, correct?

Adam: this is our first and probably our last

JJ: dude, no, you'll be back
*sound of gunshot*
yeah your dead... yeah, Maroon5 on kiis fm!! check it out ya'll...

(i'll type the rest later)

MandyJ421

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - mandyj421@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - LiveMusic247
    • View Profile
Maroon 5
« Reply #124 on: September 29, 2003, 11:19:12 pm »
~Mandy

Peace cannot be achieved through violence, it can only be attained through understanding.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Gina

• View Profile
Maroon 5
« Reply #125 on: September 30, 2003, 11:09:06 am »
THANKS!  :D  that rocks
Gina
.She'd do anything to sparkle in his eye.

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
Maroon 5
« Reply #126 on: September 30, 2003, 04:07:10 pm »
PART 3
lol... does anyone care that i'm doing this or want me to contunue? i thought it was a cool interview... so i wanted to share, but its a lot of work

JJ: Yo, ladies and gentlemen, in the studio, Maroon5!!

M5: yeah yeah yeah!

Adam: thank you very much everyone, thankyou

JJ: Maroon5 is known for their fans and I guess we need to talk to some of the fans because Maroon5 loves their fans

Adam: yes we do, well said

JJ: or some crazy crap like that.. hey uh, Allison! are you there?

Allison: omg i love you guys so much i can't even explain

Adam: explain, please explain

Allison's sister: i'm one of your number 1 fans!

M5: wow

Allison: that's my sister!

JJ: can you explain?

Adam: if you love us so much you have to explain!

Allison: I *laughs* you guys are seriously awesome! my sister told me about you guys and i listened you your songs and i listen to your cd every single day since i heard of you guys. i went to your concert, i went to John Mayer's concert for you guys on July 18th at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater. You guys are SO awesome!

Adam: good answer! good answer!

M5: very detailed!

Adam: thankyou sooo much! you absolutely pass with flying colors! thankyou!

Allison: thankyou!

JJ: for some people who...

Allison's sister: you guys are the greatest!!!

JJ: what the?! for some people who have just been exposed to you for the first time... how long have you guys been together?

Adam: we've been playing music together for almost 10 years, since we were 15 years old and James joined about 3 years ago and it hasnt been the same since... but in a good way!
*laughter*

JJ: i got it! now when you guys first started off, were you like awesome from the very beginning? or did you guys just suck at the very beginning?

Adam: we were awesome from the very beginning!

JJ: right on!

Adam: from the first note it was gold!

JJ: at what point did you guys realise that this is really going to go places and that it's not just a hobby? that was like...

M5: yesterday
*laughter*

Adam: yeah, really its a good questions because i think that we definatly struggled for a long time and didnt know what the hell was gonna happen. is hell ok? i'm sorry

JJ: no, it's all good

Adam: and...

JJ: you've said worse

Adam: o, ok, like fuck?
*laughter and oooooo's*

JJ: oh! oh! oh! oh!

***kiis fm would like to apologogize, JoJo has f*cked up again, please stand by *music*. we apologize for this inconvinience, and now, JoJo on the radio***

JJ: Maroon5 ya'll! Maroon5!
*cheering*

Adam: i promise i won't curse anymore! are we done?

JJ: no, we're cool! we're still rolling

Adam: i'm really sorry! but can i just talk about curse words for one more second?

JJ: yeah, go ahead

Adam: i'm sorry that i said that and i wont say it again so you dont have to be nervous.

JJ: i'm all good!

Adam: but, uh,

JJ: is the sweat drippin off my forehead?

Adam: everyone's heard the word, you know what i mean?

JJ: i dont understand why the big hesitation about certain words on the radio, because yeah, everyones heard everything

Adam: you know that word! and if you say it... it better not be... if its used in the wrong way it can be very offensive

JJ: but if its used in a certain way it's like... whatever!

M5: whatever, i mean it's just a word! ya know?

M5: especially radio edits of songs, does anybody not know whats being said when it's cut out?

Adam: i dont know!

JJ: i dont know... thats a good point, it's like everything is *makes sound*...
*sound of fog horn*
ouch! or even that thing right there...

M5: it depends how you were raised

JJ: what have we not talked about or learned about Maroon5 so far today? our brief visit.

Adam: we were telling the story... but i forgot where we left off

JJ: oh yeah! you guys started off...

Producer Tony: before he said the F word!

JJ: before you said the F word... how did you know when it was like from a hobby and turned into the real deal and that something big is gonna happen?

Adam: o! i remember that! ok, i was in the middle of answering that. i think that we struggled for a long time and honestly, i would say, when we started the write these songs we started to get the feeling that maybe this could be a big deal. personally, i think over the last couple months we've been so surprised with everything happening so quickly. well it seemed like alot really quickly but it was actually over the last couple years and i think that we're really, genually shocked about whats going on right now. and i think very recently, probably within the past few months, maybe?

M5: thats right!

Adam: and we are just so grateful and so happy. on a sincere note! i know we've been kind of... been a bit fresh with you

JJ: naw, i'm getting kinda a funky, crazy, like your getting down the business kinda vibe here! last night on stage, like when i go to your show, i'm watching you guys, this is the first time i've seen you and i'm watching the audience as well. and a large portion, atleast the ones i see, that my eyes kinda went to, the chicks were flashing up shirts... you know!

M5: that sounds worse then it is

JJ: they knew every word of your song, like all of them! and the cd is, well i guess some of them have had it for a long time, but for the mass public, somewhat of a new band.

Adam: Well the cool... thats the cool thing is that what the past couple years have done for us, we've made real fans out of people who love the music and sing every word to every song on the record. i think that alot of bands miss that, cause of the way that things work. i dont wanna bore you with industry talk
*laughter*
um,. but you know what i mean, i just think it's great that we have real fans that are with us the whole time. it's very emotional, its really great

JJ: do you really like my hair or not?

Adam: i genually love your hair!

JJ: is the toe fettish thing...

Adam: the toe fettish thing is a little creepy actually...

JJ: really?

Adam: but i love you!

JJ: i love you dude

Adam: you know you got to love the crust of a person!
*laughter*

JJ: i love this guy! you guys swear right now your going to come back soon, alright?

M5: i dont swear...
*laughter*

JJ: dont swear! alright! Maroon5 live on kiis fm ya'll!
*cheering*

tricia

• Moderators
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Trust me, I'm a doctor.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Maroon 5
« Reply #127 on: September 30, 2003, 04:15:01 pm »
Adam cusses alot
I think you underestimate the level of my sneakiness

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
Maroon 5
« Reply #128 on: September 30, 2003, 04:34:14 pm »
JJ: Maroon5 ya'll!
*cheering*

M5: my fellow americans... (in a presidential voice)

JJ: alright, how did your first interview on kiis fm go? did i do good for you guys or not?

Adam: can i give you another sincere note?

JJ: go ahead dude!

Adam: i think this was the coolest, most fun time, we've ever had doing any radio interview ever!

*accomplished trumpet sound*

JJ: whoa! theres weird sounds... are some interviews... i'm curious about this, are some interviews when you go to different station, not comparing other LA stations, i dont wanna get in that trouble, but around the country, is it weird expiriences and all? or what happened?

Adam: bizare! so weird! i mean alot of them are really good. i think that theres a couple things, the elements all need to be there. first, we like you, which is great!

M5: good hair!
*laughter*

JJ: ok

Adam: and second of all... its not 6 in the morning, we usually have early stuff, and thats kind of akward and we're kind of disheveled and all nasty and it's kind of weird and i feel like everyones kinda punching the clock a bit more, but you just seem like your genually enthusiastic about doing this, so thats cool! and uh...

JJ: right on

Adam: and also we have these amazing people here with us! so...
*cheers from instudio audience*
and uh, we're just genually in good spirits because the HOB shows have been so amazing. we're all just kind of...

JJ: tell you what, if you guys havent seen them in concert you're missing out! whens the next time after, i know tonights sold out, after tonights show at the HOB whens the next time your playing in Southern Cali?

Adam: god... probably not for a little while...

M5: anaheim!

Adam: anaheim! well yeah, anaheim and then we're playing... anaheim and then i think, i dont know if it's confirmed yet we're gonna do the wiltern around december, around christmas, with the counting crows

JJ: you guys, you have to come back here and hang out, i swear!

Adam: o! absolutely!

JJ: ok, we have time for like a call, get them in quick because they have to take off to the HOB for the show tonight however, before you guys do bail out, to say thankyou for having your first interview on kiis fm, your first instudio audience, i present you with the kiis fm knome!

*cheering*

M5: awwww....

Adam: thankyou

JJ: if you guys have logged onto the kiis cam in the last year occasionally this lil knome will be on the kiis cam

Adam: ok, i have to tell you something, i hope this doesnt harsh your mellow, cut the music! cut transmision! cut the music!

M5: you made a terrible mistake!

JJ: uh oh, on sec!

Adam: i hate to tell you this... this is going to break my heart and yours, it's not easy

JJ: whats that dude?

Adam: um, i wanted the bracelet that was on the knome

*laughter*

JJ: oh! you dont want the knome? damn it! alright...

Adam: but you know what?

JJ: give me the music again

Adam: ok. ok

JJ: i present you with the bracelet that was on top of the knome!

Adam: yay!!

*laughter and cheering*

JJ: damn, i was so rolling with that!

Adam: thank you so much man!

JJ: here you go sir...

Adam: i'd like to thank God and my mom...

*laughter*

JJ: and heres the knome... what the hell!

Adam: can i explain this to all the people for one sec?

JJ: go ahead

Adam: ok, i thought it was really amazing because it was rosta (?) colored which i like alot and it also says 'no problem' on it which are 2 things that i enjoy, rosta colored things that say 'no problem'

JJ: your an insane dude... but we dig that. i present... i hope you have a good time at the show tonight, knock them dead! get your calls in quick, Maroon 5 on kiis fm ya'll!

*cheering*

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
Maroon 5
« Reply #129 on: September 30, 2003, 04:35:06 pm »
Quote from: "DixieChck615"
Adam cusses alot

lol.. yep he does,  so does jojo really

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
Maroon 5
« Reply #130 on: September 30, 2003, 04:43:48 pm »
JJ: get your votes in for the top 9@9! i'm sure alot of Maroon5 fans are gonna be ringing up tonight! 800-520-1027 la and the valley 520-1027. hey yo!

Kim: hi! this is Kim, is the band still there?

JJ: they are right infront of me dude! say hi!

M5: we are here! we are here!

Kim: Maroon5's there?!

M5: yep, this is Maroon5!

Kim: holy crap!!

*laughter*

Kim: i am like the biggest fan of you guys!!!

Adam: thankyou so much!

Kim: i've listened to you guys since the summer of 2002 and you guys are doing the exact type of music that ive been intching to listen to! i mean, ok, i'm an aspiring singer and song writer too and ive always wanted to do a blend of r&b and rock and you guys just hit it perfectly! when i listened to the first song on the cd i was like 'this is it!! this is it!'

Adam: aw, man, thank you so much!

Kim: so i just wanted to thank you so much for doing the music that you do and putting out this beautiful record! and i saw you guys in concert on January this year and i'd have to say that was one of the best moments of my life! so thankyou guys!

M5: awww

Adam: aw, thankyou so much man! that was really sweet!

JJ: now how do you respond to that man? thats whoa...

Adam: you just sucked all the sarcasm right out of me! thankyou so much man!

Kim: ok, thank you, thats all i wanted to..

Adam: keep going man! keep going for it alright! keep singing!

Kim: alright, goodluck on your show tonight!

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
Maroon 5
« Reply #131 on: September 30, 2003, 04:49:10 pm »
Allison: i love you!!! i'm your number one fan!!! (crying and screaming)

Adam: wow, how you doin?

Allison: you guys are seriously amazing! i saw you back in July and ive been in love with you ever since! i wanna die!!

*laughter*

M5: thanks Allison

Allison: i'm your number one fan!

Adam: number 1?

Allison: yeah! number 1!

Adam: i dont know.. .are you really our number 1 fan?

Allison: yes we are!!!

JJ: you guys are like a test!

Adam: you guys cant all be number 1 tho!

Allison: Adam... is Adam on the phone too? you are sooooo hot!!!!!!!!

*laughter*

JJ: he has a gansta walk too, anyway, they gotta take off! big show tonight. Maroon5 in the studio!!

*cheering*

Maroon5: NO WAY!!!

JJ: dude!!

THE END OF THE INTERVIEW!!!!  :)

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
Maroon 5
« Reply #132 on: September 30, 2003, 05:11:08 pm »
lol, i just wanna say something....

the great thing about jojo is that he is unlike other DJs... he just totally has this crazy relaxed feel when he interviews people rather than this rigid "you have to answer these questions now!!" kinda thing. jojo's interviews are fun and i think thats why artists (even Vanessa!) love being interviewed by him and become friends with him! it may seem a bit silly to those of you who dont listen to him, but i love his style! very entertaining to listen to... you never know whats going to happen!!

and the kiis knome... that is a great honor! i love that lil knome! i have seen that thing on the kiis cam so many times! it is well known to kiis fans and i have seen it and played around with it everytime i've gone down there for a jojo instudio or to hang out with Todd ( i miss those days!) i'm gonna miss the knome! but it has a good home now with the Maroon 5 dudes! lol, and the bracelet!

musicalness

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vanessavoss.net
Maroon 5
« Reply #133 on: October 01, 2003, 02:18:31 am »
hey =)

do you know where I can find a site with sound clips?

their official site doesnt seem to have much

~Do Souls Look Like Pickles?~ Spongebob

eclv

• Moderators
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
Maroon 5
« Reply #134 on: October 01, 2003, 04:25:37 pm »
those of you hugging your tickets how much were they?

cause I just looked up the HOB Orlando show and they are $7 plus like 4.65 for all the charges, but serious $7, that is crazy cheap...  not that I mind or anything.