Author Topic: Nelly Furtado  (Read 37088 times)

ManuelD

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Nelly Furtado
« Reply #75 on: July 15, 2006, 07:07:20 pm »
I really like her first 2 albums, but I couldn't hate more the singles for the new one.

Promiscious-boy

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - Barmy-For-Music@hotmail.co.uk
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Perfectlyin
    • View Profile
Nelly Furtado
« Reply #76 on: July 30, 2006, 05:46:33 am »
Well.. we Brazilians call her now a " MEDIA PROSTITUTE ", it means that she sold herself to the media, and now she's doing NOT BAD songs, but commercial songs

Promiscuous girl is not my favourite, and it's the only song that I don't like from her new work

But maneter is rad.. but not the best....

But she didn't let me down when it's about compositions, Nelly herself made them. and she is not singing playback like Britney

It makes me happy

And it seems she's coming to Brazil...

I love this Aussiebrit... 50% from Australia, and 50% from United Kingdom

samil87

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
Think we've both lost respect...
« Reply #77 on: September 06, 2006, 07:29:40 am »
Well when I heard Promiscouis and Maneater I think I lost all respect I ever had for her. Wasn't keen on Whoa Nelly, but even then I respected her for the fact that she had artistic integrity and wasn't going out of her way to be too commercial. Folklore is probably one of my favourite albums, the songs have soul and meaning, and again Nelly seemed to be being true to herself etc. And now we have Loose with lyrics like "I wanna see you on your knees, knees, you either want to be with me or be me" :?
What the hell happened Nelly!?  :?:  She's gone from making unique meaningful songs to dealing out run of the mill (mediocre even) pop/krunk drivel, which is weak both lyrically and musically. I downloaded a few songs (payed for them, now I want my money back lol)  to see what the album was like (say it right is okay but still pretty poor), Te Busque sounds like a bad eurovision entry (trust me, that's an extremely bad thing).
Seems to me Nelly has sold out, and I'm really pretty disappointed because of how good she was. I wonder if sacrificing her musical integrity/individuality will really be worth the extra air time and few extra dollars (as far as I can tell Loose isn't doing that well, maybe not even as well as Folklore, at least in the UK).

clamicas

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - claricecassou@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Nelly Furtado
« Reply #78 on: September 06, 2006, 07:36:09 am »
Quote from: "Promiscious-boy"
Well.. we Brazilians call her now a " MEDIA PROSTITUTE ",

:? I never called her that and never heard the expression

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shannonthomas.net
    • Email
Nelly Furtado
« Reply #79 on: September 06, 2006, 12:11:05 pm »
I read a short interview with her & she described her musical evolution basically like this:

Nelly has always loved hip-hop, but realized people don't respect it (in general) the way they respect albums like the first 2 she put out.  So she wanted to earn some respect first, then do what she really wanted to do (hip-hop)...she made the fatal mistake of assuming people would KEEP their respect for her once they had it.   :roll:

She somehow made herself still seem like an artist to me...but I just think she's an idiot for thinking her fans wouldn't call her a sell out.  It's so obvious!
Cross paths with what you used to have. You've gotta learn that you've gotta earn
The fantasy
:: shannonthomas.net ::

Laura

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
Nelly Furtado
« Reply #80 on: April 11, 2007, 08:39:12 pm »
I love love love All good things must come to an end. Such an amazing song. You guys need to check it out if you havent.

That song & say it right have been the only singles ive liked so far.

ManuelD

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Nelly Furtado
« Reply #81 on: April 12, 2007, 03:23:42 am »
Quote from: "Laura"
I love love love All good things must come to an end. Such an amazing song. You guys need to check it out if you havent.

That song & say it right have been the only singles ive liked so far.

Me too.